Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 07:28 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Ya mean I have to cross good friends, good food, good wine, good times off my 'important' list and start over ?

Y'all, I meant men don't understand the utter satisfaction that SHOPPING can bring. AHEM. Excuse me, I meant MOST men don't understand the post-shopping glow.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Hi, all. How's our newest non-smoker doing today???

Kimba, I like to make pork lo mein with leftover roast pork or chops. If you want, I'll tell you how I do it. It's real easy.

No idea what's for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll finally get my meat loaf.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:30 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
Good morning! We didn't do either of our dinner options yesterday....and opted to go out for Italian at our corner pizzeria instead. I had spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and salad, and BF had lasagna with garlic bread and salad.

Tonight is probably the steaks with garlic mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. However, we might check out the rodeo that is in town (I've never been to one) and if so, might just get something there.

TGIF!! This has been a looooonnnnngggg week for me.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Y'all, I meant men don't understand the utter satisfaction that SHOPPING can bring. AHEM. Excuse me, I meant MOST men don't understand the post-shopping glow.

Well yeah, the shopping thing STILL confuses me although I have at times enjoyed it when with the right person

Old 01-23-2009, 07:38 AM

48,139 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Default pork lo mein

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post

Kimba, I like to make pork lo mein with leftover roast pork or chops. If you want, I'll tell you how I do it. It's real easy.

Of course we want to know! At least I do!

Old 01-23-2009, 07:39 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post

As planned, we ate at Nick's, which has been a State Street fixture for probably longer than I've been alive, judging from the decor, and it was simply wonderful, as always. Never fancy, never pretentious, not a huge menu, but every single thing they serve is wonderful.

That sounds GREAT I love places like that!

So much the better if they're on motorcycle friendly roads, the search can be as enjoyable as the destination.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:56 AM

1,309 posts, read 4,192,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Good morning! Tonight is probably the steaks with garlic mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. However, we might check out the rodeo that is in town (I've never been to one) and if so, might just get something there.

TGIF!! This has been a looooonnnnngggg week for me.
Have fun! I've been to the rodeo here in Hernando County, FL, and this city girl actually had a lot of fun. I wish I would've gone to the rodeo in Vegas when I had the chance.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 AM

48,139 posts, read 22,010,341 times
I am making a spicy chicken soup at this very moment....is seasoned with ginger and red pepper flakes....I sorta was inspired by the Pensky Spice catalogue that just came in the mail.....but lacking Cayenne Pepper, I used a generous amount of red pepper flakes... I also added a carrot and some napa cabbage that needed to be used...and will make wide noodles to serve in it.....but following their advice of cooking the noodles seperately and adding the amount needed at time of serving...and keeping some noodles in fridge for subsequent servings...(noodles don't stand up well to multiple re- heatings)

Am getting estimates today....for interior painting for the LR, DR, family room, kitchen and an upstairs hallway. It is a lot of fun to consider and choose colors.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Good morning

Happy birthday kshe.

I'm glad you are feeling better cyn.

MBW- It sounds like you are living it up. Good for you.

HG- Rodeo's are neat. I went to one in CO., WY., and NC.

After breakfast I am making my meat sauce for a big pan of lasagna. The house will soon be smelling wonderful.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:27 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post

I would love to know! Right now, I have leftover spaghetti, leftover beef roast and pork roast in my fridge. I need to invest in a seal a meal to freeze this stuff. I don't usually have a problem with leftovers but my husband is working out of town so now there always is and I don't want to waste them. I never did get into the freezing ahead thing. He would always eat them up when he got home from work or take them to lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink