Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 12:14 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
"in·cred·i·ble

adjective:

1. so extraordinary as to seem impossible: incredible speed.

2. not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable: The plot of the book is incredible."

Nothing in this definition to support "glorifying".
Aspiesmom don't need no steenkin' 'dictionary' - it means whatever she says it means
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hello?
Hello what? I'm not denying that there are many people who like to play "dress-up as a Nazi" on their week-ends. That doesn't keep me from considering it a sign of a disturbed personality.

Quote:
Is the Left now saying any historical re-enactments must exclude the nazis?
I find WWII re-enactments pretty distasteful as is, to be honest. I do not see them adding anything of value to the historical research of the era, which could have been the redeeming factor. But if you absolutely must, picking the SS - an organization that couldn't be more symbolic of crimes against everything decent - and then posing for snapshots? Sorry, at least try to keep a somber approach, eh?

Incidentally, this Leftie is quite capable of holding his own in the field of military history, thankyouverymuch.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:23 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Listen to this guy. He sounds like he actually admires the Nazis..

"I've always been fascinated by the fact that here was a relatively small country that from a strictly military point of view accomplished incredible things. I mean, they took over most of Europe and Russia, and it really took the combined effort of the free world to defeat them. From a purely historical military point of view, that's incredible."

Why is This GOP House Candidate Dressed as a Nazi? - Joshua Green - Politics - The Atlantic
Even the US military studies the actions of Confederate generals such as Lee and Jackson for their flawless flanking maneuvers. I can respect the conquests of Atilla the Hun or Genghis Khan without subscribing to their ideology (or lack thereof).

I used to participate in Civil War re-enactments (actually living history immersion w/2 battles depending on the day).. We had about a half dozen battles on our schedule, and sometimes we would chosen in advance for which side, depending on which had the true numerical advantage. But of course to the left wing this sort of hobby is blasphemous, just like everything else that isn't yoga and watching soccer.

Last edited by Frankie117; 10-09-2010 at 12:43 PM..

Old 10-09-2010, 12:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Hello what? I'm not denying that there are many people who like to play "dress-up as a Nazi" on their week-ends. That doesn't keep me from considering it a sign of a disturbed personality.

I find WWII re-enactments pretty distasteful as is, to be honest. I do not see them adding anything of value to the historical research of the era, which could have been the redeeming factor. But if you absolutely must, picking the SS - an organization that couldn't be more symbolic of crimes against everything decent - and then posing for snapshots? Sorry, at least try to keep a somber approach, eh?

Incidentally, this Leftie is quite capable of holding his own in the field of military history, thankyouverymuch.
Well, someone has to play the part of the nazis and since this congressman has played numerous roles in historical re-enactments.......another manufactured smear from the Left, which is their trade nowadays, because heaven forbid they should run on their so-called legislative successes.

Amazing that you would think people who participant in historical re-enactments that shaped this nation to be a sign of a disturbed personality. Is this what the Left has been reduced to?

Old 10-09-2010, 12:48 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, someone has to play the part of the nazis and since this congressman has played numerous roles in historical re-enactments.......another manufactured smear from the Left, which is their trade nowadays, because heaven forbid they should run on their so-called legislative successes.
Manufactured? The guy spends his spare time dressing up in SS gear. This is what is known as a "fact".

If the electorate feels this is an admirable quality in a representative, I'm sure the election results will carry it out.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:48 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,265 times
Default Springtime For Hitler and the GOP....

Apparently GOP candidate and tea party favorite Rich Iott likes to play dress up Nazi in his spare time.

Why is This GOP House Candidate Dressed as a Nazi? - Joshua Green - Politics - The Atlantic

Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
Apparently GOP candidate and tea party favorite Rich Iott likes to play dress up Nazi in his spare time.

Wow embarrassing.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post

duplicate; http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-dress-up.html

Old 10-09-2010, 12:52 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Maybe he just sees things more objectively than you do.
There is a difference between objectivity and admiration. Personally I think some of the weapons, and military tactics used by the Nazi's where brilliant. Panzer tanks, Tiger tanks, and some German aircraft where highly advanced. I don't note adhere, endorse or admire any of their political philosophies, human rights abuses, or racial views.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Manufactured? The guy spends his spare time dressing up in SS gear. This is what is known as a "fact".

If the electorate feels this is an admirable quality in a representative, I'm sure the election results will carry it out.
Yeah, for historical re-enactment, which is basically a service to the public. I have no problem with the Left trying to push such smears and insinuations, it worked SO WELL for grayson, hasn't it?

Once the electorate gets the FULL story and not just the out of context smears perpetrated by the Left in their desperation, I'm sure this will backfire just as brilliantly as grayson's smears did.

The Left has their marching orders;

Daily Kos: A different way to make a big difference in 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections