Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 11:21 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,168,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Ugh...close this thread

Edit: I do agree on the COL ..its outrageous here..other than that ...na.
Some folks were never understand JP. This state (esp when SW corner is excluded) is not that expensive unless we are contrasting with "developing", high growth, low wage states.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:22 AM

11 posts, read 17,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Austin is pretty devoid of trees.... and is a snoozer in terms of fall scenery. Go fish.
Have you ever been to the area that is considered west Austin? No lack of trees here; matter of fact, when I look out my back deck I see a canyon filled with nothing but green trees (year round) oh-except that part at the bottom of the canyon that has Lake Austin running through it. Then on the other side of that canyon, more green trees protected by state preserve land!

Old 07-30-2013, 11:23 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,489,693 times
I collect cans and do just fine.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:27 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmombiz View Post
Have you ever been to the area that is considered west Austin? No lack of trees here; matter of fact, when I look out my back deck I see a canyon filled with nothing but green trees (year round) oh-except that part at the bottom of the canyon that has Lake Austin running through it. Then on the other side of that canyon, more green trees protected by state preserve land!

So rocky, sandy canyon? Not a green valley? How many varities of trees? Sure thats not scrub brush??

Old 07-30-2013, 11:28 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Ugh...close this thread

Edit: I do agree on the COL ..its outrageous here..other than that ...na.
Just the type of CT mentality I was speaking of. Who are you to respond to my post with an instruction to have the thread closed just because you don't agree with me? It is this type of obnoxious attitude that prevails. Shameful.

Oh, I forgot to add the passive aggressive smiley face.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Yes I have spent considerable time there. The neighborhoods are for all intents and purposes, devoid. This is modest to heavy tree cover in the canyons, parks or undeveloped/poor terrain areas.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I was raised in CT and lived there over 40 years. I've been gone almost 10 years. I'm grateful for the good education it gave me, and the exposure to the natural beauty of the state which led to my love of nature. It will always be considered "home" but it is very hard to have any quality of life in that state unless you have a good income. The parts of CT that I love...the historical homes in the country...I could never afford. The cities are disgusting dumps full of deserted factories and 3 family homes that have seen much better days. It seemed as though there was always some type of payment due to the state, city, etc. It was impossible for me to get ahead. I was lucky I sold my home at the height of the bubble and got the heck out when I did.

The big CON in Connecticut is the people. You are judged by the amount of money you make or the house you live in. Rude drivers who think nothing of giving you the finger, snooty cliques everywhere, cashiers who refuse to even look at their customers or give them the final total verbally, just a whole lot of backstabbing dog eat dog mentality. I don't miss that aspect of CT, but when I see pictures of a gorgeous maple tree in autumn, I still get homesick.
I agree with this posters experience with the rude behavior of others!

Old 07-30-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I agree with this posters experience with the rude behavior of others!
Why is it rude to defend our state when posters who seemingly moves frequently starts disparaging?

Old 07-30-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Why is it rude to defend our state when posters who seemingly moves frequently starts disparaging?
The rude behaviors of people in the stores and driving in the streets is what I was referring to! The title of the post is why do people dislike CT so much-you expected a bunch of love for the state?

Old 07-30-2013, 11:35 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Just the type of CT mentality I was speaking of. Who are you to respond to my post with an instruction to have the thread closed just because you don't agree with me? It is this type of obnoxious attitude that prevails. Shameful.

Oh, I forgot to add the passive aggressive smiley face.
To be fair YOUR post was not very fair or accurate either. Complaining about the COL and housing. Theres plenty of those "historical homes" for an average of 150-250k. Thats pretty much average anywhere in the country. If you cant afford average its not any states fault. You cant compare SW Ct to other average places anymore than you can compare Beverly Hills or gated communities in Orange Couty Ca.

Ive lived in 3 distinctly different parts of Ct. as well as NY, Fl, and the Monterey area of Ca. The COL including housing is not much of a difference at all in any of them in my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut