Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 12:49 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
You BELIEVE vaccines can and do cause more harm than they actually do.

What do you say to the very scientifically sound notion that the vaccine preventable diseases do more harm to those with auto-immune issues? I'm curious.

See, you use an extremely rude statement to call out rudeness. Do you not see how that might make your statement have a little less gravitas?

You know who I think is more representative of "sheep" in general? Those who refuse to consider actual evidence and science and prefer to rely on shaky opinion. But really, that seems more like lemmings to me. It would, however, be "rude bullying" for me to suggest a correlation.
You believe that mandates do more good then they actually do. You don't believe in choice. You believe in coercion.

Autoimmune diseases are lifelong. There is ample evidence that certain vaccines play a role in certain autoimmune disease. It doesn't matter that some organizations try to suppress that evidence, it's real. People should have the right to choose which vaccines make sense for them and which don't.They should even have the right to forgo all of them despite your misguided logic.

I'm fed up with the constant insults thrown around by certain posters who will go unnamed directed at me and anyone who does not agree with mandates. I figure that those who hand them out like candy can handle them when they come back at them.

I have considered and studied and read the evidence on both sides. Not just the side that supports my viewpoint as your pro mandate side has and does.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
YAY! YOU'VE MADE A CHOICE! See how easy that is

Well then it appears mandates are a good thing as it assures you your children won't have science and other uncomfortable concepts imposed on them.

We have consistently provided facts and data that PROVE your "feelings" about vaccines being harmful are WRONG. Not kinda sorta right, unequivocally wrong.

You have attacked those that support public health as sheep, shills and assorted other insults. If you find my unwillingness to indulge your fictions and conspiracies rude, so be it - there's the ignore feature for that.

If you wanted to send your kid with a loaded gun to school I wouldn't pretend that was rational either. Playing the victim after the absurdities you've quoted over and over here is perhaps the most desperate of strategies.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The autoimmune disease myth has been debunked:

Addressing Parents

Tomljenovic is a well known anti-vax crank.

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-lu...er-shaw.t2444/

Shoenfeld:

Antivaccinationists against the HPV vaccine, Round 5,000 – Respectful Insolence

"Yehuda Shoenfeld, who is known for testifying for 'vaccine injury' victims and running a journal sympathetic to antivaccine views, even publishing works by quacks like Mark and David Geier. The 'syndrome' appears to have been made up of whole cloth based on unfounded assumptions. He’s also been known to speak at antivaccine conferences and “vetted” the antivaccine propaganda movie The Greater Good for 'accuracy,' and the movie’s producer promotes ASIA."

Shoenfeld's pet autoimmunity theory is debunked at the link.
Everyone who does not tow the line is a "quack", "Crank", whatever. That is part of the suppression of the truth. The pharmaceutical industry is rotten to the core.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:00 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The autoimmune disease myth has been debunked:

Addressing Parents

Tomljenovic is a well known anti-vax crank.

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-lu...er-shaw.t2444/

Shoenfeld:

Antivaccinationists against the HPV vaccine, Round 5,000 – Respectful Insolence

"Yehuda Shoenfeld, who is known for testifying for 'vaccine injury' victims and running a journal sympathetic to antivaccine views, even publishing works by quacks like Mark and David Geier. The 'syndrome' appears to have been made up of whole cloth based on unfounded assumptions. He’s also been known to speak at antivaccine conferences and “vetted” the antivaccine propaganda movie The Greater Good for 'accuracy,' and the movie’s producer promotes ASIA."

Shoenfeld's pet autoimmunity theory is debunked at the link.

I would take anything including Lucija Tomljenovic as a study author with a huge grain of salt. This is a woman with a PhD in immunology who completely failed to give a basic definition of what immunology is, she also commonly makes comments that you would never expect from someone that is so educated, comments that show a shocking lack of comprehension regarding how basic studies are conducted, questioning why people with allergies are removed from vaccine trials, questioning why newer vaccines are tested against older, dependable vaccines rather than placebo....just basic stuff that you would expect a college biology undergrad to know.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:03 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,078 times
Everyone I know who has been vaccinated from the FLU every flu seasons gets sick like a dog. And they get the people around them sick.

Not sure what the point is of a FLU shot. If it doesn't protect you from future strains, why bother.

Oh that's right. $$$

Old 08-21-2015, 01:09 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Everyone who does not tow the line is a "quack", "Crank", whatever. That is part of the suppression of the truth. The pharmaceutical industry is rotten to the core.

No they are "cranks" because they regularly make comments that have no basis in science or engage in shoddy study design for financial reasons much like how Wakefield did. Wakefield basically prostituted himself out, his education and whatever integrity he may have had for a few hundred thousand dollars from a law firm that was hoping to sue vaccine manufacturers but needed some sort of scientific impetus to proceed. Wakefield was more than happy to cash out.

They get labeled because they engage in bad science and their "studies" get taken apart in short order.

Most of these people have been professionally discredited, have had their licenses yanked such as in the cases of Andrew Wakefield and Mark Geier for intentionally engaging in massive fraud, no different than the researcher from South Korea who falsified data in research on embryonic stem cells and was quickly outed when scientists from other countries could not replicate his results.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:09 PM

1,316 posts, read 747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You believe that mandates do more good then they actually do. You don't believe in choice. You believe in coercion.

Autoimmune diseases are lifelong. There is ample evidence that certain vaccines play a role in certain autoimmune disease. It doesn't matter that some organizations try to suppress that evidence, it's real. People should have the right to choose which vaccines make sense for them and which don't.They should even have the right to forgo all of them despite your misguided logic.

I'm fed up with the constant insults thrown around by certain posters who will go unnamed directed at me and anyone who does not agree with mandates. I figure that those who hand them out like candy can handle them when they come back at them.

I have considered and studied and read the evidence on both sides. Not just the side that supports my viewpoint as your pro mandate side has and does.
I do not believe in coercion. I do believe in choice. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

I know what autoimmune diseases are. I am very aware. The evidence you cite is not reputable on a scientific plane. When I try to research studies and links, it ends up dissolving in a puff of smoke. There is no THERE there. My logic is fully intact.

Do you believe you have insulted no one? Because you have. Do you believe you have a better right to hurl insult at people? You may as well apply your thought to yourself--hand it out, deal with the results.

What makes you believe that I haven't read on both sides? Because I don't agree with you? I'm sorry, but I have. Most recently, I did exhaustive research on HPV vaccine. I spent hours combing through VAERS data, reading studies and reports, finding health directives from around the world. And it lead me to the conclusion, after taking ALL SIDES into account, that it was safe. That it would keep my children healthier. That it would prevent a virus that could cause cancer. That those who believe (and I do think most sincerely believe) the vaccine harmed a loved one were in error. I am confident in the information i have found. I understand that you are, too. I think you are wrong, that you are relying on emotion more than fact, that you will not accept that you have a choice because you don't like the alternative. Am I right? I think so. You do not. Fine, disagree. But you don't need to hurl insult at me.

And understand this: If you post something that I believe is damaging to the public (not just to an argument--please understand the difference), I will refute it. As will many others. You present your evidence, someone else presents theirs. That's a debate. You don't want people to refute your evidence, stop posting it. I don't expect to change your mind. You are too entrenched. But I find it terribly irresponsible to leave something that is not factual or that has been successfully refuted up for all to see. So if you're waiting for me to shut up, it's not going to happen. No matter how mean-girl you are to me.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:13 PM

1,316 posts, read 747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Everyone I know who has been vaccinated from the FLU every flu seasons gets sick like a dog. And they get the people around them sick.

Not sure what the point is of a FLU shot. If it doesn't protect you from future strains, why bother.

Oh that's right. $$$
I've never been sick from a flu shot. My husband hasn't. My children haven't. My parents haven't. My sister hasn't.

The only time I've been sick with the flu is the year I didn't get a shot. And I ended up in the hospital from it.

So, there you have it. Dueling anecdotal evidence. But there's actual fact to back up my version.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
No they are "cranks" because they regularly make comments that have no basis in science or engage in shoddy study design for financial reasons much like how Wakefield did. Wakefield basically prostituted himself out, his education and whatever integrity he may have had for a few hundred thousand dollars from a law firm that was hoping to sue vaccine manufacturers but needed some sort of scientific impetus to proceed. Wakefield was more than happy to cash out.

They get labeled because they engage in bad science and their "studies" get taken apart in short order.

Most of these people have been professionally discredited, have had their licenses yanked such as in the cases of Andrew Wakefield and Mark Geier for intentionally engaging in massive fraud, no different than the researcher from South Korea who falsified data in research on embryonic stem cells and was quickly outed when scientists from other countries could not replicate his results.
Wrong.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:20 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,556,721 times
Fundamental attribution error, the major problem with conspiracy theorists. Along with selective data reading.

Vaccines are one of the most wondrous discoveries in medicine. Along with antiseptic procedures & practices, and anesthetics. Of course now we know more about the immune system, and its memory, vaccines make perfect sense. None of this was known back in the 1700s, in Jenner's day, of course, but the brilliance of priming the body's own immune system to elicit it to do what it is already programmed to do ..... brilliant.

There are no vaccinations against conspiracy theorists and deliberate deniers however. They will be with us till the end of time. Part of the "rich tapestry" I suppose.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events