Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 09:05 AM

79 posts, read 53,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Oh it matters.

Even though he's a moron, you never hear of men committing acts of felony for the affections of a 77 year old woman. And likewise, you dont hear of women committing felonies for the affections of a 77 year old man.
We live in a society that relentlessly tells men that family life is a boring sexless trap and that all men of any age are expected to hate their families and chase sex with young girls. This guy just put his money where his mouth is. This is what you get when you tell men that chasing sex is most important. He could have given the mother full custody, but that's not what he wanted. He wanted boring, non-sexy mom and kid to be "out of the picture" so he could pretend they never existed and start over with Miss PYT (who had apparently already moved on).

The part of this story that actually made me cry was that they said the child was found in a muddy area with clean socks meaning the father carried him to his death. No words. Poor kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 10:20 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
You obviously haven't been to prison or been in awhile.. That rarely happens because far too many are willing to give it up in prison these days for many reasons .
This isn't universally true according to a couple of prison guard friends of mine. I'm sure there are more prison "relationships" these days than there were years ago, but prison rape is still an almost daily occurrence.

I disagree that the selection of a victim has anything to do with the crime he was convicted of, though. Mostly they just like the young, fresh-faced guys.

Last edited by duster1979; 01-15-2016 at 10:31 AM..

Old 01-15-2016, 10:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
What the HELL???!!! God forbid that if my wife and I EVER divorce (which is highly unlikely) that I would let some other woman come between myself and my son! OH HELL NO!!!

This dude is a POS!!!

Old 01-15-2016, 10:45 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Rose View Post
We live in a society that relentlessly tells men that family life is a boring sexless trap and that all men of any age are expected to hate their families and chase sex with young girls. This guy just put his money where his mouth is. This is what you get when you tell men that chasing sex is most important. He could have given the mother full custody, but that's not what he wanted. He wanted boring, non-sexy mom and kid to be "out of the picture" so he could pretend they never existed and start over with Miss PYT (who had apparently already moved on).

The part of this story that actually made me cry was that they said the child was found in a muddy area with clean socks meaning the father carried him to his death. No words. Poor kid.
I don't think this is the case here. This 22 year old man didn't just want sex, he was (or thought he was) in love with this girl...it was terror that he was losing her that led him to do this. The night he killled the child he was in a jealous rage thinking she was with another guy at her college. He was only 19 when he had the child, and was most likely not a mature and responsible person then, either. This is a reprehensible crime committed by a young man who had a baby he wasn't ready for, was too insecure to handle having a 17 year old gf who was away at college, needed her or felt he needed her too much, and he did a horrible, awful, unspeakable thing in a moment of crazed, desperate thinking. He needs to be punished severely, but IMO this has nothing to do with sex nor to the messages society sends or doesn't send to men. The wife was young, too, early 20's, this wasn't older man chases young girl scenario, they are all young in this story.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:52 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
You obviously haven't been to prison or been in awhile.. That rarely happens because far too many are willing to give it up in prison these days for many reasons .

People today have lost their minds. I am a real lefty but people like this need to be put down .
You're right, I haven't... ever. And don't intend to either. Just going by what I've always heard.

Still don't think he'll live long in prison unless they segregate him from the general population.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:59 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This is one of the biggest fables, usually spread by chicken-hearted jurors who failed to vote in favor of the death penalty in capital cases.

Prisons are littered with the dregs of humanity who killed infants and children (theirs or other people's), many of whom were sexually assaulted before being brutally murdered, and these rotten things are gettin' fat and sassy behind bars, at taxpayer expense. Give me a break.
Ok, then just call wishful thinking on my part. And for the record, I would have no problem voting for the death penalty, especially in this case.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:48 PM

639 posts, read 579,315 times
Has to be Florida.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:51 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,108 times
There have been more than a few cases where "Mom" has killed her children because her new boyfriend didn't want children ... Your new whatever doesn't want children? FINE, give full custody to the other parent and go away.

This guy should rot in a little cage until his last breath.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:48 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
Has to be Florida.
Nope, fortunately not here in my state. It was in NJ.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:16 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,256,469 times
I live in southern NJ and this has been a big story since the child was found dead. Just wanted to make it clear that the case against the guy is entirely circumstantial at the moment. IMO, the prosecutor has her work cut out for her to prove the case and convince a jury to convict. If he did it, there are just no words... Reminds me of the Susan Smith case years ago. Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events