Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2008, 10:51 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post

This doctor said that I will have to have another surgery or be on crutches with a knee imobilizer the rest of my life. Now if only I can find a doctor who is willing to help me without having to fly out of state again (can't afford that now since I'm on disability.)
So sorry to hear that...sending you very best wishes...hope you find a good doc and it gets well soon!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:53 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Did it work well - the Pank Pollock - any tips?

It's been hailed by some chefs as a good replacement for Atlanitic cod, which is overfished ... I think it's good that the chefs are doing a bit of PR for the poor old cod, not sure if the pollocks would agree tho .
Yes i did see that they caught a codfish with a button that read, "Eat More Pollock! It's Good For You!"

I dusted pieces with flour then dipped in beaten egg, then in panko flakes. It fried up beautifully; golden brown and crunch on the outside.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:57 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Molochai-wow! We have a wonderful ortho here in Alexandria-O know we're a few hours from you but may be worth a shot.
Well, if this doctor tries to transfer me then, I'll give it a shot.

This is why I hate Mayo Clinic, always being transferred around.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Yes i did see that they caught a codfish with a button that read, "Eat More Pollock! It's Good For You!"

I dusted pieces with flour then dipped in beaten egg, then in panko flakes. It fried up beautifully; golden brown and crunch on the outside.
Sounds delish - was wondering if it would work in the oven - I usually do chicken panko in the oven - or is fish too wet I wonder...think I'll try it and find out...

Old 09-11-2008, 11:01 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times
I am thinking about you Molochai.........

Last night we went to look at houses and then stopped by our local taqueria for Mexican grub since it was late and we were too tired to cook. I had chicken enchiladas smothered in green chile with rice and beans. Very good and cheap too. Washed down with a margarita of course

Tonight we will grill some pepper steaks and have garlic mashed potatoes with brown gravy and roasted asparagus (or maybe broccoli) to go with.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:15 AM

Elston - yes the chicken does brown nicely (i usually do garlic butter panko) and I throw a few extra handfuls of seasoned panko on the baking sheet for the last 5 mins in the oven - they brown fast and soak up the garlicky juices too. Then I scatter the extra panko on the plates along with the chicken pieces - everyone loves that crunchy texture!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:20 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Elston - yes the chicken does brown nicely (i usually do garlic butter panko) and I throw a few extra handfuls of seasoned panko on the baking sheet for the last 5 mins in the oven - they brown fast and soak up the garlicky juices too. Then I scatter the extra panko on the plates along with the chicken pieces - everyone loves that crunchy texture!
I think you mean that instead of an egg wash...you dip the chicken (or fish) in garlic butter then in the panko.....I am sure it would work just as nicely with the fish.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I think you mean that instead of an egg wash...you dip the chicken (or fish) in garlic butter then in the panko.....I am sure it would work just as nicely with the fish.
Yes, exactly - the butter gets the browning process going I imagine, and goes well with the garlic. Thought I'd do the same with the fish but less garlic and add some chopped flat-leaf parsley and lemon zest to the panko.

I'm getting hungry now!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:50 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
Quote:
I'm getting hungry now!!!
I always get hungry as I read all the goodies in this thread.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:45 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Finally! I figured out what I'm making for dinner. Baked fish with braised potatoes and fresh asparagus! And yes, sliced tomatoes. The season is getting near the end here so we are taking full advantage of those super good tomatoes! I'm thinking about baked chicken thighs tomorrow night so maybe I'll get them out of the freezer now as they will take most of the day to thaw! They are huge! The legs are attached. I'll figure out what will go with it tomorrow! Today has proved to be a good day although many sad memories! I will forever keep this day close to my heart. My brother has spent many months/years fighting for our country over in the Middle East...and it all began with this day 7 years ago! My thoughts and prayers go out to each and every one of the people in our country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink