Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 06:15 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,314,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelayne View Post
Most of the people I know balk at my food choices. For example my dinner of quinoa with chopped kalamata olives and tomatoes is absolutely unheard of to most of the people I know, and salads are 'rabbit food' because I don't use fatty, processed dressing. I think many need some education on what foods are good for us....
The only thing I like on salad are croutons and salsa. I can't stand the mayo based salad dressings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 10:14 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,229,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
"Curvy" is best exemplified by choice #3.

And if you don't choose option 3, you are obviously a homosexual.

I would tear that up.
I'd choose 2 in a heartbeat. No, I'm not a homosexual.

Like another poster mentioned, # 3 has a great chance of becoming even larger after a few kids. Add another 10-15 years she could become obese with a slowing metabolism.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:50 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyrue21 View Post
No she's definitely apple shaped that isn't ruler shaped is the least. Rulers are very proportional.

If she lost weight in her hips would be ok IMO. Her hips are 36" just imagine if her hips were 27 inches at the least 24" would make her perfect.
Are you Hispanic?

The reason I'm asking is because they emphasize the small waist and big hips,that's what they consider to be a nice shape.
I'm going by what I see in their beauty contests.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:19 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
I know what you're saying about Kate Upton, but after seeing
this video I am willing to look past any flaws in her shape...
Sweet, spicy, & Sexy. I love her body shape. Guys at Rutgers go crazy over her body and one of my friends has an entire folder with 395 photos of Kate Upton in a bikini.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I'd choose 2 in a heartbeat. No, I'm not a homosexual.

Like another poster mentioned, # 3 has a great chance of becoming even larger after a few kids. Add another 10-15 years she could become obese with a slowing metabolism.
I know I've mentioned this before on this forum, but the parallels between livestock judging and many men's comments on this forum are amazing.

"Oh, I can't marry her because there's potential that she might gain some weight in the future. Can't have that, now can we!"

Old 11-17-2013, 12:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know I've mentioned this before on this forum, but the parallels between livestock judging and many men's comments on this forum are amazing.

"Oh, I can't marry her because there's potential that she might gain some weight in the future. Can't have that, now can we!"
There is a reason we are called trophy wives..........

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
After reading this thread, I now understand how men define (straight ones at least) curvy:

"Do I think you are hot and/or want to see you in a skimpier outfit?" (Also known as do I think you are hot)

If so, you are curvy.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:40 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
While I definitely think that's true to a certain extent, and that women should be FAR more supportive with each other, the WORST comments I've ever received about my body have been from straight men. I mean, I ended up crying in the corner of a workplace because a few of the guys decided to tell me exactly what they thought was ugly about me. When I started crying you know what they said? "yeah, cry it up fatty".

I've NEVER had a woman be as mean and as horrible as the men I was around. Ever.
Wow. Screw those jealous feral dogs. Those guys are bullies who are scared & threatened by competition with women in a male dominant field. Point your middle finger in their face and move on with life if they think its OK to demoralize a woman to feel better. If they reacted in such a way, it usually means that you have won and are better than them at doing the job. Hope you are alright now, and wish you all the best in your new career.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:06 AM

663 posts, read 1,144,555 times
Quote:
EXACTLY!! Why would I keep myself in Excellent shape and then marry someone that lets herself go?

It's not just the physical appearance. What kind of marriage would you have if you love doing outdoor physical activity, but she can't answer the door without being out of breath?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:04 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
The few responses that said they would not pick number 3 because she may gain weight after kids or in 30 years. I wonder do you pick someone to date based on that too? So if you see a lady in everyday life you ask yourself if she has any wiggle room for weight gain? Sounds a little shallow. Do you think women wonder that about a male or if they will go bald in the future?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty