Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,027 times

Advertisements

I am a newbi but have been reading all your posts for awhile. What great information! Thank you so much. I do not mean to intrude on your conversation but I visited central Delaware for the last several months. I went to Roesville and Champions Club and they are great but not for me. I also visited Spring Meadow and Longacre Village. I have not heard much about Spring Meadow on this board but it seems they are selling very well. I stopped by Memorial Day and met many of the great homeowners. They all seem to be very happy. Also, being from NJ I heard K.Hovnanian has a new community in Longacre Village. I have a K.Hovnanian Home and my experiance has been very good. Everyone wants out of NJ b/c of the high taxes - its insane. I will be visiting again this weekend and if anyone has any experience with either Spring Meadow or Longacre Village please let me know. Thank you so much and you all are great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 07:01 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Hi Susie c.....I would love to stop and see your house.......Forget your email address so if you still have mine.......send me a quick note.

Susie C and CWTR......This phase of your life is exhausting and you probably think it will never end..but it is also exciting and a load of fun.......
I think it was the excitment that carried us through all the unpacking and organizing...what goes where???LOL
It does end and now we feel like we'ved lived here forever.......been 3 years.

FYI.....55+ers.......Sm is having a grand re opening on Sat with pulled pork sandwiches, pedicures, manicures, massages and games.
Sounds like fun and it's opened to everyone.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:12 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil1955 View Post
I do not mean to intrude on your conversation but I visited central Delaware for the last several months.
Gil - you have not intruded on the conversation. You've just joined it. Welcome aboard. This thread is filled with lots of information and wonderful people who share a great deal about finding their place within the 55+ communities of Delaware. We look forward to your opinions and thoughts as you progress toward choosing your new home.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Hi gil.....sorry I forgot....

Welcome to this thread and never feel like you are intruding. As charley said.......we are all looking forward to you progress and opinions.

Longacres isn't far from me and I see how the homes are going up. Don't believe they have a clubhouse as of yet.
Amazing they have 3 types of homes in that community. Singles, Twins and carrigae houses.
Also there is a sign where you get so many months free utiily. Forget if it's 3 or 6 months or more.....not sure.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:21 AM

There is some great information in the 2010 Delaware Data Book

http://dedo.delaware.gov/pdfs/databook/Databook.pdf (broken link)

I learned something new this morning. I always knew there was a personal tax exemption for those over 65 for pensions up to $12,500. What I didn't know until reading it in the Data Book was that this exemption includes pensions AND dividends, interest income and qualified retirement plans, which include 401-K's and IRA's!

There's always something new to learn around here!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:42 AM

699 posts, read 2,895,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
There is some great information in the 2010 Delaware Data Book

http://dedo.delaware.gov/pdfs/databook/Databook.pdf (broken link)

I learned something new this morning. I always knew there was a personal tax exemption for those over 65 for pensions up to $12,500. What I didn't know until reading it in the Data Book was that this exemption includes pensions AND dividends, interest income and qualified retirement plans, which include 401-K's and IRA's!

There's always something new to learn around here!
As usual Charley, you give us very useful information. WOW can't afford NOT to retire in DE...

Old 06-15-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
for those over 65
Thanks FromPA. I have to correct what I wrote. It's age 60! (Even better )

Old 06-15-2010, 11:14 AM
RWH

145 posts, read 87,670 times
Gil1955; I posted this information in February 2008 after visiting Longacre. I'm sure some things have changed since my last visit there but this should give you an idea, anyway.

I have packets of information on Longacre Village which I have read through and will try to explain as best I can. Longacre is divided into 6 segments.

The Villages are 41 homesites closest to Rt 13. These homes are being built by Harrington Development.

The Commons - Duplexes are 18 homes being built by Layton Construction and are further back and to the left of the Villages.

The Commons - Townhomes are 46 units being built by Garrison Homes and sit between the Villages and the Commons - Duplexes.

The Woods are the furthest back and looks to be the largest segment with 76 sites. The builder is Layton.

The Townes - Townhomes are 35 units being built by Blue Ridge Builders.

Multi Family Units is one building with 84 units. The builder is Harrington Development Company. From the looks of the picture, these appear to be condominiums.

The homes being built by Layton and Harrington vary in size from 1436 sq. ft. to 3324 sq. ft. and the prices range $241k to $380k. From what I was told, Layton will custom build their homes based on the existing 10 floor plans available. I don't know the extent of how much custom work can be done since I did not speak directly to the builder.

There is a strip mall as part of the overall complex. The tenants are: Nino's Italian Resturant, Day spa, Liquor store, Real Estate Office. Tentative businesses are Verizon, Dry cleaners, Walk-in Medical, Chinese Resturant, Convenience store, Animal Hospital, Chiropractor.

Homeowner's Association Fees is estimated at $160 per unit. This covers all grass cutting, snow removal on roads, driveways and sidewalks up to the door. also included are membership to the clubhouse and pool, common area maintenance, staffing of the clubhouse and pool, pond management and common area insurance.

Hey there Charley, fromPa and Elizamary. You can be sure if we ever get to Delaware again we will planning on a get together with y'all again.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:24 AM

144 posts, read 361,038 times
Quote:
Thanks FromPA. I have to correct what I wrote. It's age 60! (Even better )

Yeah....great news..thanks for letting us know this info!!!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 AM

144 posts, read 361,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil1955 View Post
I am a newbi but have been reading all your posts for awhile. What great information! Thank you so much. I do not mean to intrude on your conversation but I visited central Delaware for the last several months. I went to Roesville and Champions Club and they are great but not for me. I also visited Spring Meadow and Longacre Village. I have not heard much about Spring Meadow on this board but it seems they are selling very well. I stopped by Memorial Day and met many of the great homeowners. They all seem to be very happy. Also, being from NJ I heard K.Hovnanian has a new community in Longacre Village. I have a K.Hovnanian Home and my experiance has been very good. Everyone wants out of NJ b/c of the high taxes - its insane. I will be visiting again this weekend and if anyone has any experience with either Spring Meadow or Longacre Village please let me know. Thank you so much and you all are great.

Hi Gil and Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware