Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 06:21 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
This is a great opening for Trump. I am surprised he has not tweeted yet. Republicans have tried calling some blacks free loaders and welfare queens. Trump can try his approach. Tell blacks he is going to bring them jobs at the shuttered factories they walk past every day. Democrats have offered them nothing more than roach infested housing and a meager livelihood and they still get their vote. They are low hanging fruit ready to be picked off. How incompetent can you be?
Well, based on the comments towards the end, sounds like an insult to Blacks. How many Blacks are living in roach-infested, substandard housing compared to Blacks who don't? How big was the Black middle class in 1965 compared to now? How many Blacks are in the professional ranks now vs 1965? Referring to Blacks as "low hanging fruit" is not going to get Blacks to vote for a candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 08:12 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Giving away phones, internet, college.....that's all free stuff that hardworking taxpayers pay for - and given (or promised) to Black voters courtesy Dems.
The phone plan was enacted by Ronald Reagan in 1984. It's a $10 credit per month toward phone bills for people that are poor (specific income levels and below get it if they apply). When it was enacted the goal was to give poor rural people, access to call for emergency help on the phone. They were so poor they didn't have phones and they lived far away from services. The phone thing has been kept ever since Reagan created it. Kept in place through each Bush president. So how is this being blamed on the Democrats when a Republican created it?

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/...-obama-phones/

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-26-2015 at 08:24 PM..

Old 09-26-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The phone plan was enacted by Ronald Reagan. It's a $10 credit per month toward phone bills for people that are poor (specific income levels and below get it if they apply). When it was enacted the goal was to give poor rural people access to call for emergency help on the phone. They were so poor they didn't have phones and they lived far away from services. The phone thing has been kept ever since Reagan created it. Kept in place through each Bush president. So how is this being blamed on the democrats when a Republican created it and Republicans didn't appeal it?

They
If this is true, why am I just now hearing about this?

Old 09-26-2015, 08:27 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, based on the comments towards the end, sounds like an insult to Blacks. How many Blacks are living in roach-infested, substandard housing compared to Blacks who don't? How big was the Black middle class in 1965 compared to now? How many Blacks are in the professional ranks now vs 1965? Referring to Blacks as "low hanging fruit" is not going to get Blacks to vote for a candidate.
I would stand before Cabrini-Greene housing project and ask the people living there if this is what they had in mind when they voted for Democrats for 50 years. The place is a concentration camp. No Republican would do it. Trump might. With these colossal monuments to Dems failure Republicans get 5% of black vote?

Old 09-26-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If this is true, why am I just now hearing about this?

Google it:
Reagan phone
or
Reagan Lifeline Assistance program

Old 09-26-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I would stand before Cabrini-Greene housing project and ask the people living there if this is what they had in mind when they voted for Democrats for 50 years. The place is a concentration camp
Cabrini Green was demolished. It doesn't exist any more.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
The phone plan was enacted by Ronald Reagan in 1984. It's a $10 credit per month toward phone bills for people that are poor (specific income levels and below get it if they apply). [/url]
It is not as no-frills as you make it out to be. It is like my plan, and they have iPhone now.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I would stand before Cabrini-Greene housing project and ask the people living there if this is what they had in mind when they voted for Democrats for 50 years. The place is a concentration camp. No Republican would do it. Trump might. With these colossal monuments to Dems failure Republicans get 5% of black vote?
The housing projects pre-date the LBJ administration. In fact, the first housing projects in the USA were in Atlanta, in 1936.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techwood_Homes

And using Cabrini-Green as the benchmark for "Democratic destruction" is disingenuous. Most Blacks don't live in the housing projects. I don't think many people want to live in the housing projects.

By the way, Cabrini Green doesn't exist anymore. Demolition video is ample proof of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttJBtMZvXEA

You have failed to answer any of my questions. Those were not rhetorical, they require answers.

1) How many Blacks are living in roach-infested, substandard housing compared to Blacks who don't?
2) How big was the Black middle class in 1965 compared to now?
3) How many Blacks are in the professional ranks now vs 1965?

Old 09-26-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
It is not as no-frills as you make it out to be. It is like my plan, and they have iPhone now.
Can you refute that the "free phones" stuff was implemented before President Obama even got to office?

Old 09-26-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Cabrini Green was demolished. It doesn't exist any more.
And who blames them? Would YOU keep this affront to humanity? Criminals try to destroy the evidence but images like this live forever. I assure you whatever goes up in its place won’t fare any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections