Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:22 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,172,745 times

Advertisements

Before you breed your dog ask your self who is going to buy them and why?

Do you have buyers lined up before they are born or are you going to wait until they are 8wk old to find buyers?

How are you going to advertise them?
What do you know about whelping pups?
Are you going to risk letting nature taking it's course with your investment/business or are you going to mitigate any issues.

I just got done taking the temp of a pregnant Bit*h
It's down to 99.5, it won't be long now. 24-48hr
(it could just bounce up and down for a day or 2 also.)
I'm thinking Sunday or Monday.
I have buyers in place already for 6 of them.

We do not kept her in a cage, she is laying on the couch right next to me.

foxywench, hit the nail on the head.
Most of us breed to feed our egos and the betterment and love for the breed. Not to make money.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
I smell a troll.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:42 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
NOPE! Not a troll... They been a member since Nov 2010

Old 12-30-2011, 02:26 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I think it would have been more appropriate in either work/employment as it was originally or business. The mods were not thinking in the best interest of the OP here.
Maybe they were thinking in the best interests of the dogs who the OP was intending to warehouse like they were video games. The profitability is questionable, the quality of product he would be producing is poor, and the moral and ethical implications of treating dogs, who were bred to seek human companionship, like that is horrible.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:36 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
NOPE! Not a troll... They been a member since Nov 2010
This prevents them from being a troll how?

I have not looked at their posting history so I know nothing more than this thread.

You have to admit buying a bunch of dogs and start a breeding business with NO knowledge of the breed, breeding, legal requirements, etc. does sound strange.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:52 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,862,283 times
if this had been put in the pet forum on purpose id say troll...but it was moved here by mods which makes me think this is yet another person whos sen the price of pure bred dogs online and in pet stores and thought "hey i can do that its easy and i could make a fortune"
many BYB's and millers get started the same way...
the good news is most BYBS who get into this because of money quickly realize its not working and drop out (most back yarders that continue in this "feild" tend to e clueless people who "love puppies" or "fluffy is such a great dog i want t share her with the world" or are hoarders, ect...) bybs who get in for the money dont stay long.

the only ones that make money...are the mills.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:25 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
if this had been put in the pet forum on purpose id say troll...but it was moved here by mods which makes me think this is yet another person whos seen the price of pure bred dogs online and in pet stores and thought "hey i can do that its easy and i could make a fortune"

Even when taken as a business venture people that know will tell them there isn't big money in it long term, honest breeders do it because they like the breed.

You may see the $600+ price tag at Those dogs are so cute(fictitious) in the mall but that isn't close to what the supplier was paid.

There are diseases that can kill off an entire batch of dogs, or make them unsellable.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:01 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,862,283 times
you are absolutly correct...(i know exactly how much pet stores pay for the puppies they get as ive worked in them for investigative purposes)

BUT unfortunatly most people DONT know this...

Old 12-30-2011, 09:55 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
This prevents them from being a troll how?

I have not looked at their posting history so I know nothing more than this thread.

You have to admit buying a bunch of dogs and start a breeding business with NO knowledge of the breed, breeding, legal requirements, etc. does sound strange.
I think he is a member that Not per sa a animal lover. Hes looking for away to make a living. The adv Joe on the street Still supports puppy mills Simply cause even in this day in age they have no Real Clue where that Cute Pet Shop puppy came from ... That Moms are Over breed kept in crate 24/7 & come from back grounds where there are conginal defects! Pups are taken from moms at 4 weeks & shipped in bulk to people that ship them again to the pet shops & in crates at pet shops at 7-8 weeks old! All they see is the puppy!

Like city kids that Dont have a clue that Milk come from Cows! All they see is the gal of milk in the stores!

I think hes got some great Business advice & Also Humane advice! On this thread...as will others that think this is the way to earn a living!

Old 12-31-2011, 02:24 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
He just wants to be a puppy pimp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs