Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 06:24 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,630,254 times

Advertisements

I remember in high school a friend and I just before getting no the bus to bring us home he had a string of ladyfinger fire crackers and we lit them and threw them into the senior lounge and then high-tailed it to the bus. As we were pulling away with the bus windows open we could hear the echoing "pop..pop,pop,pop,pop......"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 02:06 PM

715 posts, read 791,071 times
going to the shop at lunch time/

Old 10-10-2014, 02:47 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,706,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
please tell us you left out a word.
lol

Old 10-10-2014, 03:22 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,892,688 times
In grade school we'd go outside for the first part of the lunch period, which was an hour, but we'd only get 20 minutes in the cafeteria to eat. The cafeteria was small, so they had to rotate us through in three groups according to grade. I could never gulp down a lunch in 20 minutes (I'm still a slow eater). So I would eat part of my lunch out on the playground, and then finish it in the cafeteria. But there was a strict rule that we weren't allowed to eat on the playground. I got caught once and got a detention. I was so upset at the injustice of it. It still kind of bothers me today, now that I think about it.

I was the kind of kid who never got into trouble. The rule about eating on the playground was in place so no one would litter on the playground. But I didn't litter; I just ate. I did it discreetly and put any trash back into my lunch bag to throw away in the cafeteria. If the rule was about littering, they should have made it about littering instead of forbidding eating. I remember tearfully trying to explain that the principal, and how he just couldn't give me a logical answer as to why what I did was "wrong." He liked me, and I'm sure he felt bad--of course he had to punish everyone fairly whether he liked them or not, but even he seemed to see that the rule made no sense. I was convinced this would be on my "permanent record."

Old 10-10-2014, 03:49 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
I had cooking class and supposed to learn how to make a schnitzel with bread crumbs. I breaded it with sand. Looked the same.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:39 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,021 times
Teaching classmates bad words in sign language. When questioned by a teacher, my answer was it wasn't me

Old 10-10-2014, 04:50 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,687,647 times
I like questions like this.

I had er, problems at school, so quite a few. I remember tearing up a work sheet in class once. The teacher kept me back at lunch, with a roll of sellotape to stick it back together again.

One time in maths class both of the boys next to me, on my left and my right, got hold of two of the legs of my chair each and lifted my chair on top of the desk. The teacher didn't notice. He didn't last very long in that school.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:44 PM

835 posts, read 475,737 times
I used to throw away my homework assignments in first grade, so I never had to do them. For some reason, the teacher didn’t check any homework the next day, so I managed to get away with it for that whole year.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:35 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,044,278 times
In 8th grade, I was chasing a girl in the cafeteria. She was a tease and we had flirted with me in the past, but even as an 8th grader who didn't always pick up on social hints, it was obvious that she was not seriously interested in me. While chasing her, another girl pushed her out of the way to keep her away from me, and accidently knocked her down and broke her nose. She was never mad at me for chasing her, nor was she ever mad at the girl who broke her nose. She said that her parents were proud to hear that guys were chasing their daughter. I suspect that nowadays I'd be in trouble for sexual harassment, and the other girl would be in trouble for assault.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:29 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
looking back at your school days , what is the worst thing you did , what do you regret about your school days basically?

for me getting sent to the head teachers office for pointing at someone.

Made an unsafe safe space and created two finsta accounts. *2019 "back in the day" answer 30 years from now*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education