Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 06:29 AM

4,544 posts, read 2,268,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Nope. I'm staying in FL and voting BLUE in 2022. We are staunchly opposed to this lunatic running our state into the ground.

The other choice would have been so much better? Remember the crack head found passed out in a hotel with a male prostitute? Is that your definition of a good governor? Truly pathetic.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:22 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Nope. I'm staying in FL and voting BLUE in 2022. We are staunchly opposed to this lunatic running our state into the ground.

I hope more transplants keep moving here since 2018 to finally end the 24 year reign of Republican control in this state. It has been a catastrophe for Florida. The public schools the environment, handling of COVID...all an epic disaster. And Ron's treatment of the media and journalists is a total disgrace.
The above post ought to serve as proof that what is going on in the world right now is a spiritual war. There is no other possible explanation for how an otherwise sane person could be as deluded as the poster above except for a spiritual explanation - a diabolical disorientation, a spiritual subversion of reality.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:55 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,276,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
The other choice would have been so much better? Remember the crack head found passed out in a hotel with a male prostitute? Is that your definition of a good governor? Truly pathetic.
I clearly remember that story about the "real" Florida Democrat governor candidate. Not the fake spin from the mainstream media about him. That would have been horrible to have a crack head governor, that's also a prostitute customer running the State of Florida into the ground! Look at how the blue states are failing, starting lockdowns for a variant that has a very low risk of serious consequences. It's pretty clear that the lockdowns have been a complete failure. It's clear that are limited population segments that are vulnerable to the virus, and those people should be protected. That's unlike the way the blue states caused more deaths in nursing homes, either due to incompetence, or they wanted more deaths to occur. The vaccinations reduce the severity of the virus, but some people have serious negative consequences after getting the vaccinations, or are advised by their doctors to not get the vaccinations. Natural immunity provides much better protection from the virus. The mandatory vaccinations are a very bad idea, that ignores true science. But the leftists don't believe any of that.

Hopefully, most of the mass exodus of people leaving the blue states won't vote to destroy Florida, the same way that they voted to destroy New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, Oregon, Washington State, and the rest of the New England blue states. I think what will happen is the blue states will become more blue and the red states will become more red.

I came from Minnesota, where there are a lot of people that are "milking the system". Freeloaders that are simply too lazy to work, and unwilling to learn things that would make them more valuable to potential employers. Our in-laws that are still in Minnesota seem petrified of the new variant. The crime rates have dramatically increased in the blue states too. It's a no brainer that if you defund or attack law enforcement, and decriminalize thefts up to $950 (in California), the criminals in society are giving a green light to commit more crimes.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:56 AM

4,544 posts, read 2,268,564 times
For those inquiring about Constitutional Carry in Florida.

https://browardtribune.com/report-fl...l-carry-state/

"A report by the South Florida Sun Sentinel suggests Florida is on track to become the 22nd constitutional carry state.

Constitutional carry is a “priority” for the Republican-led Florida legislature, the Sentinel reported.

Rep. Anthony Sabatini (R) has already introduced legislation to do away with the concealed carry permit requirement for Floridians. Open carry without a permit would also be legalized by Sabatini’s bill."

Old 12-21-2021, 11:26 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,339,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxDude View Post
I'll only believe it until it gets on the FL House/Senate floor for voting. I still do not trust the FL GOP since they are a bunch of money grabbing Country Club freaks.

People say the same thing about your posts, just sayin.

Yea, remember even Texas, and Oklahoma Tennessee all had troubles passing it. OK had a Republican governor veto it. Their new governor signed it.

Missouri had a moderate democrat governor who was in the past pro gun who vetoed it but it was easily overrode. It got passed in just its second year introduced.

Louisiana passed it, however a few months back their ******* governor vetoed it and they didn't have the votes for an override.

Alabama despite being heavily Republican can't get any traction to pass it because the sheriffs were complaining they'd lose money.

If Alabama can't get it done, it's not likely FL would be able to.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:10 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I clearly remember that story about the "real" Florida Democrat governor candidate. Not the fake spin from the mainstream media about him. That would have been horrible to have a crack head governor, that's also a prostitute customer running the State of Florida into the ground! Look at how the blue states are failing, starting lockdowns for a variant that has a very low risk of serious consequences. It's pretty clear that the lockdowns have been a complete failure. It's clear that are limited population segments that are vulnerable to the virus, and those people should be protected. That's unlike the way the blue states caused more deaths in nursing homes, either due to incompetence, or they wanted more deaths to occur. The vaccinations reduce the severity of the virus, but some people have serious negative consequences after getting the vaccinations, or are advised by their doctors to not get the vaccinations. Natural immunity provides much better protection from the virus. The mandatory vaccinations are a very bad idea, that ignores true science. But the leftists don't believe any of that.

Hopefully, most of the mass exodus of people leaving the blue states won't vote to destroy Florida, the same way that they voted to destroy New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, Oregon, Washington State, and the rest of the New England blue states. I think what will happen is the blue states will become more blue and the red states will become more red.

I came from Minnesota, where there are a lot of people that are "milking the system". Freeloaders that are simply too lazy to work, and unwilling to learn things that would make them more valuable to potential employers. Our in-laws that are still in Minnesota seem petrified of the new variant. The crime rates have dramatically increased in the blue states too. It's a no brainer that if you defund or attack law enforcement, and decriminalize thefts up to $950 (in California), the criminals in society are giving a green light to commit more crimes.
NONE of those blue states are "destroyed" by any means. Blue states account for 70% of US GDP. This country would be nothing without them. Do those states have big problems? Absolutely. But so do the red states!

Literally almost all of the top 10 states with the worst poverty, lowest education levels, high obesity rates and lack of opportunity are RED states like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, West Virginia, etc. The worst of the worst.

All of the New England states are a disaster? Are you kidding me?? They have THE best public schools in the country, excellent educational attainment, job opportunities, wealth and healthcare metrics. Crime is LOW and only concentrated to certain city neighborhoods.

By the way, defunding the police is a perfectly good policy, but with a horrible label. No one wants to hear about "defunding" the police. I get that. However, most police budgets in this country are gargantuan and a portion of their budgets could be used to redirect those funds to other services such as mental health, for example. Good policy, bad naming.

Too many people in this forum consume way too much right wing media with this constant narrative that blue states are a disaster and failing, when it could NOT BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH!!

Old 12-21-2021, 08:12 PM

Quote:
For those inquiring about Constitutional Carry in Florida.

https://browardtribune.com/report-fl...l-carry-state/

"A report by the South Florida Sun Sentinel suggests Florida is on track to become the 22nd constitutional carry state.

Constitutional carry is a “priority” for the Republican-led Florida legislature, the Sentinel reported.

Rep. Anthony Sabatini (R) has already introduced legislation to do away with the concealed carry permit requirement for Floridians. Open carry without a permit would also be legalized by Sabatini’s bill."
Lord help us. As if we need MORE guns in our society.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:18 PM

Quote:
And why does it matter that the prostitute was male? Are you homophobic or something??

All I know is that DeSantis is by FAR the worst governor in the USA right now, tied with Greg Abbot of Texas, and the WORST governor in Florida history. He is a Trump style politician, which is hugely unpopular nowadays and rejected by Americans loud and clear in 2020. He is divisive, treats the media very unprofessionally, passes all kinds of ridiculous authoritative laws such as anti protesting, sticking it to transgender athletes, requiring college faculty and students to register their political views with the state and potentially lose funding, withholding teacher salaries, sticking it to Joe Biden even if it harms the people of Florida, doing as little as possible to promote COVID safety, and so much more nonsense. He's a total NUT! His campaign commercials were absolute CRINGE.

I have never in my life lived under a worse governor and I've lived under governors of both parties in Connecticut, New York, Ohio and now Florida and Ron is the WORST.

But I'm not surprised that he will likely win in 2022 because Florida voters aren't very smart. In 2020, Florida voters overwhelmingly voted in favor of raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour (61% voted yes). Yet, Republicans are staunchly against that. I mean...wtf.

Old 12-22-2021, 07:56 AM

225 posts, read 178,371 times
Quote:
And why does it matter that the prostitute was male? Are you homophobic or something??

Yet, Republicans are staunchly against that. I mean...wtf.

Whoa, did Jena strike a raw nerve Nick? it was a factual statement based on reality

Old 12-22-2021, 07:59 AM

225 posts, read 178,371 times
Quote:
Lord help us. As if we need MORE guns in our society.
Sure we do...if a citizen wants a gun or guns, then fine.....it's the Bill of RIGHTS, not the bill of NEEDS for godsake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida