Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times

Advertisements

Of course in general it's the degree, but this thread is interesting. For the most part plastic surgery won't automatically make you more attractive, some of them have been all time disasters. But for the sake of this arguement lets Say it makes you really attractive.

If I'm a woman, and I had a choice between between having a degree and being really pretty I'd take being really pretty

But if I'm a man and i have a choice between between being really handsome and having a degree is take the degree(especially if its an impressive one) id take the degree easily.

I'm already handsome so maybe that factors into my decision, but if I wasn't I'd still probably take the degree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 08:45 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Those women are winners either way. If the husband gets a new wife...the "old" wife still gets free money, a house and possibly interest in the husband's retirement and investments. There's reason a lot of high-income people don't bother getting divorced.

Sooo...even when these attractive women get "replaced," they're still better off than a lot of us.
Exactly. Tiger woods wife got 100 million dollars. There not together anymore but she WON.

If Kobe's wife divorced him shed get millions also. But both of those women were only in that position to marry these men because they were attractive

Old 10-21-2012, 09:21 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Of course in general it's the degree, but this thread is interesting. For the most part plastic surgery won't automatically make you more attractive, some of them have been all time disasters. But for the sake of this arguement lets Say it makes you really attractive.

If I'm a woman, and I had a choice between between having a degree and being really pretty I'd take being really pretty

But if I'm a man and i have a choice between between being really handsome and having a degree is take the degree(especially if its an impressive one) id take the degree easily.

I'm already handsome so maybe that factors into my decision, but if I wasn't I'd still probably take the degree
Well, handsome Brad, in general men are attracted by visual beauty but women are attracted to power and in today's society that means money and position. So you're right on target.

I do think it is the duty of every person to try and ensure themselves a secure future financially. Men and women.

Yes, if she goes the surgical route she should really look around for the best possible, not use money as the first criterion.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 PM

467 posts, read 664,945 times
I got a degree but couldn't enter the work place because I needed surgery. I ended having the surgery but need a re-do. So I still can't really get ahead at work.

Yet many doors for entry level jobs won't open without the degree. So not going to school is a risk; only people who really have a vision for themselves should not go.

The real truth is people have to be obedient to their inner voice that tells them what to do. Life is organized- if you are supposed to get surgery, you will. If you don't go to school and the inner voice tells you you should, you won't be happy.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:44 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
I got a degree but couldn't enter the work place because I needed surgery. I ended having the surgery but need a re-do. So I still can't really get ahead at work.

Yet many doors for entry level jobs won't open without the degree. So not going to school is a risk; only people who really have a vision for themselves should not go.

The real truth is people have to be obedient to their inner voice that tells them what to do. Life is organized- if you are supposed to get surgery, you will. If you don't go to school and the inner voice tells you you should, you won't be happy.
I guess I have to find that inner voice.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:33 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Inner voice: "you must now go to Dr.Goldmans office and have your face smashed and resculpted or you will like a life of doom and misery, go on my child, go on"

Old 10-24-2012, 10:08 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Soooo what exactly do you think plastic surgery would get you?

Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Before and afters required!

Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Soooo what exactly do you think plastic surgery would get you?
For one,respect.
Have you ever been ignored in a store because of your looks?

Old 10-24-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Inner voice: "you must now go to Dr.Goldmans office and have your face smashed and resculpted or you will like a life of doom and misery, go on my child, go on"
Well,as I've said throughout this forum,people are known to get better treatment if they are attractive.
You could even ask people who were obese who got thinner. Most say they get better treatment now.
You probably don't have to worry about being ignored,cursed at, etc. So of course I wouldn't expect you to know what I'm going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty