Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 12:33 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I wonder how often he even actually went to church
He was likely too busy praying to Allah at his secret in-the-closet mosque.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
I know, you can be a registered member of a church and not actually go every sunday.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Michelle was down front absorbing the rants, Obama was in the car parked toward the east salaaming toward Mecca.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:56 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I think it's a real mixed bag.

There are (unfortunately) millions of voters who will immediately hate Obama because of his mixed race. That's the ugly, undeniable truth. But it's far from the whole story.

Even a casual review of the threads on this forum shows that there are lots of angry posters who've swallowed the silly anti-Obama rhetoric that we've all received in our email inboxes over the months. So many folks will quickly grab onto absurdities that seem to reinforce their half-formed opinions and then never deviate from that weak position.

Of course, there are the die-hard right-wing authoritarians who still approve of Bush and who still think Dick Cheney and Karl Rove are great Americans. Rush Limbaugh and Michael Weiner-Savage are their news sources. Their minds are poisoned and they'll never have a lucid moment for the rest of their days.

I think you're right. A certain percentage of voters (from both sides) will unthinkingly vote for "their party" in each election without educating themsleves the least bit about the candidates or the issues.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:17 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Lightbulb Same old - same old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think you're right. A certain percentage of voters (from both sides) will unthinkingly vote for "their party" in each election without educating themsleves the least bit about the candidates or the issues.
This year's election won't really be much different than most. About 40% of the electorate identifies strongly as Republicans, about the same as Democrats. It'll be the 20& independents who will decide the issue.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:41 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
universally recognized as the worst president in history to you and your friends. sorry, but history isn't instantaneous. you obviously have a hard time reading. I replied to a post you made and explained all of my positions and proved you wrong on all of your assumptions. you obviously read only what you choose to read. I have no reason to make you take mccain or republicans seriously, as I support neither of them.
In other words, you don't have any answers, and don't realize that your inferior position and that of the pathetic party that you represent, carries absolutely no weight. Republicans stink as evidenced by the past 7 horrific years. McCain stinks as evidenced by his lack of opposition to these pathetic policies. Your positions represent the wrong side of the argument. Continue to win arguments with yourself. I don't consider your viewpoints worthy of my attention. So continue to be disturbed by the very real truths as I describe them. This is Barack Obama's time.

Conservatives to the rear...

Thanks for playing.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:54 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
In other words, you don't have any answers, and don't realize that your inferior position and that of the pathetic party that you represent, carries absolutely no weight. Republicans stink as evidenced by the past 7 horrific years. McCain stinks as evidenced by his lack of opposition to these pathetic policies. Your positions represent the wrong side of the argument. Continue to win arguments with yourself. I don't consider your viewpoints worthy of my attention. So continue to be disturbed by the very real truths as I describe them. This is Barack Obama's time.

Conservatives to the rear...

Thanks for playing.

this is Barack Obama's time alright
he will be told to sit down and shut up come NOV.
the DNC will regret giving him the nod to run
their ego's will have lost the election, AGAIN.
The ONLY reason he won is due to the SD's

Old 07-17-2008, 06:10 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
The only reason he won is he campaigned hard and got more delegates.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:14 AM

10 posts, read 41,318 times
First off Obama is related to none other than the evil money hungry oil fiend who kills american soldiers for his own benefit, Dick Cheney. That should be reason enough not to vote for him. BUT!!! for all of you who dont understand politics or law, and understand the fundamentals of who actually runs the show, it doesnt matter who is the president. There will never be any change. Read the Quotes of Thomas Jefferson and his warning signs on what we are now seeing in are (WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A REPUBLIC!! BUT SOMEHOW THEY CHANGED IT TO A DEMOCRACY???? NOW ITS A CAPITALISTIC!!!).Big Corporations, and The Federal Reserve. Those are the Problems. They are the ones who control the show. The Fed pimps out the U.S and the Fed is Ran By European (ENGLISH) Bankers. 100% of your Tax dollars goes to paying the interest that the U.S owes the Federal Reserve!!! The IRS is also a PRIVATE CORPORATION! Its there to bust knee caps when the slaves dont pay. You see, people dont understand that the United States was a BOOMING and GLORIOUS PLACE!! in the late 1800's early 1900's. Thats when there wasnt any taxes. And yes the government can still be ran with out Taxing the hell out of the slaves. Go look it up and find out for yourself. But Once the Federal Reserve and The IRS was created, the Economics of the US became Jacked, because now we are dealing with FIAT Money, Money that has no value. research it. All of you people that argue over whos gonna be president this and that, LMAO, PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!!!!!! Do your research again and you will find out that there are less than 20 corporations that own ALL OF THE MEDIA COMPANYS IN THE US. The people that own those 20 corporations all have there hands dipped into politics business and the federal reserve, and dont forget FreeMasonry and other secret societies. ITS NOT A RACE ISSUE, ITS A GAME, ITS ALL A BIG SHAM, You are all getting played and Obama might not even know it, but hes getting played too....

Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post

You sound bitter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections