Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 11:31 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
It will not end until we refuse to tolerate it anymore. These people must be stopped from ever imposing their agenda. If these people ever gain full power we should rise up against them rather than see them carry out the agenda. I refuse to accept these people or their values, I refuse to live under their rule and I refuse to give up my rights to them. We always have 1776 or 1861 to look to for ways to stop them.
The Progressives (liberals, Democrats) have done some very, very smart things. They have taken over Education Kindergarten through University. Therefore our kids get the liberal indoctrination right away. They have largely taken over the Media, and Social Media. So people watch, and read the same thing that the Libs teach them is school, and it gets reinforced. Now much of corporate America, especially like Tech, Finance, and others are run by Leftists. The rank and file government employees are all leftist Democrats.

With all of the above, I am shocked we got a Republican President, and that there are still some Republicans in Fed, and State legislatures. I do think we've seen the last Republican President for a long, long time. I also see entire states being controlled by their Democrat metro areas (cities, burbs, and ex burbs), so the states will go Blue also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 11:56 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Progressives (liberals, Democrats) have done some very, very smart things. They have taken over Education Kindergarten through University. Therefore our kids get the liberal indoctrination right away. They have largely taken over the Media, and Social Media. So people watch, and read the same thing that the Libs teach them is school, and it gets reinforced. Now much of corporate America, especially like Tech, Finance, and others are run by Leftists. The rank and file government employees are all leftist Democrats.

With all of the above, I am shocked we got a Republican President, and that there are still some Republicans in Fed, and State legislatures. I do think we've seen the last Republican President for a long, long time. I also see entire states being controlled by their Democrat metro areas (cities, burbs, and ex burbs), so the states will go Blue also.
But we got him in spite of his running as a Republican, certainly not because of it. We got him because he's Trump, he's real, he's got the courage to stand for what he believes, and he's with us.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:18 PM

2,680 posts, read 1,381,788 times
Quote:
Different country. Democrats weren't radical Communists yet, so could vote for the other party. We weren't as divided then, but we are now due to the far left, anti American direction of the Democrat Party, and the Democrat controlled MEDIA.
We are anti-American? News to me!! Glad you told me!!

Old 01-21-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:

How are they indictrinating the kids in school? It is the conservatives who usually go for that sort of thing....favoring forcing their religious beliefs on public schoolkids etc.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:24 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,304,236 times
Basically both sides have their own ideas of what morals and values are, and they demonize each other.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Left wing loons do not love America. They want to fundamentally change everything about America. They hate capitalism, hate Christianity, hate traditional values and hate America’s founders because they were white.

Leftist are enemies of America, enemies of freedom and even enemies of decency itself. There is no way a left winger can be patriotic or love America. What they believe in is the antithesis of America.
Huh? I am firmly on the left and I can assure you that I can love America lol! We are enemies of decency? We have historically fought for more decent treatment of others...abolition of child labor, implementation of social security, Medicare, a safety net, worker safety protections, gay rights, civil rights for racial minorities....need I go on? How is that the antithesis of America? Do you conservatives want to go back a hundred years?

Old 01-21-2019, 12:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
What are their names? You "conservatives" should rally behind them instead of Trump. He signed the massive spending increase into law.
Conservatives didn't rally behind Trump. The anyone but Hillary crowd did. The dishonest bots say it in order to deflect from the fact that the progressive policies on both sides of the aisle are complete failures. Vegans don't support Steak and Ale.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
It will not end until we refuse to tolerate it anymore. These people must be stopped from ever imposing their agenda. If these people ever gain full power we should rise up against them rather than see them carry out the agenda. I refuse to accept these people or their values, I refuse to live under their rule and I refuse to give up my rights to them. We always have 1776 or 1861 to look to for ways to stop them.
So in the 21st Century America should continue to maintain public monuments to individuals who were actually willing to rip the United States apart and go to war...a war that killed nearly eight hundred thousand of the thirty odd million Americans living at the time...and severely wounded hundreds if thousands more...in order to preserve a slavery and racism based economy and society? And you are viewing their behavior in 1861 as an example for us to follow today?
And we do not hate our Founding Fathers...among whom were the leading liberals of the day, btw, the conservatives were the third of Americans who were Tories...because they were white...do you seriously believe that!? We do criticize them for implementing a society based on racism and slavery. Do you dispute that it was wrong of them to do that? They were not living deities.
We do not hate Christianity. There are millions and millions of left leaning Christians in America. Don't see how you cpuld not be cognizant of that fact, unless your definition of a Christian is limited to your sect.
And no, supporting the separation of church and state does not make one anti-Christian.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 01-21-2019 at 12:40 PM..

Old 01-21-2019, 03:25 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,970,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Those of you who were not adults during the Carter years have no clue about how bad it was.
You could only buy gas on certain days, you had to wait hours to get that gas on "your designated day".
Interest rates for home loans averaged 16-18% with a mandatory 20% down. Car loans were similar.

Prices on everything went through the roof ..... it was a misery.

Reagan was a former California Governor .... back in those days California was THE place to be.
Great Government, Best Schools in the Nation and a booming economy. That helped Reagan a lot.

Nothing like it is today...... a total mess.

Interest rates and inflation nearing 20%. It was incredible. I bragged about Los Angeles and CA. back then. Now they're embarrassments.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:34 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
Because it was 1984 and not 1988. It was still essentially the "honeymoon" phase of the Reagan days. His smiles and grandfatherly appeal were still in full swing for 1984.

All his worst moves and mistakes happened in his second term. A very different Reagan - and high visibility of his cronies - came to the surface then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections