Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:16 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I'm more concerned about the people's comments of places they've just driven thru..without knowing anything about the area itself.

I'll comment on an area that I actally have knowledge of. The Parramore area of Orlando. 5xs as scary as Pine Hills. I go thru Pine Hills every day and haven't been murdered once.
That's true. I lived in Pine Hills. Nice house and neighborhood. People make a big deal out of it, but it is not that bad.

Parramore, yes. South OBT in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 05:12 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
You saw probably a 3 block area that you though was bad, call it the ugliest, dirtiest and scariest part of Florida when you have probably seen all of 2 cities in Florida and say this is very important information?

That is a joke.

Please let me know the areas by the International Plaza and Raymond James Stadium that were so terrible because I have never seen this area.
What is wrong with the areas around the airport in Tampa,Dale Mabry has some strip clubs but I think it's far from the worst,dirtiest area,and what's wrong with the International Plaza area?

Old 07-04-2010, 05:35 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
What is wrong with the areas around the airport in Tampa,Dale Mabry has some strip clubs but I think it's far from the worst,dirtiest area,and what's wrong with the International Plaza area?
Um. He is agreeing with you.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:57 PM

422 posts, read 649,508 times
The OP asked for people's opinions. Different things scare different people. Some people hate strip clubs and poor people enough to be terrified by them. I get it.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:05 PM

109 posts, read 439,985 times
I guess I have a hard time understanding the post that included, "Redknecks, Hicks and Poor trash blacks". They are all differant and do not really coexsist with each other. A Redkneck is not tolerant of a "Trash Black " and a "Hick" is a vast majority of country people????? Regarding areas, I have a little country in me and do not spook easily but I ended up in "Belle Glades" at 2:am one time and was a little uneasy.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:50 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Vineyards View Post
I guess I have a hard time understanding the post that included, "Redknecks, Hicks and Poor trash blacks". They are all differant and do not really coexsist with each other. A Redkneck is not tolerant of a "Trash Black " and a "Hick" is a vast majority of country people????? Regarding areas, I have a little country in me and do not spook easily but I ended up in "Belle Glades" at 2:am one time and was a little uneasy.
I've found in most areas of Florida that I've lived, (south of Ocala) that most areas and neighborhoods take all kinds.. I've seen black folks in small, backwoods redneck towns and i've seen confederate flags on trucks in black neighborhoods..

Florida is interesting in this way..

Old 07-05-2010, 05:11 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
Don't ask me, I was questioning the OP who thought it was the worst part of Florida.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:14 PM

209 posts, read 538,723 times
Quote:
You saw probably a 3 block area that you though was bad, call it the ugliest, dirtiest and scariest part of Florida when you have probably seen all of 2 cities in Florida and say this is very important information?

That is a joke.

Please let me know the areas by the International Plaza and Raymond James Stadium that were so terrible because I have never seen this area.
I didn't say the entire city of Tampa was bad. I mentioned one small area right as you're turning into the TIA. I'll go check my directions and get you the intersection. Hopefully that will clear things up.

UNIVERSITY WEST, also known as SUITCASE CITY by the locals, is primarily African-American and Latino, and is the area that has brought Tampa to the #10 slot on the list of Most Dangerous Cities in the USA. The area just west of Bruce B. Downs and just north of Fowler is not a very pleasant place to be, and I wouldn't be caught hanging around the University Mall parking lot after dark if I were you. Just north of downtown on Florida Ave. is not the most desireable locale, and Nebraska avenue is very well-known to the locals for its 'night-life', if you catch my drift.

Oh and by the way, I live in Miami part time, NYC the other and have a house in DC. I was born in Barcelona and have lived in Europe and the Middle east. So yeah, I think I know a bit about bad areas. I've traveled most of Florida, but admittedly not much of the gulf coast.

Last edited by oopsydaisy; 07-05-2010 at 12:29 PM..

Old 07-05-2010, 12:27 PM

209 posts, read 538,723 times
Quote:
Don't ask me, I was questioning the OP who thought it was the worst part of Florida.
Actually I think there are plenty of bad parts of Florida, but I've traveled quite a bit and I think there are scary parts everywhere. I happened to mention one small thing. I think it was the three separate people who approached my vehicle when I was stuck at a red light that really turned me off. To me, a creepy guy knocking on a young woman's car window while stopped at a red light is scary. Maybe that's just me....

Old 07-05-2010, 12:27 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsydaisy View Post
I didn't say the entire city of Tampa was bad. I mentioned one small area right as your turning into the TIA.

UNIVERSITY WEST, also known as SUITCASE CITY by the locals, is primarily African-American and Latino, and is the area that has brought Tampa to the #10 slot on the list of Most Dangerous Cities in the USA.

Oh and by the way, I live in Miami part time, NYC the other and have a house in DC. I was born in Barcelona and have lived in Europe and the Middle east. So yeah, I think I know a bit about bad areas. I've traveled most of Florida, but admittedly not much of the gulf coast.

If you think it bad that is your view
I have just seen much worse areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida