Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 01:32 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Did you see the video? He didn't storm off LMAO, he was very polite and left.

Mountain out of an ant-hill.
Your right, and I do believe an ant hill is much
smaller than a mole hill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 02:03 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
I saw the interview. He didn't throw a hissy fit or anything, but you tell he was pissed. He just left basically.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:22 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Ron Paul might get frustrated with answering the same questions over and over again. That's life in the presidential race. I'm sure Mitt Romney wishes people would stop bugging him about abortion and same-sex marriage issues, both of which he has disavowed in the strongest possible terms he could. Newt Gingrich no doubt wishes that his affairs and subsequent divorces would stop coming up, but those events will continue to haunt him as long as he is a politician. And there is a TON more problems with Gingrich's record as a congressman than people realize. Mitt and Newt are going to get drilled on those things over and over and over and over again.

Those sorts of problems and question don't stop just because you wish them to. I don't hold Ron Paul accountable for the letters. I accept his explanation. I think he has the right idea on most of the issues. But this interview creates an entirely new problem for Dr Paul: Can he keep his cool when pressured? He's going to experience a LOT more pressure than that if he is the Republican nominee. If he can't handle the pressure he won't beat Obama, that's for sure!

Unfortunately, the office of President of the United States does not necessarily go to the best man. It generally goes to the best showman and salesman who can win the crowd over for his cause. Dr Paul better get thicker skin and quick!

Old 12-22-2011, 02:40 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
can someone explain it once and for all what happened with these newsletters. can a paul guy/gal simply inform us instead of just saying he said he didnt do it, its over with?

Old 12-22-2011, 03:07 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Your right, and I do believe an ant hill is much
smaller than a mole hill
What's a mole hill?

Old 12-22-2011, 03:14 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
regarding the "racism" issue---if reverend wright didn't hurt obama in the general election, a newsletter that ron paul didn't even write or read isn't going to hurt him:

BARACK OBAMA Pastor ANTI-AMERICAN Rev Jeremiah Wright Racism - YouTube

maybe ron paul can just say that the newsletter is just like an old uncle that he sometimes didn't agree with and that will shut them up, because that worked out pretty well for obama.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:42 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Ron Paul might get frustrated with answering the same questions over and over again. That's life in the presidential race. I'm sure Mitt Romney wishes people would stop bugging him about abortion and same-sex marriage issues, both of which he has disavowed in the strongest possible terms he could. Newt Gingrich no doubt wishes that his affairs and subsequent divorces would stop coming up, but those events will continue to haunt him as long as he is a politician. And there is a TON more problems with Gingrich's record as a congressman than people realize. Mitt and Newt are going to get drilled on those things over and over and over and over again.

Those sorts of problems and question don't stop just because you wish them to. I don't hold Ron Paul accountable for the letters. I accept his explanation. I think he has the right idea on most of the issues. But this interview creates an entirely new problem for Dr Paul: Can he keep his cool when pressured? He's going to experience a LOT more pressure than that if he is the Republican nominee. If he can't handle the pressure he won't beat Obama, that's for sure!

Unfortunately, the office of President of the United States does not necessarily go to the best man. It generally goes to the best showman and salesman who can win the crowd over for his cause. Dr Paul better get thicker skin and quick!
great post

Old 12-22-2011, 03:59 AM

865 posts, read 676,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
can someone explain it once and for all what happened with these newsletters. can a paul guy/gal simply inform us instead of just saying he said he didnt do it, its over with?

That's a catch 22. Everyone wants an explanation from Paul about something he didn't write or know about.

That's like me asking you why your now dead child(hypothetical) once hung out with someone who eventually committed a felony 20 years ago. Except, in this case, some people don't accept that you can not possibly know why and your best guess isn't good enough. Then some take it another level and make this assumption that you might be a felon too somehow, despite your record and actions proving to be completely the opposite. If I keep badgering you over this hypothetical, knowing very well that it's not real, how would you react? Then how would you react if I claimed to not believe you? How would you feel if others started to buy into this nonsense? Seriously, I'm not pressing you, but if you could answer this hypothetical, I would genuinely appreciate it.

The media knows this is a dead end. They are just trying to see if anything they can dig up will stick, regardless if it's credible or not.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:07 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
If he said he didn't write it - that's all you got....
The news agencies have copies of the newsletters, I think.

Paul was asked about this also back in 2008 - you know when
everyone laughed at him about e.g. blowback - fiscal disaster, wars, patriot act, taxation, etc...
you know the unimportant issues of the day

I really think we need to concentrate on this instead:

"order was restored to Los Angeles after the 1992 riots when blacks went “to pick up their welfare checks.”
Ron Paul Political Report 1992

Here's what Paul told Wolf back in 2008

Ron Paul on Old Newsletter Controversy (Part 2) - YouTube

Old 12-22-2011, 04:29 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
He has answered the same question over, and over, and over, and over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

He has answered this over and over and over and over and over.
And he better get used to answering it......over and over and over and over and over...........

Just ask our Christian, American born President about how that works. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections