Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 08:00 PM

34,198 posts, read 17,278,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxDude View Post
Do you even live in FL?
Family in several spots, plus many business trips. Great state on the rise.

Old 12-15-2021, 09:02 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,929,384 times
Quote:
Do you even live in FL?
Parents live there half the year. Great beaches, flora and fauna. Otherwise a train wreck. Both in weather and humanity.

Old 12-15-2021, 09:41 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,289,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Parents live there half the year. Great beaches, flora and fauna. Otherwise a train wreck. Both in weather and humanity.
We visited Austin, TX, and we like the topography of the area. However, Austin, TX is the San Francisco of Texas, a leftist controlled city. Maybe that's why I've heard that there are 70,000 homeless people that live in Austin, TX, and lots of crime.

Things are being done right in Florida, it's not a lockdown state. The lockdowns have proven to be a failure. They passed the strongest anti-rioting, anti-looting, and anti-arson laws in the nation. If you riot, loot, or do arson, you go to jail, where you belong. The no cash bail that allows the criminals to easily reoffend doesn't exists in Florida. Critical Race Theory, which promotes hate, is not going to be tolerated in Florida.

The weather is fantastic from November to May. The heat and humidity in the summertime isn't that bad, compared to the snow, ice, and cold up north.

Old 12-15-2021, 10:33 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,929,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
We visited Austin, TX, and we like the topography of the area. However, Austin, TX is the San Francisco of Texas, a leftist controlled city. Maybe that's why I've heard that there are 70,000 homeless people that live in Austin, TX, and lots of crime.
You've heard wrong. The homeless count is currently about 3000 in Austin. I know that because I helped them count.

But you knock yourself out in Florida. There are worse places to ride out the end of humanity.

Old 12-16-2021, 04:11 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,226,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post

Things are being done right in Florida, it's not a lockdown state. The lockdowns have proven to be a failure. They passed the strongest anti-rioting, anti-looting, and anti-arson laws in the nation. If you riot, loot, or do arson, you go to jail, where you belong. The no cash bail that allows the criminals to easily reoffend doesn't exists in Florida. Critical Race Theory, which promotes hate, is not going to be tolerated in Florida.

The weather is fantastic from November to May. The heat and humidity in the summertime isn't that bad, compared to the snow, ice, and cold up north.
Well said.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:21 AM

486 posts, read 521,492 times
With this post rekindling my discussion of leaving FL for TX with my wife, we are deciding to stay in Florida. After seeing a post about running on a Houston forum on another site, and seeing pretty much every comment saying you really should be carrying a pistol while running... I pretty much decided that was all I needed to know. Running is a big deal to me, and it absolutely wasn't like that when I lived there a decade ago. Its so much quieter where I am in Fernandina Beach, and my kids can play outside without parental supervision. No need to chase some extra money just to potentially lose that. We didn't have that in New England either.

I may not agree with everything our government has done over the past two years, but in general things are run well here. Also having been up in Massachusetts for Thanksgiving, its a hell of a lot better than where we came from! I am always shocked when I get off the plane in Boston and smell the pollution in the air.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:49 AM

Quote:
How does something that isn't being taught in schools even mean anything in a thread between TX and FL?
I don't know if the racist Critical Race Theory is being taught in the Florida schools. But there have been many stories in the news where it was claimed that Critical Race Theory doesn't exist and isn't being taught in the schools. Then there were cases discovered where Critical Race Theory was actually was being taught in the schools, but hidden from the parents. The teachers unions seem to want to secretly indoctrinate the students to create more leftists in America.

I think that the proposed laws are a good thing, so that if the Critical Race Theory, which promotes hate in America, when it's discovered, the citizens can sue and recover attorney fees. But I think that they need to go farther and make it possible to fire the teachers and school administrators if it's discovered that they are teaching Critical Race Theory in the schools. After the first teacher or school administrator is fired, the stealth teaching of Critical Race Theory will likely end quickly.

If the leftists actually believe that Critical Race Theory doesn't exist and isn't being taught in the schools, then the leftists shouldn't object to the proposed laws to ban teaching Critical Race Theory in the Florida schools.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
You made all of this about CRT when it is about FL and TX (which this isn't even an issue in the first place in either states). Also, "CRT" is already banned in FL after our Board of Education made this decision final (which is on the same level as a law). Go troll on the CA/NY Forums and watch from OAN for me you snowflake.
I see all you know how to do is call other people snowflakes. Please put your mask on so we can’t hear you as much.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
But you tell me and others to not wear a mask.

Be consistent, since you aren't ATM.
Has nothing to do with Covid, just please wear 2-3 masks so we can’t hear you whine.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
You made all of this about CRT when it is about FL and TX (which this isn't even an issue in the first place in either states). Also, "CRT" is already banned in FL after our Board of Education made this decision final (which is on the same level as a law). Go troll on the CA/NY Forums and watch from OAN for me you snowflake.
I think that you're confused! Conservatives are never called snowflakes. It's the woke leftists that are the snowflakes! I'm simply point out the differences between Florida and Texas. I don't know if Texas has gone as far as Florida to purge the state from the evils of Critical Race Theory, teaching pure hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Has nothing to do with Covid, just please wear 2-3 masks so we can’t hear you whine.
Make sure it's the cloth masks, not the N95 masks, since the cloth masks are only provide the illusion of protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida