Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2015, 04:38 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Just another example of people with a gun, pretending that they are "defending" themselves, ending up dead.

Once you pull out that gun, your odds of dying escalate dramatically.
Looks like the anti-gun folks are here already, looking for dead bodies to hold up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What difference would drugs make? Nothing excuses what this man did to her regardless of what she did.

Makes no difference what it was about. The woman got her son and a gun, then went looking for trouble. They found it, and brought it home. Then they had a "Gunfight." There is no excuse for what either of them did, but then again, we don't have all the facts. Did they pull the gun on the other driver, just to scare him when they found him? Did he get miffed and go home to get his own gun? The police did not say he followed them back. The report said he returned some time later. The son isn't going to say much, about his role in this, or his Moms.

Looks like they got the "Confrontation" they seemed so eager to have, and it did not go as planned. No sympathy.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:50 PM

792 posts, read 1,302,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You should take your own advice before you try to make it an anti-gun thread, and slick trick, asking for no one to call you out.

It was two thugs, and one had his mom the other had better aim. That's all.
No Sir...absolutely no trick...I am about as far from anti-gun as you can get...however even many of us very active supporters of the Second Amendment also support very strict personal responsibility. It is situations such as this that do indeed bring negative attention.

This is an open forum....when a situation such as this occurs, I would hope that it makes everyone stop and think, nothing more, nothing less, and even perhaps open productive dialogue.

This is a very sad, unfortunate situation ....however I have absolutely no agenda !

Old 02-18-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Unfortunately with the state of journalism and the speed of internet spin it is so hard to not question the validity of the events of this story when it first broke. Gone are the who, what, when, where and why of reporting and in it's place is hurry up reporting.

I feel for the family.........................but definitely as the story changed you have to question the logic of going out to look for the car at that time of night with your son and a gun.

As a father I will protect my family with whatever means it takes if we are in a danger of bodily harm, but on the other hand I have the responsibility to keep them out of harms way at all times.....and if it means letting someone cut me off or flipping me off while with my family I will turn the other cheek 100% of the time.

Who ever fired the shot that hit the mom might not of known until the story broke that he hit her, and with the lead story stating he chased them down to shoot them, it might have freaked him out and kept him from coming forward (no excuse). Unless there is a video we might never know if the son initiated the shooting first or the gunman.
Very well said ! Excellent point regarding the access to "instant news"...I learned long ago to believe nothing you read and only half of what you see ...great post !

Old 02-18-2015, 06:55 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
This was a definite tragic event, however a very preventable incident. The LVMPD is pretty decent at finding the bottom line...I'm rather confident that given time, they will find the suspect and/or suspects...and those facts yet to be disclosed.
I'm not confident at all. In light of the LVMPD defending this thug family and their reckless endangerment, I don't think they really want to get to the bottom of this. The police have already made up their minds. Now it's just a matter of finding someone to frame for this.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:23 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Unbelievable that the police would defend this BS. The cops are dumber then the woman was.

First she wasn't scared. She was pissed off. A scared woman would have stayed at home, and called the cops to come and protect her. This woman just wanted to get a gun and get some revenge.

Of course all indications are that the unknown person fired first. They only have one side of the story. Who is going to admit to shooting first?

Old 02-18-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I'm not confident at all. In light of the LVMPD defending this thug family and their reckless endangerment, I don't think they really want to get to the bottom of this. The police have already made up their minds. Now it's just a matter of finding someone to frame for this.
Totally understand and respect your opinion...my only thought (and hope) is that the press releases are geared to maintain respect for the family...Metro is in a no win situation as if they don't choose their words carefully and correctly, they will get tons of criticism. At this point it's almost like reading between the lines...it is a totally bizarre scenario but hope in time the facts get disclosed.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Sounds like the story is not clear and depends on who telling the tale.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
No Sir...absolutely no trick...I am about as far from anti-gun as you can get...however even many of us very active supporters of the Second Amendment also support very strict personal responsibility.
I support personal responsibility also, but none of this was the fault of a firearm, no more that it was the fault of the vehicles, which started this whole episode. It was stupid people that had no regard for Law. So we half agree. I would also be pretty sure that these folks would have had guns, even if they had to jump through a few more hoops to get them. Some things you just can not stop, and they are destined to play out.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:44 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I support personal responsibility also, but none of this was the fault of a firearm, no more that it was the fault of the vehicles, which started this whole episode. It was stupid people that had no regard for Law. So we half agree. I would also be pretty sure that these folks would have had guns, even if they had to jump through a few more hoops to get them. Some things you just can not stop, and they are destined to play out.
So the obvious conclusion is we probably should not let "stupid" people have guns.

I wonder what the NRA would say about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events