Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 05:03 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, because everything he says in SC stays in SC, right? Does he want to be the president of SC or of the whole country? It's like Romney's 47% remark. He, too, only planned on being the president of a certain segment of Americans; he felt it "wasn't his job" to worry about the rest of them. That didn't go over too well with a majority of Americans. If Bush was thinking, like you suggest, that hey, it's SC, so who cares what I say here? then he is even dumber than he seems. And right now he seem pretty dumb.
LOL! But Bush sent Gore & Kerry packing with same message so you make no point. But I digress.

Anyone who read what I said, and did a just a little bit of critical thinking (yeah, it's rare these days) would have gotten the real point of my message. i.e. JEB will not be the next President of the USA.

You take bucket of sand to beach too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 05:40 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Threaten to cut welfare programs and see how many black apologists come out and claim racism. Has happened many times in the past, which suggests that Bush is right.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:58 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Read your own source. It says nothing of the sort. It is so desperate to whitewash Muslims that it has to compare the deaths by terrorism with traffic deaths and refrigerators falling.
I checked all those extended link...and I found Nadda what you are promoting...
Many internal AMERICAN citizen's have been radicalized by how GOP has demonized so many folks within your own boundaries..and you wonder why Media proliferations of ISIL gets internalized??..I won't even go into demonizations of anyone who is deemed "TAKERS" who happens to need for a period of time to get back on track..YET even those get demonized//worthy of CUT from getting that Safety Net..Even Paul Ryan..beloved member of the GOP actually received such benefits!!

I say grow up and realize..that NOT all are faking their needs..in fact requirement to prove such requirements is STRINGENT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Per Capita as a %, where race is the determining factor..... No. It's not over 50% of the black population.
But it is higher than all other races combined
Go pray to your particular deity that you have escaped any need to avail of such programs...but in the meantime..kindly STOP bashing disenfranchised and those who HAD TO WALK in the path of disaster..health cost that bankrupt them..or inability to put a meal on the table..Public charities simply CANNOT fill that GAP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
When White folks get free stuff (like CEOs getting free perks, Politicians running for President, ...etc), they are said to be "smart". When White folks in Congress get free stuff like healthcare and stuff , they are said to be "smart"...

Most of us "white folks" are NOT ceo's or in congress idiot.
It's actually a very hurtful term..Free Stuff..It's called a helping hand when in need...BTW~~ Not all who are in need are those LAZY ones looking for handouts..and also those taking advantage..are Republicans too!! It's not a Political Party voters who become "Needy"...so STOP blaming the party who choses to extend that helping hand!! TYIA

Old 09-27-2015, 07:01 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Threaten to cut welfare programs and see how many black apologists come out and claim racism. Has happened many times in the past, which suggests that Bush is right.
Prove that someone threatened to cut off welfare.

And answer this question. How is shoving the subject of welfare in Black people's faces(particularly those who aren't on welfare) going to get Black people to vote for Republicans? How? I will tell you what I would do. I would tell said person to get out of my face. I'm not on welfare, and I'm insulted for a politician to tell me that all I want is welfare.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Per Capita as a %, where race is the determining factor..... No. It's not over 50% of the black population.
But it is higher than all other races combined
So what if it is higher? Does it mean that most Blacks are seeking welfare?

And furthermore, how is bringing up this welfare subject going to get more Blacks to vote Republican, particularly Blacks who aren't on welfare to begin with?

Old 09-27-2015, 07:09 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Prove that someone threatened to cut off welfare.

And answer this question. How is shoving the subject of welfare in Black people's faces(particularly those who aren't on welfare) going to get Black people to vote for Republicans? How? I will tell you what I would do. I would tell said person to get out of my face. I'm not on welfare, and I'm insulted for a politician to tell me that all I want is welfare.
Okay. Let's say that a politician says that he wants to cut back on government handouts. He wants to cut section 8 housing vouchers, SNAP payments, medicaid, the whole nine yards. How do you feel about this? Do you support it or are you against it?

Old 09-27-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Okay. Let's say that a politician says that he wants to cut back on government handouts. He wants to cut section 8 housing vouchers, SNAP payments, medicaid, the whole nine yards. How do you feel about this? Do you support it or are you against it?
This is how I feel about it. It should never be made to be permanent. If a person happens to need help, then said person needs help. However, there should be a system set up to wean said person off of it.

Now, answer this question. If a Republican politician is going to address Black people, with the intention of reaching out to Blacks, how is bringing up welfare and shoving it in everyone's face going to get Blacks to vote for said politician, particularly if said Blacks aren't on welfare to begin with? I've asked before, and so far, no answer. I've asked over and over and no answers.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:50 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
On the subject of Medicaid. One of the largest uses of Medicaid is when old people (all races) are in nursing homes and they already spent all of their money to cover the nursing home. Once their money runs out, they go on Medicaid. They are elderly and retired and they surely cannot go back to work. They are in nursing homes because they can't even take care of themselves any longer for basic things like walking and eating and going to the bathroom and showering.

So what do you do with a 94 year old that's in a nursing home and already spent her $350k nest egg on nursing home care for the past several years. Do you kick her out because you want a time limit for Medicaid?

Medicaid is the primary payer for over 60% of all nursing home residents in the USA.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:00 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is how I feel about it. It should never be made to be permanent. If a person happens to need help, then said person needs help. However, there should be a system set up to wean said person off of it.

Now, answer this question. If a Republican politician is going to address Black people, with the intention of reaching out to Blacks, how is bringing up welfare and shoving it in everyone's face going to get Blacks to vote for said politician, particularly if said Blacks aren't on welfare to begin with? I've asked before, and so far, no answer. I've asked over and over and no answers.
Yeah, that's how I feel about it too. But I don't know what you want from Republicans. You said that you want them to talk about safe streets and fixing schools and all, and I do believe that they talk about these things. If you think that Democrats will do better with those issues, then vote Democrat. But they've had a monopoly in cities like Detroit, Baltimore, Philly, Newark, etc., etc., etc. for a looooong time, and I'm not very impressed with either the quality of schools or the safety of the streets in those places.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:28 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Well?....

How soon some people forget Peggy the Mooch ("I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage..." ) and Obamaphone lady ("You on welfare, you disability...")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections