Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 06:16 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Its plain and simple.....I have no luck with pie crusts.....so the boxed rolled crusts have enabled me to make a pie or quiche.....this is a break thru for guys like me.

I do very well with the main courses....but have no skill when it comes to pies or other desserts.....(except amber's grandma's cheese cake came out very good for me.)
I'm totally with you there. I know how to make pie crust, but I can not do better than Pilsbury, and it's a royal pain. It is one of the few shortcuts I am not ashamed of.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:29 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
I'm totally with you there. I know how to make pie crust, but I can not do better than Pilsbury, and it's a royal pain. It is one of the few shortcuts I am not ashamed of.
I make a big mess in the kitchen and a terrible pie crust! I have tried a lot of different recipes and different shortenings from crisco to lard to butter. My mother used to turn out piecrusts like a cat turns out kittens...and the dough behaved under her fingers like marble responded to michaelangelo.....but me....it turns out like cardboard...and it breaks when I try to handle it and then it sticks to the pie plate and it is thick and tasteless......I love the pillsbury roll out crusts.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:47 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Good morning

Another day of not really cooking. Will have sunday leftovers which is pasta with garlic and olive oil and meat pattie with a veggie.

Elston..........I can't make a pie to save my life. I buy the crust already and just pop in the oven.
Made an apple pie and hubby asked me what it was supposed to be.
Yes.........he is still alive. LOL

Old 01-13-2009, 06:55 AM

849 posts, read 1,953,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernichole View Post
I'm a bad mom...I let her have a few as long as she promised there wouldn't be any issues waking up in the morning in time for school.
I'm a bad mom, too, but kids still turned out ok. It's a give and take sometimes. As long as she knows you are the MOM no matter what, it's alright.

Tonight, Cod, Salad, sourdough bread and some veggie...either spinach or broccoli.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:02 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Good Morning Foodies

Elston I am with you on the pie crusts. My sister makes amazing pies mine are pretty pathetic so I buy the ready-made ones and then if I need a cover I buy the boxed ones.

Tonight is scallops for a change.

Lacey stay warm and everyone have a great day.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
MWBW....you are right....religion class.... need to check....might be short lived...LOL.....

AND I am living my day as if it were Wednesday....dang.... it is only Tuesday.... already wishing for Friday.... what can I say? It is not Karate night.... might need to put that pizza off one more day. Dag nabit... thought I was getting off easy tonight. Eggplant needs to be used up, might bread that in the panko.... how do you think that would be???? Make cutlets.... Pasta....got some new whole wheat pasta been wanting to try. Sauce..... Have to head to Wegmans anyway so I will pick up some Mozzarella.... make a little eggplant parm with a panko twist? LOL..... there dinner is planned.....

Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Many years ago as a new wife I decided to make pie crust. Can you say disaster!!!!!!!!!! Pillsbury all the way for me.

Hey where's Cyn?

Old 01-13-2009, 07:23 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
I have never made a pie. Pre-made crust or not. I'd just rather eat it!!

Just popping in before school starts. Be back later.

Dinner tonight will be the leftover pot roast/beef stew

Old 01-13-2009, 07:24 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
I'm thinking of thawing out some leg quarters and going with them... Cool today and a little heat from the oven would feel good...

Old 01-13-2009, 07:24 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Good Morning Lacey....your weather is brutal!

I am thinking of baking an apple pie today......but I cheat and use the Pillsbury crusts....I did buy some nice cortland and mac apples....I will at least use real apples and brown sugar and spice and avoid the high fructose glop in the can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
I am with both of you. As a young cook, I made pie crust a few times, and it turned out perfectly well though not pristine. I am so happy to skip the mess and bother and use the pie crust in the red box!

Tonight for dinner.. I think the shrimp scampi pasta we never had last week, unless this youngish woman's mind turns to loving thoughts of stir-fry and oyster sauce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink