Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpettyjohn View Post
I found a copy on line, I'm afraid to post a link, but if someone is interested, give me an email and I will send a copy. I bought the book and have hunted like crazy for this thing. I'm going to do my best not to lose it again.
Linda

i would like to have a copy of this is possible. i don't know for sure if it's what i'm looking for, but anything would help. i use to have a small quick start book , it didn't have recipes, it gave breakfast choices, lunch, dinner andsnack choices. it was a little paper back, maybe about 7/8 in long and about 4/5 in. wide, and had a yellow cover with something on the front. I loved it as it gave you the menu's and you just picked what you wanted for that day for that meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 05:50 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi2007 View Post
Is there anyone out there who could possibly private message me a copy of the old, original Weight Watchers Plan circa 1966 - 1973. It was a simple little plan in a slim, pink and white pamphet, only a few pages long. I kept mine for years, but must have thrown it out when we moved several years ago. If no one can send me a copy, maybe those of us who remember it can put our heads together to recreate it. I remember that you had to drink 64 ounces of water a day, and there was a list of free foods that you could have as much of as you wanted, like celery and lettuce. I can't remember how many servings of fruit you were supposed to have, nor exactly how many ounces of protein, but someone told me that thought it was 12.Mostly I remember that it was easy, and everybody I knew who tried it lost weight.

Thanks.

Mimi
Hi Mimi: I have been a weight watcher on and off for over 40 years, mostly off or I wouldn't be back on the program right now for sure! I have lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks on the new program and it is lots easier than the older one you speak of. One thing...I never recall them asking us to drink 64 ounces of water a day back then??? I believe that is a bit too much water.

Some of the things back then have been changed drastically and they have been changed for a reason. Before you go on the old plan, I suggest you look into the new plan. I know ALL the plans, trust me and this one is by far the best and easy to follow. The meeting structure is identical with more modern weighing in standards..more private, better scales that are tied into computers, etc. Also, you can buy some of their products at the facility and the lecturing is the same...useful and fun.

Good luck with your weight loss. I have had great support from fellow posters on here and that has also been an integral part of my losing 12 pounds in a month.

Conn. Pam

Old 08-17-2009, 05:54 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan hook View Post
Hi,
Could you send me the WW plan from the 80's. Nothing else seems to work for me!! I need the breads/fats/proteins restrictions from that old diet as well as anything else you can provide.
hookster@mfx.net
Have you tried the newest WW plan? It will teach you how to have just about everything you want and still lose weight. How you handle what you are allowed to have on this plan is left more up to you than it ever was before. Know what...it IS totally YOUR choices that count and should have been that way for the 40 plus years WW has been around.

This diet is constantly monitored by doctors and nutritionists and the changes are put in place to make it work better for more people while still giving people the opportunity to make those choices for themselves and do so properly.

Give it a try...it works...I have 12 pounds off in a month so far and love the program.

Conn, Pam....Good Luck

Old 08-26-2009, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 10,775 times
Default I too need help

It seems like it has been a long time since anyone has posted but if anyone can pass the old WW program to me. I was really successful and WW told me they don't have it any longer I stink at the points and I have been unable to locate the cookbook. Any help would be appreciated

Old 08-27-2009, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,252 times
Default old weight watcher plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyiis View Post
Was surprised to see several other people looking for the Weight Watchers original diet. I have been racking my brain trying to remember how much fat, how much protien and how much bread. I have been a Weight Watchers member in the past, but the original was the most simple. If anybody can help me with find it, I would sure appreciate it. Feel free to e-mail me with any information. Thank You, Blinkyiis
I also liked the old plan. It taught ya alot better about eating properly

Old 09-09-2009, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,630 times
Default Original weight watchers diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrie127 View Post
Hi, I did the old original WW diet in 1972, I still have the information. You can email me. It was easier to follow but ridigid. I am one who hates doing journals and counting. But even on the old one You had to do a journal. Aftr all these years I am now again needing to loose. Now need to to get with it. It is now a health reason.

Can you please e-mail me and let me know what the original ww diet plan consists of? It really worked for me back then. The present WW diet is too confusing and time consuming. My e-mail is igm8376@att.net. Thanks so much.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpettyjohn View Post
I found a copy on line, I'm afraid to post a link, but if someone is interested, give me an email and I will send a copy. I bought the book and have hunted like crazy for this thing. I'm going to do my best not to lose it again.
Linda
I would love a copy of the old Weight Watcher's plan. I, too, have a problem when there are too many choices. Please email me a copy. Thanks.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:43 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile The original WW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi2007 View Post
Thank you Kris. Since I posted, I was able to obtain a copy of the original Weight Watchers Cookbook (1966) which includes the original Weight Watchers plan. After reviewing the plan, I decided I wasn't quite ready to tackle yet another "diet" so I have continued my own plan of eliminating sugar and eating smaller portions. I gave up fried foods years ago so there was nothing to cut back in this area. My weight loss is slow but steady -- I've been losing between 1/4 - 1 pound per week for a total of 7 pounds since I first posted. I have quite a bit going on in my life right now, so am not ready to follow the stricter discipline of a "diet." As soon as things settle down (hopefully after the holidays) I plan to try the original WW diet for a couple of months and see if I can boost my weight loss to 1 - 1-1/2 pounds per week.
My husband was on this from when he was a soph in high school to senior year - he lost 75 pounds and has kept it off. He saves everything. We do the points now from time to time.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,104 times
Thanks so much for the diet plan. I too, have looked all over for this and have not been able to find it. I had her book in the 70's and lost a lot of weight. I have tried their new "point system" and I hate it. I'm sure a lot of people are thankful for this. GiGi

Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,084 times
Hi my name is Connie and my husband want to do the original WW diet plan. Im having a problem finding the diet. Could you please send a link where you found this. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss