Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 05:22 PM

1,057 posts, read 868,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I just don't understand how anyone doing well could vote for Sanders. Whether you are building retirement through your 401k, your own stock/fund account, real estate etc... it will all be hurt if Sanders gets his way. Everyone I know who are huge Sanders supporters are barely making ends meet. I simply think he is very dangerous for our economy and country. We just need to repair the wheel, we don't need to replace the wheel with something entirely else.
Tell me about it. Hilary farts and I lose half the value of my 401k lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 05:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
I just don't understand how anyone doing well could vote for Sanders.
I believe in fairness. No, wealth redistribution is not what I consider fair. Wealth redistribution is what we have had the last 7 years where all of it was directed towards the top.

It sucks that as a country we have to do this but things to be fair need swung back a bit. Sanders is likely the only one that will do that, but granted, who thought things would go the way they have under Obama.

Quote:
Whether you are building retirement through your 401k, your own stock/fund account, real estate etc... it will all be hurt if Sanders gets his way. Everyone I know who are huge Sanders supporters are barely making ends meet. I simply think he is very dangerous for our economy and country. We just need to repair the wheel, we don't need to replace the wheel with something entirely else.
That's just it, it's not about me me me me me me. You can't repair the wheel without it being balanced.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:29 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I believe in fairness. No, wealth redistribution is not what I consider fair. Wealth redistribution is what we have had the last 7 years where all of it was directed towards the top.

It sucks that as a country we have to do this but things to be fair need swung back a bit. Sanders is likely the only one that will do that, but granted, who thought things would go the way they have under Obama.

That's just it, it's not about me me me me me me. You can't repair the wheel without it being balanced.
What do you consider fair?

For me, the very wealthy already pay close to 50% on ordinary income, while the poor pay considerably less. Raising the top bracket to 90% is not fair in my opinion. It is not fair to take away the vast majority of income from those who make a lot and them demonize them on top of it, meanwhile they get nothing back from government. I can agree that certain tax loop holes need to be fixed, such as off shore tax havens and carried interest, but there are multiple candidates who also believe this including Trump.

I'm not thinking about "me, me, me" I'm thinking about the future of Americans. We can not succeed if government is going to be responsible for all our retirements. The majority of people need to get their retirements from the private sector whether its from 401ks, mutual funds, real estate etc.

I am about fairness and having a 90% tax rate on people is the opposite of fair. A fair tax would be fair, where there are no deductions, no tax tricks, everyone pays the same percentage... that would be the definition of fair.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:29 PM

1,057 posts, read 868,740 times
Bernie, like obama, does not have the power to redistribute wealth. If anything, both will have made the problem worse. It's up to those in the poor areas to get educated, go to college, get good jobs and help GROW our economy so that we can create more wealth and job creators, not less.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
I just don't understand how anyone doing well could vote for Sanders. Whether you are building retirement through your 401k, your own stock/fund account, real estate etc... it will all be hurt if Sanders gets his way. Everyone I know who are huge Sanders supporters are barely making ends meet. I simply think he is very dangerous for our economy and country. We just need to repair the wheel, we don't need to replace the wheel with something entirely else.
And how will it all get hurt by Sanders? I am curious how you came to this conclusion...

Old 10-22-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
What do you consider fair?
Certainly not what we have done the last 7 years. I think Sanders idea of a tax on trades to fund education would be one way to make things a little more even.

I believe income should be taxed as income period.........to note....that doesn't mean I think taxes should be raised. If we lowered income taxes and raised capital gains taxes to meet somewhere in the middle, that sounds good to me.

Oh, and there are some bankers that need charged and tried for their crimes.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
Bernie, like obama, does not have the power to redistribute wealth. If anything, both will have made the problem worse. It's up to those in the poor areas to get educated, go to college, get good jobs and help GROW our economy so that we can create more wealth and job creators, not less.
The jobs are being sent overseas. To add to my post above, I'd get a Goodguy to take the Jeffrey Immelts out behind a building somewhere and beat the snot out of them for what they have done to the country.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And how will it all get hurt by Sanders? I am curious how you came to this conclusion...
By declaring war on Wall Street, corporations, the very places where we have our retirements, 401ks, pensions invested. By making America the land that shuns innovation and entrepreneurship. How is making America like Venezuela going to be good?

Old 10-22-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The jobs are being sent overseas. To add to my post above, I'd get a Goodguy to take the Jeffrey Immelts out behind a building somewhere and beat the snot out of them for what they have done to the country.
American jobs have been stolen overseas by greedy capitalistic corporations avoiding high tax rates, so Bernie is going to tax them at 90% to bring them back?

HOW ON EARTH DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

Donald Trump actually has plans that make sense on this issue. For every American company that builds or moves their plant overseas to then sell to America, they will be taxed at 30+ percent for every part that comes into the country. That is how you get corporations to stop exporting jobs overseas.

(I'm making this bold, so hopefully you read it)

Old 10-22-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
[color="Red"][b]American jobs have been stolen overseas by greedy capitalistic corporations avoiding high tax rates, so Bernie is going to tax them at 90% to bring them back?
No he isn't. I answered your questions but I'm not going to acknowledge your hyperbole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections