Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 08:24 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oo9 View Post
You could be dishonestly overestimating your own ability to pay next month rent. That'd be a big problem for yourself. Cruise missiles, nuclear warheads, China ...?
I am doing everything in my power to fix my issues, I don’t worry about issues outside of my control (such as an employer wanting to give me an interview or extending an offer). My lord Jesus will decide what happens and if my work continues or not and how things play out.

I do my part (apply for jobs I am qualified for), take courses and work on certs etc and don’t worry about what is out of my control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 08:35 PM

1,087 posts, read 782,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I am doing everything in my power to fix my issues, I don’t worry about issues outside of my control (such as an employer wanting to give me an interview or extending an offer). My lord Jesus will decide what happens and if my work continues or not and how things play out.

I do my part (apply for jobs I am qualified for), take courses and work on certs etc and don’t worry about what is out of my control.
Good, the key thing to remember is voting for Trump isn't going to bring back white privileges. Mexicans don't complain a lot because they don't expect much; blacks don't complain because they just go get their entitlements.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:41 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Quote:
Not if we have WW3
Yes, we have enough nukes and capabilities to wipe them out in a preemptive strike. MAGA.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:19 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Yes, we have enough nukes and capabilities to wipe them out in a preemptive strike. MAGA.
Right... we're going to just crush China while we are still middling around in Iraq and Afghanistan which has been going on 15 years now.

Let's try actually using some common sense instead of insane troll logic.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You wouldn't know it by reading the anti_trump coverage, but China is bankrupt. So much so that it can't withstand a trade war. Don't fall for the bravado.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/24/trad...hoo&yptr=yahoo
Right... this is the same guy who wrote this piece earlier weeks earlier:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/chin...trade-war.html

Old 04-26-2018, 02:20 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Right... we're going to just crush China while we are still middling around in Iraq and Afghanistan which has been going on 15 years now.

Let's try actually using some common sense instead of insane troll logic.
Like I said a 100% embargo would also do the trick, repair relations with Russia and have the Russians cut them off from any arms and build up defenses in Tiawan. Isolate them and colapse their economy, they are not our friends I dont know why we treat them like they are.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:30 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,432,537 times
Quote:
Like I said a 100% embargo would also do the trick, repair relations with Russia and have the Russians cut them off from any arms and build up defenses in Tiawan. Isolate them and colapse their economy, they are not our friends I dont know why we treat them like they are.
You mean like the embargo on Japanese oil and gasoline in August of 1941? Sometimes that leads to “unprovoked” attacks. Economic war quickly turns to real wars.

And it’s funny you say China isn’t our friend, but then you think we should have closer ties with Russia? Russia is far from a friend if you hadn’t noticed. And they have good relations with China to balance out the United States power. Why would they join us to take down our greatest competitive rival?

China isn’t an enemy. They’re a strong competitor. There’s a difference. Competition should bring the best out of Americans.

The biggest criticism I hear, is they steal IP. Do you think China is the only country that takes other countries ideas? Do a little research on the tizard mission (“the most valuable cargo to ever reach American shores”) and operation paper clip.

Last edited by Thatsright19; 04-26-2018 at 08:01 AM..

Old 04-26-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Russia isn't our friend either. Like I said if people want someone to blame, blame the companies who decided to deal with China in the first place. They knew how China's government operates and they still decided to get in to their market. We wouldn't be talking about this if they weren't so greedy.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:45 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,444,467 times
Quote:
The one who would be isolated is us.
Countries wouldn't want to deal with us, we would not be trustworthy.
In addition we are not capable of doing what you want us to do without great cost to ourselves.
People would be angry both here and abroad, and we would find ourselves unsupported.
Russia wouldn't be our friend, they would relish seeing us in the fight while undermining and exploiting wherever they could to their own advantage, and I wouldn't blame them.

People and nations aren't at our beck and call. They have their own goals to advance themselves. Trying to advance yourself through aggressive acts/war, is not acceptable in the world community. Working hardest/smartest is.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
The one who would be isolated is us.
Countries wouldn't want to deal with us, we would not be trustworthy.
In addition we are not capable of doing what you want us to do without great cost to ourselves.
People would be angry both here and abroad, and we would find ourselves unsupported.
Russia wouldn't be our friend, they would relish seeing us in the fight while undermining and exploiting wherever they could to their own advantage, and I wouldn't blame them.

People and nations aren't at our beck and call. They have their own goals to advance themselves. Trying to advance yourself through aggressive acts/war, is not acceptable in the world community. Working hardest/smartest is.
That's the unintended consequence of extreme nationalism. We can preach "America first". But then why shouldn't China preach "China first" or Russia preach "Russia first"? In situations like this when you need support it becomes harder to rally allies to your cause when you've alienated them. I mean they are sovereign nations just like us so.

Of course the more extreme factions of us will think we should just go to war with everyone else until they submit to us because might makes right! MAGA!

Never mind the fact that we haven't even been able to control the ME despite our almost continual military presence there. And just imagine how much a never ending war with the rest of the world would add to our already bloated deficit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics