Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2018, 06:18 PM

2,747 posts, read 1,782,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
1. Freedom is a global issue

2. Maybe you are, but due to economic control, many aren’t

The only sustainable model is one where egalitarian and cooperative aid are the basis of economic development, not personal profit for a few.

Many did fine during the monarchies in Europe and weren’t slave, but there model wasn’t sustainable. Conversely today having a corporate system where decentralized authoritarian forces push for lower wages in Hati to build goods for American consumers who are manipulated by mass marketing, excess production, and state intervention is not only antithetical to free values, but also destructive to the environment and will lead to less freedom for workers domestically.

Suggesting a better system that is being tried on a large scale all ready to improve the current should be considered openly, but the current practicing powers don’t want to give that power up.
There’s no evidence the current system doesn’t work so another system isn’t necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 07:06 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
There’s no evidence the current system doesn’t work so another system isn’t necessary.
The current system is not sustainable, and for many people across the world, it is not working. The Davos elite may like it but the low wage Central Americans certainly don’t. And like I said, it’s not sustainable for the globe in the long term and it is not the best system available.

Finding ways to build a freer voluntary society that can give more people a say in their society and not leave massive wealth inequalities is natural.

Besides no system is permanent, they all age and fail over time, it is one of the great teachings of the Buddhist, temporal existence.

Look for a better system to improve humanity and the nature around us isoy natural. If other thought during the feudal era this is fine, the enlightenment would never be reached.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
The current system is not sustainable, and for many people across the world, it is not working. The Davos elite may like it but the low wage Central Americans certainly don’t. And like I said, it’s not sustainable for the globe in the long term and it is not the best system available.

Finding ways to build a freer voluntary society that can give more people a say in their society and not leave massive wealth inequalities is natural.

Besides no system is permanent, they all age and fail over time, it is one of the great teachings of the Buddhist, temporal existence.

Look for a better system to improve humanity and the nature around us isoy natural. If other thought during the feudal era this is fine, the enlightenment would never be reached.
You’re offering opinion as fact. It isn’t.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
You’re offering opinion as fact. It isn’t.
Then it is something you debate, it is not something that you right off since capitalism is great.

Capitalism has many serious flaws, and the system is deteriorating over time. Excess wealth is being further concentrated into the hands of a few, externalities are causing unneeded environmental damage, and capital that could be used to and feed the hungry is being thrown away. War and imperialism too are kept afloat by predatory capitalism.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:32 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,431,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Got any links to world powers in the last 300 years running such a system?
So, Winterfall, do you have any proof of your grand ideas working on planet Earth for a country that matters?

Old 10-13-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Then it is something you debate, it is not something that you right off since capitalism is great.

Capitalism has many serious flaws, and the system is deteriorating over time. Excess wealth is being further concentrated into the hands of a few, externalities are causing unneeded environmental damage, and capital that could be used to and feed the hungry is being thrown away. War and imperialism too are kept afloat by predatory capitalism.
In my opinion you’re wrong. Capitalism is evolving but is still the best model that exists. Successful people who are productive are accumulating wealth. Environmental issues and hunger issues aren’t byproducts of capitalism since the same issues exist across all economies.

Also in my opinion, your thoughts may be taken more seriously if you learned proper grammar and spelling. Many will say that’s petty but anecdotally I’ve heard that bad grammar and spelling discredits a writer.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
In my opinion you’re wrong. Capitalism is evolving but is still the best model that exists. Successful people who are productive are accumulating wealth. Environmental issues and hunger issues aren’t byproducts of capitalism since the same issues exist across all economies.

Also in my opinion, your thoughts may be taken more seriously if you learned proper grammar and spelling. Many will say that’s petty but anecdotally I’ve heard that bad grammar and spelling discredits a writer.
1. There is no evidence to suggest the richest are the most productive, if anything, the opposite is true. People who manage capital distribute an unfair percentage to themselves (as is natural if you give someone that power and they are not accountable to anyone). As for externalities, these issues are growing and are directly correlated with production capacity. When towns and communities all over the world avoid capitalism like in cooperatives or in anarchist communities, they are able to provide for everyone with far less resources. That is an inherent flaw with capitalism that isn't going away; one of many.

2. I type mainly on my phone and don't spell check anything. If I was writing a college essay, it would be different. Typos can happen often.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
1. There is no evidence to suggest the richest are the most productive, if anything, the opposite is true. People who manage capital distribute an unfair percentage to themselves (as is natural if you give someone that power and they are not accountable to anyone). As for externalities, these issues are growing and are directly correlated with production capacity. When towns and communities all over the world avoid capitalism like in cooperatives or in anarchist communities, they are able to provide for everyone with far less resources. That is an inherent flaw with capitalism that isn't going away; one of many.

2. I type mainly on my phone and don't spell check anything. If I was writing a college essay, it would be different. Typos can happen often.
1. Your opinion

2. Excuses, I type on a phone as well. If you care about what you’re saying you make sure you’re saying it properly.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
1. Your opinion

2. Excuses, I type on a phone as well. If you care about what you’re saying you make sure you’re saying it properly.
1. Backed by many cited facts and examples

2. Were there any grammatical errors in the post you were responding to?

Also, my longer posts are clear despite *some typos

Old 10-13-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
1. Backed by many cited facts and examples

2. Were there any grammatical errors in the post you were responding to?

Also, my longer posts are clear despite *some typos
At this point I’ll just “right you off” as another unemployed liberal arts graduate who thinks they can cure the world’s perceived problems by redistributing the wealth of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics