Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree with Sanders' "Free College" Platform?
Yes 65 36.52%
No 113 63.48%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:06 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So you would be fine with few black kids getting to attend college?
I'm fine with rules similar to current college admissions.

This isn't a difficult problem. You just don't want to solve it because "I got mine so **** you".

Old 08-17-2015, 09:10 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I'm fine with rules similar to current college admissions.

This isn't a difficult problem. You just don't want to solve it because "I got mine so **** you".
If all college was "free," there would be FAAAAR fewer people going to college. So it would not be the same as current college admissions, at all.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
If all college was "free," there would be FAAAAR fewer people going to college. So it would not be the same as current college admissions, at all.
Translation: "I got mine so **** you"

Old 08-17-2015, 09:13 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Translation: "I got mine so **** you"
Yeah, whatever. Buh-bye.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:15 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
The majority of people who graduate college are helped out by their parents.

MILLIONS don't have that help available.

But yeah, go ahead and tell us your hard-luck story about how you worked your way through college at Pizza Hut.

I went from food stamps to engineering. MOST people aren't capable of that.
Anyone can work through college and pay as they go, it isn't easy, but it can be done. I did it, my wife did it. It requires making tough choices hat are not very fun. It is amazing those who can delay gratification almost always make it in life.

I don't know why you feel the need to make excuses for others failures.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Anyone can work theiugh college and pay as they go, it isn't easy, but it can be done.

I don't know why you feel the need to make excuses for others failures.
Because I know that not everybody is as blessed as I am. I had a reasonably ok upbringing and a surprisingly high IQ for a snaggle-toothed hillbilly. MOST people I've met who come from a similar socioeconomic background do not share these advantages. And I want to take care of my snaggle-toothed hillbilly brethren... even if they're dumb as bricks and have been tricked into voting for their corporate masters' interests.

But people like you would rather they be peasants. Homeless on the land their fathers conquered. Many already are.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Because I know that not everybody is as blessed as I am. I had a reasonably ok upbringing and a surprisingly high IQ for a snaggle-toothed hillbilly. MOST people I've met who come from a similar socioeconomic background do not share these advantages. And I want to take care of my snaggle-toothed hillbilly brethren... even if they're dumb as bricks and have been tricked into voting for their corporate masters' interests.

But people like you would rather they be peasants. Homeless on the land their fathers conquered. Many already are.
Feel free to take care of whoever you want to take care of, just do it for your own time and money and not everyone else's.

The only way you will find the equal outcomes you desire is when everyone's outcome sucks equally.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Feel free to take care of whoever you want to take care of, just do it for your own time and money and not everyone else's.

The only way you will find the equal outcomes you desire is when everyone's outcomes sucks equally.
Nope, I'll do it with your money. And there's nothing you can do about it

Old 08-17-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Nope, I'll do it with your money. And there's nothing you can do about it
It is easy to be generous with other people's money isent it?

Old 08-17-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
It is easy to be generous with other people's money isent it?
Yeah, especially when they're so poor at managing it.

I mean, I KNOW y'all right-wingers honestly believe that we'll all magically be better off if we just redistribute even MORE money to the billionaires. I know this is an honest belief because I've BEEN a right-winger.

But the reality is that you're squandering investment in your country's future (education, infrastructure, retirement, etc) in favor of short-term gains for a few cynical billionaires who OWN the GOP and literally tell you what to think.

I won't let you continue down this path of hateful self-destruction. And I really don't CARE whether you agree or not. Like all conservatives, you'll be dragged kicking and screaming into the future... and then you'll try and take credit once you get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections