Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 09:07 PM

40,971 posts, read 49,295,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
He did act like a racist, though. He selectively enforced what was going on.

When groups of kids deemed "rowdy" were separated from the other kids, ONLY THE NON WHITE TEENS were arrested.

The video was filmed by a very brave white teen. He is on record saying that he felt "invisible" because he was white.

I personally believe that police work attracts a certain type of person.

There are studies that compare the volunteer armed forces and people who apply to be police officers.
There are socioeconomic similarities.
You have no clue. The Cop had already handcuffed a white girl.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:08 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,545,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
Based on the information that I've learned about McKinney, I certainly wouldn't want to purchase a home there. I enjoy being an active member of my community. I wouldn't want to live somewhere that didn't welcome me as an equal. Also, if I had children, I wouldn't want them to be targeted as "outsiders" and section 8 recipients, simply due to their color.

One bad apple means there are more festering apples...they just haven't been identified, but they are certainly in the barrel.

You posted a video of one black man who lives in the community, but based on the demographics, McKinney is close to 10% black. If the majority of the black voices who reside in McKinney believe there is a problem, I'm of the opinion, something is definitely wrong w/ race relations in the area.

Many of the black children who were accosted and harassed by the police, actually reside in the area. I think part of the issue is, many whites tend to believe that the majority of blacks occupy the lowest rung on the socioeconomic ladder. Perhaps you don't realize this, but there are a number of middle and upper income black families throughout the U.S.

Send them out here to the East Coast. College degrees, reputable jobs, houses, and wholesome black families in monumental groups throughout Maryland, DC, and Virginia. Maryland has the highest African-American degree holders in the country. This is also evident in many other parts of the United States. Thank GOD they no longer burn down our dominant areas of occupation in certain neighborhoods. I will never forget what they did to our Black Wall Street. We have to continuously teach them, and I for one will not continue to share my knowledge with them. Let them do the research for themselves, since they know so much about us!

Old 06-10-2015, 10:13 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,818,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The vast majority of posters defending or deflecting from the cop's actions are right wing card-carrying members of the George Zimmerman Fan Club. Sorry if this bothers you when I point out what they are.

Carry on, tough guy who's scared of girls in bikinis.
Keep pretending he pulled his gun on the girl.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:16 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,968,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
He did act like a racist, though. He selectively enforced what was going on.

When groups of kids deemed "rowdy" were separated from the other kids, ONLY THE NON WHITE TEENS were arrested.
There was only one arrest. The one person who was arrested was on MSNBC last night with his lawyer and said they are satisfied with Casebolt's resignation.

It's amazing that people who weren't even involved in this incident are the ones screaming for blood. It will interesting to hear the 911 calls if they are ever released.

By the way, maybe you don't know this, but Officer Casebolt had already put a White teenage girl in handcuffs before he grabbed the Black girl.

Last edited by justNancy; 06-10-2015 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: too tired of debating this issue. goodnight!

Old 06-11-2015, 04:15 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,437,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Where did I see he pulled his gun on the girl?

Lol @ "danger threat extreme". Send that pic and caption to a veteran of war. I'm sure they could use the laugh.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:48 AM

9,555 posts, read 9,871,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
It was a no-win situation for that officer. My initial thought was that the man in the blue shirt appeared to be reaching for something behind his back. To the officer, I can certainly see that as a threat with all that is going on at the moment.

If the man in the blue shirt did have a gun and used it, multiple people could have been shot or killed.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:37 AM

28,697 posts, read 18,857,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It was a no-win situation for that officer. My initial thought was that the man in the blue shirt appeared to be reaching for something behind his back. To the officer, I can certainly see that as a threat with all that is going on at the moment.

If the man in the blue shirt did have a gun and used it, multiple people could have been shot or killed.
The only "men" there were the police officer and the fat white guy. If I had been there, as a grown man with a daughter of my own, with 26 years of military behind me, I would not have stood by while a red-zoned grown man slung around a 14-year-old like a rag doll. Maybe I'd have first used my military command voice and ordered, "Corporal at ease"...maybe only that. But grown men don't sling around 14-year-old girls in my presence.

We asked the kids--several of us men from my church had lunch with some of them near Craig Ranch yesterday, and we had a church "house party" for a lot of them last night--why they were hanging around after the police got there.

"We had to wait for our mothers to pick us up."

That is the cruel, hateful irony here. You see these middle-class kids as "men" and "thugs"--when they're really middle-class Huxtable kids who have to wait for their mothers to pick them up.

McKinney is not Ferguson. McKinney is a middle-to-upper-middle class town surrounded by middle-to-upper-middle class towns.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 06-11-2015 at 06:11 AM..

Old 06-11-2015, 06:03 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

I thought there was an explainable rationale for Casebolt pulling his gun when blue shirt approached and took that stance. I can't find any explainable rationale for him chasing and manhandling bikini girl.

Anyway, he's gone and it's time to move on to lawsuits, racism, retraining cops, building trust, calls for healing, and a catchy slogan for what happened.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:20 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,841,085 times

Old 06-11-2015, 06:39 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The only "men" there were the police officer and the fat white guy. If I had been there, as a grown man with a daughter of my own, with 26 years of military behind me, I would not have stood by while a red-zoned grown man slung around a 14-year-old like a rag doll. Maybe I'd have first used my military command voice and ordered, "Corporal at ease"...maybe only that. But grown men don't sling around 14-year-old girls in my presence.

We asked the kids--several of us men from my church had lunch with some of them near Craig Ranch yesterday, and we had a church "house party" for a lot of them last night--why they were hanging around after the police got there.

"We had to wait for our mothers to pick us up."

That is the cruel, hateful irony here. You see these middle-class kids as "men" and "thugs"--when they're really middle-class Huxtable kids who have to wait for their mothers to pick them up.

McKinney is not Ferguson. McKinney is a middle-to-upper-middle class town surrounded by middle-to-upper-middle class towns.
Amen and amen.

We are talking about CHILDREN here. All one has to do is listen to their voices on the videos. These kids were not "thugs" and McKinney is not a ghetto town.

I was shocked by the images of that police officer throwing that child around and then kneeling on her back with his knees for what seemed like an interminable amount of time. It broke my heart to hear that child crying for her mother.

Some people need to substitute the image of her with an image of their own daughter, or sister, or best friend in middle school, or niece, or granddaughter on a hot summer day at the local pool, and then ask themselves if they're still comfortable with what went down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events