Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,137,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Post early and my family will be happy too.
I hope this is early enough, Nomadicus.

Creeping Crust Cobbler

-Preheat oven to 375°

-Melt 1-2 sticks salted butter (real butter!) in 9x12 pan or 2 - 8" or 9" baking pans in the preheating oven. Watch carefully not to burn the butter. The preheated baking pan and melted butter are the magic of this recipe.

-Mix together in a medium bowl:
2 C. flour
2 C. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder

-Add 1 Cup of milk to the dry ingredients and stir briskly together - no beater!

Fruit: 6-8 apples peeled, sliced and sprinkled with 1/2 C.sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon.

Or, one can Cherry Pie Filling, peaches instead of apples (add some nutmeg and/or almond extract for peaches) or any other fruit that you prefer, including berries.

-Pour the batter directly over the puddle of melted butter being careful not to stir the batter into the butter. Do not stir or smooth out the batter!!

-Spoon the fruit over the batter, again being careful not to stir - just spoon randomly over entire batter.

-Bake 35-40 mins. until top is browned and fruit is baked through. The batter will rise to the top while baking absorbing much of the butter. The fruit will be on the bottom.

Delicious!! Enjoy, Nomadicus and all!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Thumbs up Simple for a simple mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
I hope this is early enough, Nomadicus.

Creeping Crust Cobbler

-Preheat oven to 375°

-Melt 1-2 sticks salted butter (real butter!) in 9x12 pan or 2 - 8" or 9" baking pans in the preheating oven. Watch carefully not to burn the butter. The preheated baking pan and melted butter are the magic of this recipe.

-Mix together in a medium bowl:
2 C. flour
2 C. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder

-Add 1 Cup of milk to the dry ingredients and stir briskly together - no beater!

Fruit: 6-8 apples peeled, sliced and sprinkled with 1/2 C.sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon.

Or, one can Cherry Pie Filling, peaches instead of apples (add some nutmeg and/or almond extract for peaches) or any other fruit that you prefer, including berries.

-Pour the batter directly over the puddle of melted butter being careful not to stir the batter into the butter. Do not stir or smooth out the batter!!

-Spoon the fruit over the batter, again being careful not to stir - just spoon randomly over entire batter.

-Bake 35-40 mins. until top is browned and fruit is baked through. The batter will rise to the top while baking absorbing much of the butter. The fruit will be on the bottom.

Delicious!! Enjoy, Nomadicus and all!
This looks like a real easy one to do. Even I can do if I don't have to crank up the Kitchen Aid. Thanks for posting such a great idea.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:56 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
GEM - Girl! This is going to be my next "cobbler" and see if the "rednecks" like it!!!????? I will try to use blackberries, what do you think?

Old 09-14-2008, 03:16 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Texas Taco Platter!

Old 09-14-2008, 04:45 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Gem

Thank you for the Creeping Crust Cobbler. I can't wait to give it a try; but first I have to finish the delicious cheese cake that I baked following Amberbaby's Grandmother Craine's recipe blessing upon blessing!

That cobbler sounds fantastic......I want to do it soon. I can't decide, apple or peach or cherry...or berries. like I said above blessing upon blessing.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:49 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Hey, Amberbaby...have a very happy birthday... do something that puts a smile on your face...I already had a pc of cake for ya...

Glad my little "full heart and belly" phrase was such a hit last night. LOL But it is so true, isn't it? My brother will be leaving after the ballgame this afternoon...I swear this weekend flew by all too quickly... luckily The Holidays will be here before we even know it and then we can REALLY talk about a full heart and belly! For me that means Thanksgiving and Christmas...Can't wait! My two favorite holidays with my family.

Unsure of what the plans are for tonight. As I mentioned prior, my sis and BIL are Veg so we are always trying to keep that in mind when we go out. MY mom doesn't really enjoy cooking vegetarian...so I am assuming (and I always use that word lightly- you know what they say) we will be going out again... sounds good to me... I won't be cooking either way. Makes MY life easy...

You all have a great day and enjoy the rest of you weekend! I know I am enjoying my PAIN FREE weekend that is for sure! It has been wonderful! You all have been so sweet showing such concern over the past few days... what good CD friends I have on here...

Old 09-14-2008, 05:08 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBER!!!! You make me so proud!

I can remember today 28 years ago like it was yesterday...what a blessing!!

Old 09-14-2008, 05:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Happy Birthday Amber!!!! Enjoy every second.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:59 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Well, Happy B'day, Amber.

Elston, your ham dinner sounded terrific. Sorry I missed it. Got any cheesecake I can have with my morning coffee???

Gem, that cobbler sounds too good. I can hear my arteries clogging up as we speak.

We bought a couple of Cornish hens on Thursday, planned to have them last night, but we made the mistake of going to a burger joint for late lunch and tummies couldn't handle dinner too. So, tonight, I think it will be the hens for DH (I don't care for them for some strange reason - too gamey tasting for me), a stuffed chicken breast for me, fresh green beans and a carb of some kind.

Have a great day, all.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:03 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
who knows about supper.....we had Ham and Eggs for breakfst nice to have ham in the fridge from last nights supper.....I would be happy to have cheesey potato scollop for supper with ham chunks...but that is not the type of dish DP would enjoy and no way since we had ham for supper and then for breakfast....I will probably cook fish for supper...maybe pan fried salmon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink