Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
No, but it's helping to prove that he wasn't exactly an angel that could do no wrong like the media and most people (that don't even know him) want to insist he was.

I mean honestly, look at his recent pictures on facebook and twitter and compare them to the pictures that the family have released for the media. The media pictures of Martin make him look like he's 12.

I dont have Facebook or Twitter so I cant. But the Media made Zimmerman look as though he was 17 or 18, your point?

Plus Trayvon was an A-B Student. I don't understand what everyone is going for quite frankly. The Media made Zimmerman look bad though he was in college. What is the point?

Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
No, but it's helping to prove that he wasn't exactly an angel that could do no wrong like the media and most people (that don't even know him) want to insist he was.

I mean honestly, look at his recent pictures on facebook and twitter and compare them to the pictures that the family have released for the media. The media pictures of Martin make him look like he's 12.
Exactly. Sad that he died, but he was certainly not innocent in this whole thing. Should he have been shot? Who knows? If he was going after Zimmerman, then yes.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:11 PM

670 posts, read 1,278,185 times
Wow smh poor zimmerman kidyankee

[/b]UOTE=kidyankee764;23597490]Exactly. Sad that he died, but he was certainly not nnocent in this whole thing. Should he have been shot? Who knows? If he was going after Zimmerman, then yes.[/quote]

Old 03-27-2012, 08:35 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:

It goes both ways. Media streams have also portrayed Zimmerman as your average concerned citizen. Alot has not been made about his three convictions all expunged including a felony and the fact is his dad is a judge. It really depends on the media you listen to.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
It goes both ways. Media streams have also portrayed Zimmerman as your average concerned citizen. Alot has not been made about his three convictions all expunged including a felony and the fact is his dad is a judge. It really depends on the media you listen to.
I try not to listen to any media anymore, the way the way they race baited this whole story is sickening..

CNN actually refered to Zimmerman as a "White Hispanic."

What the hell is a "White Hispanic" ? I guess it's just a way to keep that race angle going..

Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
[quote=Spring Hillian;23591571]
Quote:
What "force" was Martin facing?
Apparently enough to run, Zimmerman said so hinself.
Quote:
Zimmerman was not told to not engage the person. He was simply told he didnt need to do that.
He was told he didn't need to follow, which ultimately would lead to engagement.
Quote:
The law does allow someone to physically attack another for harrassing or stalking.
Never said it didn't....again Martin has the right to stand his ground as well.

Quote:
It's not self defense when you are on the ground getting your head pounded against the ground? If not, what is?
Seems like Zman opted out of self defense when he approached Trayvon after admitting Trayvon was running away

Quote:
Zimmerman was not committing any unlawful acts.
It's noted in FL Statutes concerning harrassment that a course of conduct means a pattern composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, evidencing a continuity of purpose.

I find it rather odd that Zimmerman can make the assumption that Martin was on drugs but can't initially identify if Martin was wearing jeans or sweatpants or couldn't tell if he was black, white or hispanic.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:35 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
What the hell is a "White Hispanic" ? I guess it's just a way to keep that race angle going..
Hispanic is an ethnic group; white is a race. If you paid attention the last time you filled out a census form, it explains the difference fairly well.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Hispanic is an ethnic group; white is a race. If you paid attention the last time you filled out a census form, it explains the difference fairly well.
You didn't answer my question.

What is a "white hispanic" ?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:44 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,594 times
Quote:
I try not to listen to any media anymore, the way the way they race baited this whole story is sickening..

CNN actually refered to Zimmerman as a "White Hispanic."

Same here...my reason: when I saw the Black Panthers "WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE " posters on the local news and watch the members hand out those DEAD OR ALIVE posters to the people in the crowd...IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?!!?

The reward for his "capture" I've heard two amounts $10K or 1 million $$$

New Black Panthers offer reward for capture of George Zimmerman - YouTube

snippet: NPR The Orlando Sentinel reports that Mikhail Muhammad announced the reward during a protest on Saturday, and when a Sentinel reporter asked if he was inciting violence, Muhammad said, "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

VIOLENCE ON VIOLENCE DOES NOT SOLVE VIOLENCE!

Right now there is so much spin on this tragic story it just turns my stomach!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Same here...my reason: when I saw the Black Panthers "WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE " posters on the local news and watch the members hand out those DEAD OR ALIVE posters to the people in the crowd...IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?!!?

The reward for his "capture" I've heard two amounts $10K or 1 million $$$

New Black Panthers offer reward for capture of George Zimmerman - YouTube

snippet: NPR The Orlando Sentinel reports that Mikhail Muhammad announced the reward during a protest on Saturday, and when a Sentinel reporter asked if he was inciting violence, Muhammad said, "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

VIOLENCE ON VIOLENCE DOES NOT SOLVE VIOLENCE!

Right now there is so much spin on this tragic story it just turns my stomach!!!
^^ This is what happens when the media cries racism and gets the whole country worked up, Now if Zimmerman DID kill this kid in self defense, he's going to have people trying to kill him !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida