Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 11:27 PM

19,214 posts, read 16,696,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Interesting isn't it, that they gave such a detailed description right down to eye color of the guy but were so vague on the car?
Yes, it is. And how close were they that eye color could be distinguished? Especially at night ... when it's dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 12:31 AM

5,210 posts, read 6,142,795 times
Although tragic this continues to morph into an unbelievable story.

The latest below......until the smoke clears further, there are more crazy inconsistencies popping up.

Article says the family of the deceased mom knew this man and neighbors say someone from the deceased family visited him this week.

Family knew suspect in Las Vegas road rage shooting | Fox News

Quote from article, although hard to believe the husband would say this:

"We know this boy," Robert Meyers said. "I couldn't tell you this before. He knew where I lived. We knew how bad he was but we didn't know he was this bad."

A week ago this turned into an overnight full blown Internet story........seven days later it continues to unravel into a truly tragic chain of events that could have been easily avoided.

Update.....husband knew who the killer was......but could not reveal:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2121795

Roberts Meyers claimed the family knew who was responsible but couldn't reveal his identity before the arrest. He told reporters his wife had been kind to the young neighbor, even giving him money and offering advice about growing up.

With all the sensationalism involved with this story it is kind of hard to believe what is being reported and what is real.............if it is real.................what a tragic mess!

Last edited by JBtwinz; 02-20-2015 at 12:53 AM..

Old 02-20-2015, 02:05 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Funny you should say this because some people will wait, in the middle of the street for the most minor of bumper taps. It has gotten so bad in major cities many have adopted laws that require you to move a non disabled vehicle with no injuries out of the road to wait for someone to take a report.
When I started driving the law was that you could not move your vehicle from it's point of rest after an accident, until the police finished their investigation, and cleared you to move it, no matter how minor it was.

I remember one time when I was a kid being on a city bus that scraped a car in the next lane going around a sharp curve. Not even a fender bender, just paint scraped. The bus driver immediately stopped the bus and radioed his dispatcher with the details of the accident. He told the dispatcher that his bus was blocking a major street. The dispatcher told him not to worry about that, not to move the bus before the police and his supervisor told him to. Then the dispatcher started detouring other busses on the route around the area.

It took about 10 minutes before a cop showed up. For the next 30 minutes the cop had his car blocking off the street while he measured the vehicle positions, and drew out a diagram of the accident scene and got statements from the bus driver and the woman who's car he scraped. The bus driver's supervisor showed up with a camera and took pictures of the damage. The cop finally told them to move their vehicles to the curb, and he left. Then the bus drivers supervisor started doing his report. All of that for a bit of scraped paint.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:41 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,847 times
There is more to this than meets the eye. We are calling it 'road rage' simply because vehicles and an accident were envolved.

I cant think of any other road rage case where the people envolved knew each other and lived 1 street away from each other. Doesnt mean its not road rage, but most criminals would realize their chances of escaping prosecution would be next to none under these circumstances.

Why did it take a week to make an arrest?

Seems like a long time to wait when you allegedly know who commited the crime.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:52 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Maybe the daughter was involved with the guy? The mom went out to get her away from him?

On another website, they said he was a gang member - Alpha Block or something like that.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:59 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
These were very stupid people. Some people get beer muscles, these folks had gun muscles. All they had to do was chalk it up to a bad experience and she would be alive today. A gun is not a toy with which to act like a tough guy.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:11 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
This tragic case is getting curiouser and curiouser.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:18 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Yeah gave him money for drugs.... The only reason you go out at that time at night is to get more drugs. You meet up with the guy and he robs or tries to otherwise rip you off. You then get mad go back and get your son with a gun to get revenge, and wind up dead. Your neighbor doesn't just randomly shoot you for a road rage/honking horn incident. This guy was obviously the moms drug dealer. Case closed.

They really need to hire me on as an investigator for the LVPD, are they really that clueless?
This explanation makes more sense their story of road rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

Reading his FB posts, it's clear gun-toting son is a self-confessed hothead to say the least, and although there was no road rage in this incident, he posted awhile earlier about his own rage when a pedestrian cut in front of a car he was riding in. He said that if his gf (driver) hadn't peeled out of there, he would have ****** up the pedestrian. In other posts he alludes to his anger problems, sometimes expressing regret, sometimes bragging.
The way story keeps evolving I'll not be surprised if we hear tomorrow that actually it's Mrs and son and daughter was no where in the picture at least when this happened. Maybe it's Son who went upstairs to wake the sister up to let her know action is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
He strikes me as your typical wannabe tough guy. His wife apparently had a similar attitude and it got her killed. And at least one son is the same way.
I have a feeling son is somehow more involved. I guess they put the daughter of 14 in the story as that will certainly generate more sympathy and it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Apparently, his wife had several interactions with him. The husband said she gave him money, counseled him and tried to (sort of) parent him.

The story just gets more bizarre every day.
Oh my...Initially it was a random road rage stuff. Now it turns out road rage was between mom and son Exactly it gets bizarre every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Maybe the daughter was involved with the guy? The mom went out to get her away from him?

On another website, they said he was a gang member - Alpha Block or something like that.
This is another possibility - again may be mom went out with SON to deal with this punk. Maybe daughter was the one that was sleeping upstairs. Somehow I do not trust this son of her's as even after his mom is dead he seems to be more focused on his shooting adventure that night.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:18 AM

286 posts, read 150,197 times
This story has gotten so convoluted I don't know how they'll ever get to the truth.

It's hard to keep all the different stories straight but wasn't it reported that the mom and son left the house because they're didn't want to lead the suspect there?

That would make no sense, if they knew the kid and he only lived a block away then the kid already knew where they lived when Tammi first ran into him on the street.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:30 AM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Saw the husband on the national news, I didn't find him to be sincere in his grief. I know people all act differently, but he was doing the crying with no tears coming out scenario..
I watch a lot of the true crime shows. It's interesting how often the police will comment about the husband's (who is always the first suspect) reaction to learning of his wife's death or his actions on the 911 call. What is the "correct" response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events