Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 12:44 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,126,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
because hillary murdered smiths son but trump had nothing to do with khan man's son.....two different scenarios.
Also Clinton LIED to the Gold Star parents faces and all Trump did was make a comment about the wifes silence which is typical of Muslim women...

Old 08-04-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Because you failed to listen to the findings of your own witch hunt.

Whatever.

Whatever?????? I am sure if you were a family member you wouldn't be saying whatever!!

Old 08-04-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8
Please provide a NONPARTISAN source link to factually back your claim that Mr. Khan is an advocate for Sharia in America.
Good luck in finding that..
And if you don't find it, please plan to return here & state that you were misinformed & thus wrong in your accusation.
Then I may rep you for accountability which I admire when people admit their error.
To paraphrase the quote from the old Dragnet show, just the facts please...

French for, I won't accept any source.

Frank Gaffney: Khizr Khan

Khizr Khan Has Written Extensively On Sharia Law | The Daily Caller
“All other juridical works which have been written during more than thirteen centuries are very rich and indispensable, but they must always be subordinated to the Shari’ah and open to reconsideration by all Muslims.” - Khizr Khan
Will you accept his own words?

Hey Alter8, looks like it is YOU that needs to admit you were mistaken!!!!

Old 08-04-2016, 01:11 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Regardless of how you feel about the number of question marks used in the response, the fact remains that they never blamed Trump for the death of their son. His response to Trump was strictly about they way he speaks about Mulsims in America as if they arent really americans.
Just like the rest of the left you are choosing to ignore he said, "those coming from terrorist countries should be put on hold." He did come forward and clarified is statement. Mr. Khan is an immigrant lawyer, this would cripple his pocketbook. Its obvious how many of you agree with over populating our country with non-Americans!

Yes, it does matter when someone uses 15 question marks to ask a question.....I don't enjoy someone thinking they are superior in a debate and that is what it was showing. You may appreciate superiority from others, I don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
SMH
Nice you chose to miss all of Hillary's faults.....like having Gaddafi killed. I bet you're not while she laughed at his death, who knows you probably joined in with the cackling.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Just like the rest of the left you are choosing to ignore he said, "those coming from terrorist countries should be put on hold." He did come forward and clarified is statement. Mr. Khan is an immigrant lawyer, this would cripple his pocketbook. Its obvious how many of you agree with over populating our country with non-Americans!

Would you mind taking a moment to actually explain how my response, or anyone on the left, ignores your quote ?

Trump defined terrorist nations as any of those that included ISIS or government hostile to the U.S. At one point his website actually had a list.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia.

He also stated that after Orlando, if he had been president in the 80's there is no way he would have allowed those families in who were from those countries.

The Khans are from Pakistan.

By saying that, he is inadvertantly saying that he wouldnt have allowed the Khans in , and that their son's sacrifice meant nothing as he wasnt really an american and shouldnt have been here in the first place.

Quote:
Yes, it does matter when someone uses 15 question marks to ask a question.....I don't enjoy someone thinking they are superior in a debate and that is what it was showing. You may appreciate superiority from others, I don't!
This is simply a difference of opinion on the 2 of us, but I dont think anyone who has ever put multiple question marks has ever done so as a show of superiority. It seems that it is more a marker of disbelief.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:15 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,201,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
When someone says 90% of liberals never heard of Gold Star families, which implies that liberals do not serve in the armed forces, they are wrong. I see the poster I was replying to has not returned to defend himself because he CAN'T!

You have taken my post out of context. That post WAS an attack on my relatives and any liberals who served in the military. My relatives are liberals but they are not dim-witted and have served this country well.

You?
Thank you to your relatives for their service to this country! They should be respected regardless of race, gender, religion, or their political orientation. The majority of people are grateful and you have every right to challenge and confront those that are not IMO. I doubt you will get the apology you deserve, but I am confident the majority of posters on this thread support you and your relatives.

Kudos to you for standing up for your relatives who proudly served our country!

BTW, I tried to rep you but the attempt was blocked. Will keep trying.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:37 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

You may appreciate superiority from others, I don't!

My god, you must absolutely ABHOR trump!

Old 08-04-2016, 02:39 PM

3,875 posts, read 4,702,009 times
Default Conservatives..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
French for, I won't accept any source.

Frank Gaffney: Khizr Khan

Khizr Khan Has Written Extensively On Sharia Law | The Daily Caller
“All other juridical works which have been written during more than thirteen centuries are very rich and indispensable, but they must always be subordinated to the Shari’ah and open to reconsideration by all Muslims.” - Khizr Khan
Will you accept his own words?

"Nonpartisan" has always been an English language word by my understanding, but nice bit of opening deflection there..
I also noticed that the 2 sites you linked here were not at all "nonpartisan" but rather rightwing sites.
Specifically your Daily Caller is site well-known as a crack pot/conspiracy site. Right wing is (or left wing for that matter) far enough from the "nonpartisan" standard I requested of you but seriously.. a crackpot site is what you linked us to?
Honestly, I'm embarrassed for you that you are not aware of what is nonpartisan & what isn't.
Additionally, you apparently did not CAREFULLY read/study what was claimed at the 2 links you supplied here in addition to the other links contained within them... did you? Go find those other contained links & don't ignore them.
If you had read everything carefully & gone to those extra links, you would have realized that Khizr Khan was not advocating on behalf of Sharia law in the U.S. He is a legal scholar & Sharia is a legal system, among other things, in many Moslem countries. As such, it can be seen in your links that his writings as a scholar studied what constitutes the amalgamation & evolutionary growth of Sharia law over the centuries (over 13 centuries).
In those links, there is NO DISCUSSION of Sharia tenets of law versus other non-Muslim law systems, whether they be Judaic, Christian or U.S. law specifically. Instead, it was an entirely-Sharia specific study of how Sharia law grew & which parts of it came from the life time of Mohammed and were thus the real & bonafide basis for Sharia.
You have without reading carefully, accepted on blind faith what both Frank Gaffney & the author at The Daily Caller told you he was saying without reading for yourself to see if their interpretations were true or false.
Your source "scholars", Mr. Gaffney & the author at The Daily Caller have embarrassed themselves in their writings & interpretations of Mr. Khan's studies. Apparently they only made cursory research & were unable to understand the jist of his academic/scholarly writings.
It's most unfortunate that they were unable to tell the difference between pure advocacy of Sharia law on one hand versus the study & discussion of the origins of Sharia law on the other hand. There's a huge difference.
Think in terms of you or me writing a college term paper on Hitler's Mein Kampf. The opinion neutral writing of such a paper by you or me would not in and of itself be an advocacy on behalf of Hitler's ideals but would rather be a study of them.
And in conclusion, I can't post links here at work from behind my office firewall so tonight I will come back here & post a transcript of an interview with Mr. Khan where he very specifically spoke as to his view of why Sharia law would not work in the U.S.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:42 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:

This is simply a difference of opinion on the 2 of us, but I dont think anyone who has ever put multiple question marks has ever done so as a show of superiority. It seems that it is more a marker of disbelief.
Yes, absolutely! I don't understand why someone would think multiple question marks or even exclamation points denotes superiority.

To me, it's the equivalent of pulling my hair out over the density of a poster's brain!

Old 08-04-2016, 03:19 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Would you mind taking a moment to actually explain how my response, or anyone on the left, ignores your quote ?

Trump defined terrorist nations as any of those that included ISIS or government hostile to the U.S. At one point his website actually had a list.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia.

He also stated that after Orlando, if he had been president in the 80's there is no way he would have allowed those families in who were from those countries.

The Khans are from Pakistan.

By saying that, he is inadvertantly saying that he wouldnt have allowed the Khans in , and that their son's sacrifice meant nothing as he wasnt really an american and shouldnt have been here in the first place..
We are at war, although those on the left forget. Until our soldiers come home and the war has ended, I see no sense in bringing people here. Bring our soldiers home before committing to immigration from the ME.

Pakistan is a country of terrorism........ Countries that sponsor and accept terrorist presence

Pakistan has long been the main staging ground and planning centre for Islamic terrorists operating in South Asia. After the launch of Operation Enduring Freedom, thousands of terrorists were either killed or driven out of Afghanistan, with the survivors taking refuge in Pakistan. Pakistan's military and its secret spy service; Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) have been training and funding several terrorist groups operating in Afghanistan and India, including the decades long terrorism campaign in Indian Kashmir and the 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai. The links have long been clear, given that the Pakistani terrorist groups operate in plain sight and have a very distinct Afghan and Indian focus. The massive leak of U.S. Intelligence data on the Wikileaks website further showed the complicity of the Pakistani state with terrorist groups, used to establish a (false) state of deniability. New York Times journalist Carlotta Gall has written a book that further delves into the Pakistani state's deep involvement with terrorism in Afghanistan. The former Canadian ambassador to Afghanistan and minister, Chris Alexander has made a similar assertion calling Pakistan a state sponsor of terrorism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, absolutely! I don't understand why someone would think multiple question marks or even exclamation points denotes superiority.

To me, it's the equivalent of pulling my hair out over the density of a poster's brain!

Would this pertain to you;Six Common Punctuation Errors that Bedevil Bloggers - Copyblogger -
Unless you want to sound like an overly emotional teenager writing on MySpace, you should limit yourself to one exclamation point, regardless of how excited you might be when writing that sentence. The same applies to question marks and to the ellipsis (which should have only three dots). Also, keep in mind that exclamation points are not used that frequently in business and formal writing. If your text is loaded with them, you probably should review it.

Or maybe this fits you and I should have used angry person; 11 Punctuation Marks That Give Your Text Messages Secret Meanings - 11 Points
The exclamation point is the most valuable punctuation mark you have in your arsenal, but it's also the most dangerous. Because when you start overusing it, you look like an overeager, un-confident amateur.

I would say from the description above, is the superiority & density in your brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections