Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 12:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Do you have a daughter to protect ? I think if you did you would understand. Try telling anyone with a daughter that it should be okay for strange men to be in the same bathroom with her and see how far you get.
Yes, I have a daughter. She knows how to close stall doors too. It is a really easy thing to teach a child "close the door, and lock it"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 12:34 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I bet there were small businesses that shut down rather than serve black people as well after an end was put to Jim Crow laws.
Undoubtedly. They, after all, wanted special treatment.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:36 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Really? So why are florist, baker and photographer's rights to religious freedom and rights to earn a living being determined as a result of special treatment for homosexuals?
Religious freedom does not extend to taking away the rights of others, even if your religion calls for it.

It's really not that difficult to comprehend. The only conclusion I can draw is that people such as yourself choose to pretend not to comprehend.

And yet again, LGBT people are not asking for special treatment, they are asking for equal protections under the law, as promised in the Constitution.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Religious freedom does not extend to taking away the rights of others, even if your religion calls for it.

It's really not that difficult to comprehend. The only conclusion I can draw is that people such as yourself choose to pretend not to comprehend.

And yet again, LGBT people are not asking for special treatment, they are asking for equal protections under the law, as promised in the Constitution.
But, but, but... THE CAKE!!!!!

Old 02-12-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So what happened to that thread? Why was it deleted? Shouldn't there be some sort of explanation? Anyone know?

Old 02-12-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
So what happened to that thread? Why was it deleted? Shouldn't there be some sort of explanation? Anyone know?
No clue. This one will probably be closed soon too. They always get deleted.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:47 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,328,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Gawd I am so tired of all this gay, lesibian, race, religion, transgender, and pot rights! etc!!

Some people are so self absorbed.

Quit taking up time with legislation and laws for more important issues.

And quit wasting tax payers money.

All for the sake of yourself or your group.
Agreed! -- Absolutely!

But the point here is that we have a fight between the Religious Right, some of whom are still convinced that LGBT's "recruit" -- and are out to corrupt their children (nonsense!), and a new strain of Left-leaning militancy; one more group out to become a priveleged class enjoying the "protection" of the law from a market system which tends to "weed them out" and hold them back (although nowhere near so much as was the case years ago).

In this process, the biggest loser is the American taxpayer, who simply wants to keep more of what he/she earns and not to be drawn into a struggle that makes the workplace seem more like a junior high school classroom every day.

Quote:
Please don't insult our intelligence! They are asking for their own place within the Pantheon of the Politically Correct, from which they can advance their agenda at the expense of the conservatives -- whom they despise and try every day to depict as little more than a collection of provincials,

I am a conservative, but with libertarian, rather than "traditionalist" beliefs -- based on empirical reason, rather than religious or nationalistic absolutes. As such, I view sexual orientation, like religious belief, as a purely private matter. My suspicions toward the so-called "progressives" crazy-quit collection of single issues is no stronger, and no weaker, that my suspicion of Bible-thumpers and fig-leaf hangers. Both sides rely heavily on stereotyping, oversimplification, and an appeal to emotion, rather than thinking -- and that usually gets those caught in the middle hurt the most.

A pox on both your houses!

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-12-2015 at 01:02 PM..

Old 02-12-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
No clue. This one will probably be closed soon too. They always get deleted.
Hmmmph!

Old 02-12-2015, 12:59 PM

920 posts, read 633,389 times
Quote:

No one is taking rights away from anyone. Refusing to provide creative services to an event that your faith informs you is a moral abominations does not take the rights of a gay couple from walking across the street and engaging the services of another vendor.

No, they are seeking the special treatment of seeking protection because of their sexual attraction, not because they are being treated differently than another man/woman.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:01 PM

920 posts, read 633,389 times
Quote:

Exactly. If gays really were honest about this being about "being with the one I love," they would not use the force of the state to destroy family businesses over cakes and flowers. And everyone pretty much knows that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events