Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 10:43 PM

393 posts, read 1,497,406 times

Advertisements

I moved to Denver from the Los Angeles area in 1988 and LOVED it! Five years ago, I had to move back to LA, and I miss Colorado so much. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get back there someday, but the house prices are skyrocketing compared to when I bought my first house there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 07:47 AM

616 posts, read 3,005,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMom View Post
I think an In and out would go like gangbusters out there. Can you imagine the first one, and no others for miles and miles to compete.
While In and Out has good burgers. Their fries are absolutely terrible! You want a good burger and fries, try Fat Burger.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:05 AM

85 posts, read 474,901 times
I do agree with you about that, If the fries are 3 minutes old they're already bad. I love fatburger as well and it doesn't even matter to me where it first started doing business. I could go on and on in response to what jazzlover said but I think the most important thing is that we're all americans. I see plenty of people out here in LA that could care less about being an american, it's sad. Forget suv's, we have hundred thousand dollar porsche's, mercedes, bmw's, and range rover's all over the place. People speaking all types of different languages and so on and so on. This is the reason I posted the question in the first place, I think we need to not pick each other apart so much as there's getting to be less and less of us as the years go on. And just to be clear I don't mean white people I mean americans.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:25 AM

18 posts, read 84,628 times
There is a small burger shop down in Colorado Springs called Classic Burger and it is identical to IN N OUT. No kidding. Rumor is that the owner was an ex-employee of the famous CA chain.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnDreamer View Post
There is a small burger shop down in Colorado Springs called Classic Burger and it is identical to IN N OUT. No kidding. Rumor is that the owner was an ex-employee of the famous CA chain.
Was it on Academy and Flintridge? Isn't that a Starbucks now?

Old 08-20-2007, 01:27 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,977,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
So when does Trader Joe's get here? (Answer? When Colorado gets rid of it's ridiculous blue laws?)
Actually, there was an article in the Denver Post talking about how Chain Grocery stores have been recently successful at getting Liquor sales in one of their locations (example... Super Target in Glendale, Costco on Wadworth in Arvada). The limitation of one store per owner still apparently applies, so each store can only have ONE location with liquor.

If Trader Joe's wanted to open up their first location in Colorado, they could have liquor sales; that path would be clear now.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:35 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
Default There is so much good food avaialable.

jazzlover wrote:
Me, I avoid all of those franchised restaurants as much as possible. It's amazing, the great (and often very reasonably priced) food you can find when you leave the franchised dumps behind.
Although I genuinely love California and Californians, I have to agree with jazzlover about the franchised dumps. Let's not bring anymore of that fast food crap into Colorado, and for your own good health, don't eat that crap. There is so much good food avaialable.

blessings....Franco

Old 08-20-2007, 02:13 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,922,788 times
Quote:
Story in the paper around 3 years ago said Classic was founded by 2 college buddies. They tried to duplicate In N Out. I ate there several times and thought it was OK, though not as good. They closed when the working partner had a heart attack. I don't know if he died or was incapable of continuing. Anyways, both locations are gone.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
Story in the paper around 3 years ago said Classic was founded by 2 college buddies. They tried to duplicate In N Out. I ate there several times and thought it was OK, though not as good. They closed when the working partner had a heart attack. I don't know if he died or was incapable of continuing. Anyways, both locations are gone.
Thanks for sharing the update...it has been a while since I last ate there...back in 97...okay, so that is 10 years ago..YIKES

Old 08-20-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Was it on Academy and Flintridge? Isn't that a Starbucks now?
My memory is not working today...for some reason, I keep thinking it was off of Nevada......it may have actually been called Island Burger...It has been some time since I was last there, but as I remember it, it did seem like a great imitation of In N Out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado