Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 05:29 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,074 times

Advertisements

^^Completely agree with the above. This is the age of instant accountability, whether it's a rude server or a police officer doing something they shouldn't, and being recorded. There is nothing wrong with the guy using social media as a vehicle to publicize his displeasure at being referred to as "Fatty". It's bad for the restaurant because the negative publicity might decrease patronage, but that's the price of employing a d*ck as a server.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 07:31 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Whilst these things are indeed inappropriate and rude, just why do they have to be made into news stories?
i think the news-worthy part of it is that the owner fired the employee, his own son, and that he also forbade him from coming onto the property. Good for him. I find that uplifting and inspirational.

when my son was 3 years old at McDonald's he said "she's fat" about the lady taking our order at the window, and i explained to him that hurt her feelings, and he was required (by me, his mom) to go up to the lady and apologize. He did (with tears in his eyes), and it did not happen again. When his younger brothers came along he instructed them NEVER to call anyone fat because it hurts their feelings and he would make them go apologize if he ever caught them doing that. It worked, because his brothers respected his (5-years-old, adored big brother) life experience and wisdom.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:43 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
"most popular" doesnt necessarily equal "most correct" and anyone who has ever used social media knows that posting something is a passive aggressive method for organizing a protest.
What's the difference if the posting is on FB or a bad review on Yelp?

The old Faberge shampoo commercial from the 80s is a harbinger of things to come:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcskckuosxQ

"I'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and so on, and so on ... "

Old 06-27-2016, 08:00 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
"Fatso" was once a common nickname for overweight people. I recall seeing at least two restaurants named "Fatso's." Remember Ernestt Borgnine in From Here to Eternity? He was nowhere near as fat as the specimen being discussed here. People were once more honest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Here_to_Eternity
He was a military guy. Not a customer of a restaurant. Paying MONEY to be insulted. Do you walk around calling strangers you deal with "Fatty"?

Old 06-27-2016, 08:12 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
He was a military guy. Not a customer of a restaurant. Paying MONEY to be insulted. Do you walk around calling strangers you deal with "Fatty"?
No, I've always preferred ''Fatso.''

Old 06-27-2016, 08:17 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,845,122 times
Fat people should be shamed. You want to know why health insurance costs are skyrocketing? Morbid obesity and all of the associated health problems.

Want to stop being fat? Get your rear end off the couch, hit the treadmill or jog everyday, and actually eat healthy foods (grilled chicken and fish, fresh vegetables, steamed rice) instead of cramming fried and sugary garbage down your throat.

Eat at a Chinese buffet with some people you know who are fat and watch what they put on their plates. I guarantee at least 80% of it is fried and they aren't eating any vegetables. Instead, they eat the cakes and ice cream.

What most people don't realize is that it isn't the quantity of food that makes most people obese, but the quality.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:22 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
I don't want my thread shut down because of mean insults towards people that have a weight issue. Please stay on topic. Thank you! The fact is the man and his son apologized and the victim refused to accept it, which is not being emotionally intelligent.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:58 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Fat people should be shamed. You want to know why health insurance costs are skyrocketing? Morbid obesity and all of the associated health problems.

Want to stop being fat? Get your rear end off the couch, hit the treadmill or jog everyday, and actually eat healthy foods (grilled chicken and fish, fresh vegetables, steamed rice) instead of cramming fried and sugary garbage down your throat.

Eat at a Chinese buffet with some people you know who are fat and watch what they put on their plates. I guarantee at least 80% of it is fried and they aren't eating any vegetables. Instead, they eat the cakes and ice cream.

What most people don't realize is that it isn't the quantity of food that makes most people obese, but the quality.
Rice is one if the most unhealthy things you can consume. Since you are the dietary expert, I thought you'd like to know that.

Diabetics are strongly cautioned not to eat it because it shoots blood sugar through the roof and then results in a crash. This is why the old jokes about being hungry again an hour after eating Chinese food are actually based in fact.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:15 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,845,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Rice is one if the most unhealthy things you can consume.
Then why are most Orientals thin?

Old 06-27-2016, 09:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Then why are most Orientals thin?
Orientals?

SMH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events