Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 03:33 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
This is very similar to a statement Patsy Ramsey made about Jonbenet's death: "She'll never have to know cancer or the loss of a child..."

In both cases, it appears the mothers were speaking about themselves and projecting their own issues onto their tragically deceased children.

Exactly. I think they wanted to relieve themselves of the emotional or FINANCIAL "burden" of the child. Both women go far ahead in time, considering how much MONEY and EFFORT it takes to raise a child. In this current case, I really think it was about money. Home Depot paid for the funeral.

Dad not allowed at funeral after toddler son dies in hot SUV | WTVR.com

"A charity fund at Harris’ employer, The Home Depot, will pay for the funeral. . . The funding of the funeral from the Home Depot charity, the Homer Fund, is a 'standard approach.'"

What do you bet that they knew this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 04:15 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Between this and defending the husband and saying she's not mad at him, that's not normal. Even if it was just a tragic accident, you would still be upset with the negligent adult involved.
I agree. She might have had the good sense (although that seems to be in amazingly short supply with this couple) not to lash out at him in public, why she doesn't hold him responsible is beyond me.

Regardless of whether it was accidental or not, most mothers would have some bitter words for a father who killed their baby.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:21 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,561,460 times
I'm not trying to be Nancy Grace here, but there are so many red flags in this case. Even if the father somehow forgot his son was in the car for the few minutes it took them to drive from where he stopped for breakfast to where he went to work (should have driven farther down to the road to drop his son off), how does he not think about him at all that day? I have a son who I think about constantly. I drop him off and pick him up from daycare everyday (just like this 'father') and we have activities we go to almost everyday as well.

How does he not remember to pick him up from daycare after he leaves work? I mean he forgets to drop him off and pick him up, even though he does this on a daily basis? If this is not premeditated then I don't understand how it's even possible. I guess there is a .001 chance it's possible, but I can't fathom how any person could do this, especially if this was a part of his daily routine. There are too many things he forgets all throughout the day.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this case. May the little boy RIP.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:37 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,561,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
That's a very odd statement for a mother to make. It's one thing to want to believe in your husband, but to basically say that your son is better off dead than having to deal with awkward stages or middle and high school? That would make my blood run cold.
I totally agree with you here. We're all humans and we're all meant to experience the highs and lows of life. That's the great part about living. It's really strange that a mother who just lost her baby would say something like that.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:01 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
So both the mom and dad searched at what temperature it takes for a baby to die inside a hot car. The father has given inconsistent accounts on where he was going after work and when he realized his son was still in the car. This poor kid never had a chance.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:14 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
So both the mom and dad searched at what temperature it takes for a baby to die inside a hot car. The father has given inconsistent accounts on where he was going after work and when he realized his son was still in the car. This poor kid never had a chance.
Those same accounts are just as inconsistent in the morning ( breakfast- work child care), as well. It reminds of a plan that went wrong. Girlfriend? Baby Adoption to one of the members in church? This incident does have something to do with religion, I think. "My child will never get bullied" at a funeral.. really?

How many people are going to Google 'Hot Car Death' when the results are always death? Without looking a website, I would think it would be common sense.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:03 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I agree. She might have had the good sense (although that seems to be in amazingly short supply with this couple) not to lash out at him in public, why she doesn't hold him responsible is beyond me.

Regardless of whether it was accidental or not, most mothers would have some bitter words for a father who killed their baby.
Exactly, many time in scenarios where it is accidental such as child drowning, the parents end up divorcing due to not being able to deal with the grief or there are hard feelings towards the negligent parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Those same accounts are just as inconsistent in the morning ( breakfast- work child care), as well. It reminds of a plan that went wrong. Girlfriend? Baby Adoption to one of the members in church? This incident does have something to do with religion, I think. "My child will never get bullied" at a funeral.. really?

How many people are going to Google 'Hot Car Death' when the results are always death? Without looking a website, I would think it would be common sense.
That's the thing. Common sense tells you that you don't ever leave a child in a hot car. Add in that he went back down at lunch to the car(there is NO WAY he couldn't have seen the boy) sure looks like he was checking to see if the child was gone....MONSTER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
I'm not trying to be Nancy Grace here, but there are so many red flags in this case. Even if the father somehow forgot his son was in the car for the few minutes it took them to drive from where he stopped for breakfast to where he went to work (should have driven farther down to the road to drop his son off), how does he not think about him at all that day? I have a son who I think about constantly. I drop him off and pick him up from daycare everyday (just like this 'father') and we have activities we go to almost everyday as well.

How does he not remember to pick him up from daycare after he leaves work? I mean he forgets to drop him off and pick him up, even though he does this on a daily basis? If this is not premeditated then I don't understand how it's even possible. I guess there is a .001 chance it's possible, but I can't fathom how any person could do this, especially if this was a part of his daily routine. There are too many things he forgets all throughout the day.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this case. May the little boy RIP.
There is NO WAY you can put a child back in the car, drive less than 5 minutes to work from the Chick Fil A and forget the child is in the car, NO WAY.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:18 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:

That's the thing. Common sense tells you that you don't ever leave a child in a hot car. Add in that he went back down at lunch to the car(there is NO WAY he couldn't have seen the boy) sure looks like he was checking to see if the child was gone....MONSTER.
His windows are tinted but I can see in the back seat with this photo. There is no way he couldn't have seen his child. His windows aren't that darkly tinted and more along the lines of factory specifications.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:50 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I do think this has something to do with religion..

Leanna went on to say she would not bring Cooper back into this selfish world. She said she'll miss her son forever, but now he will not have to deal with heartbreak, worry about awkward stages or deal with middle or high school.

Cobb County father makes jailhouse call to son

(That should be a dead give-away. All she focuses on is 3-5 years from now?) Her son wasn't even in school..........
From that article:
Quote:
“During an interview with Justin, he stated that he recently researched, through the Internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur,” according to search warrants. “Justin stated that he was fearful that this could happen.”
Glad I read this thread before I posted.
I think the murder charge is correct but he will have the chance to prove otherwise. I predict the charge stands.

Horrible tragedy to say the least.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:57 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
There is NO WAY you can put a child back in the car, drive less than 5 minutes to work from the Chick Fil A and forget the child is in the car, NO WAY.
I agree. I felt sorry for the guy at first, but I did not know all the details. My wife tells me the daycare is near the guy's work as well, as in maybe it is part of the Home Depot corporate park complex. If that is the case, I don't see how the dad could forget the kid - and why he isn't the primary person dropping the son of every day anyway since the daycare is the closest to his job - which would speak to the normal "defense" that normal routine caused him to forget. But having breakfast with him, driving a few blocks and leaving him? I don't see how that is possible. My kids fall asleep fairly quickly on a car ride, but not that fast - and there's no way I'd forget about them.

He'd still be talking and moving and otherwise active.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events