Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 03:13 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
This Black woman is the most preferred by men who prefer Black women. All the Black women I know are also preferred by men who prefer Black women. Its just that simple. You keep trying to convince us that we are the "least preferred", and your getting frustrated because we won't by the snake oil your trying to sell. Lol. Poor thing. Speaking of singing. I actually sing quite beautifully, and I write songs too. My tunes are generally uplifting and empowering. You soul needs healing. I hope one day you will learn to be a peace with being mixed in American society.
I'm not getting frustrated with anything. The black female posters are the ones obsessed with this topic, which is understandable but a bit odd

Mind you, the black posters are the only ones offended by this topic. And the black posters are also the only one defending themselves, so clearly, there is some truth to what I'm saying

Old 06-12-2014, 03:19 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,303,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
And going back to the THREAD, which has been derailed mostly by posters in denial, white women are seen as the most attractive because even in other cultures, stereotypical white features are coveted for a variety of reasons.

Symmetry is also preferred world wide and a lot of features that women of other backgrounds have (flat/wide noses, round/oblong faces, large lips, bad hair) are generally not symmetrical. Something usually stands out on their faces.
I am honestly beginning to feel quite bad for you. It is clear that you are quite young. You seem to be a bright and alert young lady, enrolled in college, and have a long future ahead of you. However, I'm not sure if you are learning anything in college. You also seem to be exceedingly sheltered and not well read AT ALL. Everything you are mentioning in your responses is based on your opinion, an opinion that has ZERO basis in fact and is unfortunately quite ignorant.

You talk about stereotypical white features and the presence of these features in other "races" is due to "mixing" with Europeans. This is very, very wrong. You talked earlier about East Africans being mixed. No they are not; you just made that up under your assumption that anyone that does not appear to be "sub-Saharan" African must be mixed. The East Africans I'm presuming you are describing (Ethiopians, Somalians, Eritreans, etc.) originate from the Land of Punt. These civilizations were never conquered, overrun, or even colonized until the late-19th century. Any "mixing" that took place is apparently inconsequential because it didn't seem to change their physical appearance. I strongly recommend taking an anthropology class at your college.

Do you realize that all of the features you describe as "stereotypical white features" actually came from "blacks". These "stereotypical" features were all found in "blacks" before the first "stereotypical white" person even appeared on the planet earth. Such "stereotypical" features include the quality of being:

"Blonde"

"Blue-Eyed"

"Thin-lipped and long-narrow nosed"

And even the quality of being "white" itself without albinism!

And surprise, surprise! "Asians" also trace their origins to Africa (Africans and Asians originating in similar latitudes NOT surprisingly share similar physical characteristics).

So for most of human history, all people were just "black" according to your description. Yet I seriously doubt any of them viewed themselves as black. The combination of physical features of what you describe as being "stereotypically white" has only regularly occurred together in populations likely within at most the last 7,000 years or so:

Stone-Age Hunter Had Blue Eyes And Dark, African Skin - Forbes

Your perspective on black women being the most undesirable based on their physical features is ridiculous. There are many white men who are with black women with "stereotypical black" features as their first choice and not some consolation prize:

WhiteGuyBlackGirlLove

I would tend to think the proliferation of people with "stereotypically black" features in America coupled with the average African American being of about 1/4 European ancestry (overwhelmingly the result of the input of white DNA from males and not European females) would tend to indicate that A LOT of men of different races found "stereotypically black" women highly desirable and not as some default choice. Many of the barriers you think there are to interracial relationships are not based on a lack of desirability, but social expectations individuals are burdened with by their families or peer pressure. Would this perhaps be the case in your sorority?

I think you need to broaden your horizons. Take advantage of your time in college to interact with people you wouldn't have the opportunity to do so otherwise. Enroll in a study abroad program for a semester. Take a summer class at an HBCU or community college with a majority "historically-underrepresented" student body. Volunteer at a diverse elementary school or after school program where you can see how kids do not have the same racial hang-ups as you and interact with one another quite freely. You think you may just be offending "black" women who are "jealous" of you () or "white" men with "Asian fever" (), but in case you haven't noticed you're pretty much offending everyone.

For example, chances are many of the "black" women you are insulting probably have some discernible "white" ancestry (if they are African American) and are aware of this fact. So this is why they are taking the high road and not insulting you because they are just as "multiracial" and "biracial" as you are. And while you may think you are just not being "PC", at least some astute politically-incorrect people incorporate some uncomfortable truths in their perspectives. Much of what you have been responding with is just factually-incorrect and plain ignorant.

And I would just like to add that your beliefs are quite ironic and sad at the same time simply because of what day it is:

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2...ng-v-virginia/

If it wasn't for this black woman and white man fighting for their rights up until 44 years ago today:

The relationship that produced you would not have been legal and likely got your parents thrown in jail!

Last edited by Steelers10; 06-12-2014 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: Add link

Old 06-12-2014, 03:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
I'm not getting frustrated with anything. The black female posters are the ones obsessed with this topic, which is understandable but a bit odd

Mind you, the black posters are the only ones offended by this topic. And the black posters are also the only one defending themselves, so clearly, there is some truth to what I'm saying
To be honest, I get annoyed with having limited makeup selection, non-matching bandaids, and sunscreen that makes me ashy.

And getting comments about not being like "normal" black people. All people should be able to see themselves in the mainstream media in a wide variety of roles. Stereotyping is evil for everyone.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:28 PM

445 posts, read 864,422 times
Quote:

I don't think the original poster posted anything else.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:30 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
Do you realize that all of the features you describe as "stereotypical white features" actually came from "blacks". These "stereotypical" features were all found in "blacks" before the first "stereotypical white" person even appeared on the planet earth. Such "stereotypical" features include the quality of being:
Winner winner! Since our common ancestry is all from the same place where else would we get all the variation in features from. I actually hope we don't all get a mixed look, considering it would be kind of boring.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Winner winner! Since our common ancestry is all from the same place where else would we get all the variation in features from. I actually hope we don't all get a mixed look, considering it would be kind of boring.
I agree! Diversity is nice.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I am honestly beginning to feel quite bad for you. It is clear that you are quite young. You seem to be a bright and alert young lady, enrolled in college, and have a long future ahead of you. However, I'm not sure if you are learning anything in college. You also seem to be exceedingly sheltered and not well read AT ALL. Everything you are mentioning in your responses is based on your opinion, an opinion that has ZERO basis in fact and is unfortunately quite ignorant.

You talk about stereotypical white features and the presence of these features in other "races" is due to "mixing" with Europeans. This is very, very wrong. You talked earlier about East Africans being mixed. No they are not; you just made that up under your assumption that anyone that does not appear to be "sub-Saharan" African must be mixed. The East Africans I'm presuming you are describing (Ethiopians, Somalians, Eritreans, etc.) originate from the Land of Punt. These civilizations were never conquered, overrun, or even colonized until the late-19th century. Any "mixing" that took place is apparently inconsequential because it didn't seem to change their physical appearance. I strongly recommend taking an anthropology class at your college.

"Blonde"

"Blue-Eyed"

"Thin-lipped and long-narrow nosed"

And even the quality of being "white" itself without albinism!

And surprise, surprise! "Asians" also trace their origins to Africa (Africans and Asians originating in similar latitudes NOT surprisingly share similar physical characteristics).

So for most of human history, all people were just "black" according to your description. Yet I seriously doubt any of them viewed themselves as black. The combination of physical features of what you describe as being "stereotypically white" has only regularly occurred together in populations likely within at most the last 7,000 years or so:

Stone-Age Hunter Had Blue Eyes And Dark, African Skin - Forbes

Your perspective on black women being the most undesirable based on their physical features is ridiculous. There are many white men who are with black women with "stereotypical black" features as their first choice and not some consolation prize:

WhiteGuyBlackGirlLove

I would tend to think the proliferation of people with "stereotypically black" features in America coupled with the average African American being of about 1/4 European ancestry (overwhelmingly the result of the input of white DNA from males and not European females) would tend to indicate that A LOT of men of different races found "stereotypically black" women highly desirable and not as some default choice. Many of the barriers you think there are to interracial relationships are not based on a lack of desirability, but social expectations individuals are burdened with by their families or peer pressure. Would this perhaps be the case in your sorority?

I think you need to broaden your horizons. Take advantage of your time in college to interact with people you wouldn't have the opportunity to do so otherwise. Enroll in a study abroad program for a semester. Take a summer class at an HBCU or community college with a majority "historically-underrepresented" student body. Volunteer at a diverse elementary school or after school program where you can see how kids do not have the same racial hang-ups as you and interact with one another quite freely. You think you may just be offending "black" women who are "jealous" of you () or "white" men with "Asian fever" (), but in case you haven't noticed you're pretty much offending everyone.

For example, chances are many of the "black" women you are insulting probably have some discernible "white" ancestry (if they are African American) and are aware of this fact. So this is why they are taking the high road and not insulting you because they are just as "multiracial" and "biracial" as you are. And while you may think you are just not being "PC", at least some astute politically-incorrect people incorporate some uncomfortable truths in their perspectives. Much of what you have been responding with is just factually-incorrect and plain ignorant.

And I would just like to add that your beliefs are quite ironic and sad at the same time simply because of what day it is:

Today in Supreme Court History: Loving v. Virginia

If it wasn't for this black woman and white man fighting for their rights up until 44 years ago today:

The relationship that produced you would not have been legal and likely got your parents thrown in jail!
The people you linked have 1 or 2 traits on their own. The hair doesn't mean anything if the other important features are exaggerated.

And I've never said that blacks cannot have blue/green/hazel eyes or blond hair. But it's NOT common and it's NOT typical.

And I never mentioned jealousy, you did. So maybe you should work on that inferiority complex you have.

Sounds like someone is in denial...

LOL@ all of the black posters trying so hard to convince themselves otherwise. It's pretty sad. This question was asked for a reason and it's not because "beauty exists within every race."

And again, I'll reiterate: the only posters who are offended are black woman and the guys with yellow fever. Even then, being offended doesn't take away from the reality of things.

Do you honestly think the question was asked because white women aren't seen as the pinnacle of beauty? Sorry, but no amount of ranting or linking unattractive African folks will change that.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:02 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,303,031 times
Quote:
The people you linked have 1 or 2 traits on their own. The hair doesn't mean anything if the other important features are exaggerated.

And I've never said that blacks cannot have blue/green/hazel eyes or blond hair. But it's NOT common and it's NOT typical.

And I never mentioned jealousy, you did. So maybe you should work on that inferiority complex you have.

Sounds like someone is in denial...

LOL@ all of the black posters trying so hard to convince themselves otherwise. It's pretty sad. This question was asked for a reason and it's not because "beauty exists within every race."

And again, I'll reiterate: the only posters who are offended are black woman and the guys with yellow fever. Even then, being offended doesn't take away from the reality of things.

Do you honestly think the question was asked because white women aren't seen as the pinnacle of beauty? Sorry, but no amount of ranting or linking unattractive African folks will change that.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gn.../#.U5oxpfldX6c

Melanesian Blondes - Black People with Natural Blonde Hair | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities

Actually blondness is quite typical among Melanesians. The rate of blondness in the Solomon Islands is the same rate of blondness in Ireland. Traits that you think are either atypical or exaggerated are the result of interprocreation in geographically-isolated areas among small bands which was VERY typical among humans. From the article above:

[LEFT]“If you can find a gene for blond hair that exists in Melanesia and nowhere else, then there’s no reason why those sorts of genes don’t exist all over the world in underrepresented populations, and affect not only hair pigmentation, but also disease-related traits.”[/LEFT]

What you think of as "NOT common and NOT typical" is actually the reverse. Educated people usually discern these things. Accordingly, you are half "black" and think African features are unattractive? I weep for your parents and the college that had the severe misfortune of admitting you.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Case closed: blonde Melanesians understood - Gene Expression | DiscoverMagazine.com

Melanesian Blondes - Black People with Natural Blonde Hair | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities

Actually blondness is quite typical among Melanesians. The rate of blondness in the Solomon Islands is the same rate of blondness in Ireland. Traits that you think are either atypical or exaggerated are the result of interprocreation in geographically-isolated areas among small bands which was VERY typical among humans. From the article above:

“If you can find a gene for blond hair that exists in Melanesia and nowhere else, then there’s no reason why those sorts of genes don’t exist all over the world in underrepresented populations, and affect not only hair pigmentation, but also disease-related traits.”

What you think of as "NOT common and NOT typical" is actually the reverse. Educated people usually discern these things. Accordingly, you are half "black" and think African features are unattractive? I weep for your parents and the college that had the severe misfortune of admitting you.
Who said I think African features are unattractive? Finding those people you linked means I find African features unattractive? And even if I did find them unattractive, I don't have typical black features...so...
And if I were white I still wouldn't find jalapeno noses attractive (as I don't now).

Again, when people think of the typical black American, the images you linked don't pop up in their head. Just like (if we're being honest), the average white woman doesn't resemble Elin Nordegren or a majority of the white women supposedly "promoted" in the media.

The average white woman is overweight and dumpy and shaped like Melissa Mccarthy.

And we're in the US, so it doesn't really matter what happens all the way around the world on a bunch of Islands where those people are still second class citizens.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:38 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,563 times
Quote:
I'm actually happy to be mixed, but apparently you didn't read my post.

But I guess you should sing that tune to all of the black girls weeping over the fact that they're the least preferred? dunno. especially since y'all are the only ones throwing hissy fits over my posts
I don't understand why you are so concerned about black women's dating options; -unless of course, you're Nyanna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.