Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 10:08 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times

Advertisements

In public or semi-public places, I don't see male nipple, underarms, or sweat stains. If there are regions where that's common, men should be told that's unacceptable. I do not concern myself with trends in underwear or pubic grooming and am not going to rant about that.

I have no wish to dress women (rather the opposite ). But I don't want to see on a wide scale things I find unattractive or repulsive to my values, and I don't want to be forced to compete for a limited supply of worthwhile women. I speak for myself and countless other men. Yeah, we men have tastes that vary, but I'll bet that many women are widely judged as only attractive enough for casual relationships (probably very short ones) or as sexy companions not worth marrying and that women like that often suffer emotionally as a result. Plus, there are women who aren't in bad shape yet don't get noticed because they are too frumpy or offbeat, though maybe they're uncommon among the young of this look-at-me generation and they're probably reclusive types anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 10:16 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
According to many posters on CD women should....

Wear make up and try to look more attractive. Also they need to not wear makeup and be natural.

Have sex with the males that want to have sex, but only with one. If they do have sex with several guys they are loose women.

Should wear clothes that don't reveal any part of their bodies, especially camel toe and cleavage. Except they should also dress in a more sexy way to please their men.

Women should also be more aggressive in bed, but only if that is the guys fantasy. If a guy rubs your back or buys you dinner it means you should put out.

Argh!!!! These threads make me nuts.

How about women should make up their own mind about how they dress and act, and men can do the same.

:-)
YOu forgot one thing.

Women should be discrete about breast feeding their baby in public, but wearing a sexy outfit is ok. Especially if you are attractive.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:21 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
In public or semi-public places, I don't see male nipple, underarms, or sweat stains. If there are regions where that's common, men should be told that's unacceptable. I do not concern myself with trends in underwear or pubic grooming and am not going to rant about that.

I have no wish to dress women (rather the opposite ). But I don't want to see on a wide scale things I find unattractive or repulsive to my values, and I don't want to be forced to compete for a limited supply of worthwhile women. I speak for myself and countless other men. Yeah, we men have tastes that vary, but I'll bet that many women are widely judged as only attractive enough for casual relationships (probably very short ones) or as sexy companions not worth marrying and that women like that often suffer emotionally as a result. Plus, there are women who aren't in bad shape yet don't get noticed because they are too frumpy or offbeat, though maybe they're uncommon among the young of this look-at-me generation and they're probably reclusive types anyway.
I've seen all that at the gym, running in the park, at the pool and beach. I've also seen it at bars in college in the summer. Men constantly take their shirts off,wear see through mesh shirts, or those weird work out shirts. Granted the guys with the mesh shirts are shaved and probably gay, but who knows.

You are fine in your desires and wants, but you do not get to dictate what women wear. Some women want to dress sexy, others conservative, and still others in a frumpy style. They wear what they want to wear, just like men do.

Focusing on the positives in your world will attract more than it will repell. If you want one of those rara Avis types, a better attitude will make you more attractive to them. Thus there is less competition.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
YOu forgot one thing.

Women should be discrete about breast feeding their baby in public, but wearing a sexy outfit is ok. Especially if you are attractive.
Hahahahaha....I know right? It's just feeding a baby. Some people freak out over that.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:27 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
wearing a sexy outfit is ok. Especially if you are attractive.
Of course it is (except maybe in the workplace or with a nasty or teasing attitude).

It goes with what's being called "women should look natural" but is really "women should look close to what they look like without adornments (with a prerequisite of a good base of attractiveness)." Because we're generally unmotivated to bother if we have no idea if she's attractive underneath the shapeless clothes and glasses, for example, and we're scared that the women who looks good that night might look terrible in the morning (or, more likely, after a few outings trying to get her comfortable enough to reveal herself literally -> which is the one good thing about naked selfies). We're not inclined to give women a free pass on the trickery because few of us men do it, except maybe with hair. Also, I think it's fair game for women to expect men to give strong clues about how fit we are underneath clothing.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:11 AM

2 posts, read 1,251 times
If you don't like how a woman looks, don't bother with her. Don't try to change her. That's not how relationships work, you don't get with a person to change them. That's a huge red flag.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyre of the Muses View Post
If you don't like how a woman looks, don't bother with her. Don't try to change her. That's not how relationships work, you don't get with a person to change them. That's a huge red flag.
I think that some are saying they want more women who fit their ideal form, so they have more to choose from. That the pool of attractive and conservative looking women is too small. They also just don't want to look at women who they find unattractive in revealing clothes.

That is a very egocentric point of view, but they are welcome to it. That's what is so great about living here. Everyone gets to do what they want and say what they want as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights. Also by espousing this view publicly, some women can be clued in and see the red flags.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:46 AM

100 posts, read 81,695 times
Oh yes honey, they are certainly welcome to it. I like it when I don't have to play no shady business of figuring out a person by what they say. Let 'em keep on providing the filter for me.

I just wish they'd say they wanted more women that fit their preference instead of getting high and mighty in the pulpit preaching to women about what they should do and how they should be, like what is going on here.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:04 AM

303 posts, read 396,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I think it is good that you listen to women you know about your appearance. I also think that if DH wants me to wear something or refrain from wearing another thing, I should listen to him. But I don't think that women need to hear grooming or dressing lessons from faceless men on a forum. And, even though I know they do it, I think women posting querulous questions about what men like on a women are asking the wrong questions to the wrong people.
Exactly. Even when I was single, I only cared about what people I found attractive thought about my appearance, and not enough to give them power of veto if I really liked something. Men aren't a monolith - there are certainly generational/culture/subcultural divides and differences in opinion. If the guy is not part of my "targeted demographic", or sounds like someone who I wouldn't get along with anyway, there's no social benefit to him finding me attractive, especially if it means I have to sacrifice my aesthetic preferences, time, effort, money or enjoyment (because the primary goal for many women in this area is fun, and not necessarily attracting men - men often don't care about how your nails are done or the quality/brand of your purse, but these can be points of interest and obsession among many women).

Old 04-01-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futts View Post
Oh yes honey, they are certainly welcome to it. I like it when I don't have to play no shady business of figuring out a person by what they say. Let 'em keep on providing the filter for me.

I just wish they'd say they wanted more women that fit their preference instead of getting high and mighty in the pulpit preaching to women about what they should do and how they should be, like what is going on here.
Yes, I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty