Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 10:07 PM

9,481 posts, read 10,840,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Reagan was the awesomeness and America was a completely different country back then than it is now.

And how is that? At least when Reagan was president the leftists knew what restroom to use. The things I am seeing today is beyond absurd, snowflake participation trophy generation, people losing their minds over where Mrs. Pence teaches art, anti Columbus Day crybabies, putting illegals ahead of homeless vets. $15/ hour pay for fast food workers with no high school diplomas, statue removals, safe spaces, where will it end?
It will not end until we refuse to tolerate it anymore. These people must be stopped from ever imposing their agenda. If these people ever gain full power we should rise up against them rather than see them carry out the agenda. I refuse to accept these people or their values, I refuse to live under their rule and I refuse to give up my rights to them. We always have 1776 or 1861 to look to for ways to stop them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 10:42 PM

29,635 posts, read 16,622,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Completely agree! I almost feel sorry for the Democrats today. They try to be appease too broad of a spectrum and in so doing, they tend to alienate the "Average Joe" in America. Their message is well received within their own party but doesn't resonate with moderates, libertarians or conservatives.

The only chance they have of succeeding is to slide back to the center (ala Bill Clinton) for a chance of victory and in so doing, this will **** off the entire city of Portland Oregon (joke joke). In other words, the Dems can be a tough bracket of people to represent these days.
Republicans seem to always make the weird argument that 50% or more of the nation arent "average joes" simply because they disagree with your policies, thats just baffling to me.

You guys also make the flawed argument of claiming you win moderates, which can happen, but is pretty much a 50/50 game. Clinton won Moderates 52 to 40, Obama won them 56-41

The bold is also odd because for some reason, you dont see it the other way around. Your message doesnt resonate with any group left of center.

Old 01-20-2019, 06:40 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,021,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t
Proof? I don't believe you can supply any. Ollie North shredded a bunch of his paperwork, but of what was left, wherever there were check boxes for presidential authorization, the check boxes had been left blank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Are you being purposely ignorant here? Reagan dang well knew what was going on. He was mad at congress for the Boland Ammendment, and decided to act outside the law, and when caught, North took the bullet to save Reagan an impeachment and trial
I asked for evidence, and I see that you cannot supply any. History is so much fun when we get to make stuff up with no evidence.

Old 01-20-2019, 06:52 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,671,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I asked for evidence, and I see that you cannot supply any. History is so much fun when we get to make stuff up with no evidence.
Do you still believe in the Easter Bunny too?

Old 01-20-2019, 07:34 PM

34,138 posts, read 17,206,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Who remembers when Ronald Reagan won 49 states (all except Minnesota, Mondale’s Home State) in 1984 against Walter Mondale? Many of those states are now solidly Democratic, and have been for a long time. How did he do it?

https://denster57.files.wordpress.co...mmy_carter.jpg

Old 01-20-2019, 07:37 PM

2,539 posts, read 1,880,388 times
Raegan wasn't that great of a president, last best Republican president since Trump was Eisenhower.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:40 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,021,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Do you still believe in the Easter Bunny too?
Not without evidence. You are the one who is prepared to believe without evidence.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:36 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,691,079 times
1984 was like the dark ages, that's how.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:58 AM

20,908 posts, read 9,615,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
You showed a picture of Jimmy Carter. Carter was voted out in 1980, 4 years before this election.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:18 AM

17,498 posts, read 9,317,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
"How did he do it?"

Jimmy Carter. Worst president ever until Obongo.
Those of you who were not adults during the Carter years have no clue about how bad it was.
You could only buy gas on certain days, you had to wait hours to get that gas on "your designated day".
Interest rates for home loans averaged 16-18% with a mandatory 20% down. Car loans were similar.

Prices on everything went through the roof ..... it was a misery.

Reagan was a former California Governor .... back in those days California was THE place to be.
Great Government, Best Schools in the Nation and a booming economy. That helped Reagan a lot.

Nothing like it is today...... a total mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections