Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times

Advertisements

A lot of today's posters seem to be missing the latest story that Martin accosted Zimmerman as Zimmerman was returning to his SUV. Even if there were words between them before that, and Zimmerman was walking away, then Trayvon is the one who is at fault.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
Of course. Posters always jump on the bandwagon and start the commentary way before any facts besides what has been reported to that moment. Once the facts start to surface, you will find these individuals sitting back saying nothing because they are going to look stupid after running Zimmerman ran into the ground and making their wild claims and accusations.

I would imagine this wouldn't even be news if Martin shot Zimmerman during this altercation. It would just be another crime, no cries for arrest, no marches, no news coverage, no racists coming out of the woodwork threatening to hunt someone down.

Its the same on Florida bashing. Once you ask them to be specific or show some sort of backing to their accusations they disappear only to be heard from again on the next opportunity to spread trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
A lot of today's posters seem to be missing the latest story that Martin accosted Zimmerman as Zimmerman was returning to his SUV. Even if there were words between them before that, and Zimmerman was walking away, then Trayvon is the one who is at fault.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:49 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Agreed 100%, I too lived in the area at one point (near 1792 and Lake Mary Blvd.) I used to go into Sanford all the time and yes, It is for sure conducive to one.
Yup, I lived right near there.... Placid Woods (IIRC?) off of Airport Blvd..

Old 03-27-2012, 02:43 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
Quote:

Yeah I don't buy that. I don't buy the entire story to be honest. Nobody knows what happens and to defend either Trayvon or Zimmerman is just silly. Now, to defend whether or not there should be some sort of charges studies or looked upon is not silly because someone did die. But to say who did what is just plain silly. We don't know who was at fault, all we know is Trayvon is dead from gunshots, Zimmermerman and Trayvon had an altercation, Zimmerman had a gun, Trayvon didn't. Trayvon was not an angel by any means and neither was Zimmerman.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:04 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
The Daily Caller has a bunch of Trayvon's Tweets from the last couple month's. He was definitely no angel. At best I would describe him as a wannabe thug. But that's only an opinion from a brief scan of his tweets. Check it out for yourselves. He didn't seem to have much respect for women or girls of his age.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:07 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
Quote:
The Daily Caller has a bunch of Trayvon's Tweets from the last couple month's. He was definitely no angel. At best I would describe him as a wannabe thug. But that's only an opinion from a brief scan of his tweets. Check it out for yourselves. He didn't seem to have much respect for women or girls of his age.

Thats not a reason to murder him though.....

Old 03-27-2012, 03:07 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
Yup, it sure is. Just like it's coming for Zimmy. Nobody is exempt for paying for their crimes. Black, white, green or blue. I for one don't condone crime from anyone. You're taking this down a dark and ugly path with that statement and rolling that into this situation with Trayvon. He wasnt doing any of those things you listed, btw.
The path got dark and ugly when Sharpton and Jackson showed up to incite the people without knowing the whole story. They never show their faces and speak up to condone the violence when black youth are the perpetrators. But when the tide is supposedly turned ...

And BTW, you don't know the whole story unless you were there ...

Old 03-27-2012, 03:33 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
It will be nice when all of the vetted comments become a real record.

I'd also like to know that if this initial altercation happened by the car and sidewalk, how did the final encounter occur so far away between two buildings?

Another question is this. The shooting occurred when Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman. I don't know how he got the gun out of his waistband. But wouldn't Zimmerman's shirt be splattered with blood? I would think a shot to the chest or heart would produce a lot of blood.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:06 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Yup, I lived right near there.... Placid Woods (IIRC?) off of Airport Blvd..
Oh yeah, not too far at all, I lived off of Sir Lawrence and Lake Mary Blvd.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:08 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Thats not a reason to murder him though.....
No, but it's helping to prove that he wasn't exactly an angel that could do no wrong like the media and most people (that don't even know him) want to insist he was.

I mean honestly, look at his recent pictures on facebook and twitter and compare them to the pictures that the family have released for the media. The media pictures of Martin make him look like he's 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida