Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2008, 06:56 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

Amber please share your Grandma Craine's rice pudding recipe!

I was going to make her cheesecake today but I only bought one package of cream cheese.....I didnt make a list and didnt realize it calls for 16 oz. But I can make a quick trip to the store.....I also missed some other non recipe related items.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:28 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,060,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Two questions: what are Irish nachos?
what goes on the Vietnamese sandwhich?
Vietnamese sandwich -

Five spice chicken or pork, pickled Asian slaw, lots of garlic mayo, chilli, cilantro, cucumber & lettuce in a crusty white roll!!! Deeelish!!!

The pickled grated carrot/radish is easy to find at an Asian store if you can't face making it yourself!

Lots of recipes available, but you can adapt 'em!

w/chicken
Vietnamese Sandwiches with Five-Spice Chicken Recipe at Epicurious.com

w/pork
Recipes : Vietnamese-Style Sandwich: Banh Mi : Food Network

w/steak
Vietnamese Steak Sandwich - Recipe - AOL Food

Irish Nachos - use fries instead of corn chips....?

Last edited by southdown; 09-12-2008 at 08:00 AM..

Old 09-12-2008, 07:55 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
I think I will end up making an omelette tonight. Didn't take anything out of the freezer.

Either that or I will just HAVE TO be taken out to dinner!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:56 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Irish Nachos are made different ways...some are done just like actualy nachos....nacho sauce salsa, olives, taco meat, onion, sour cream... just with frie....others make their Irish Nachols like Loaded Fries...cheddar, bacon, ranch, scallion... I have had both... Last nights was the loaded fries but I just say I like the nacho fry version best.

And today I am feeling pretty good... my sister is coming into town tonight and bringing her needles... she is going to use my face as a pin cushion... lol... doing accupuncture.... never had it done... she is a Chinese Medic... we shall see how it goes... wish me luck... I am a tad scared... (and she wants me to give up my COFFEE)

Old 09-12-2008, 07:57 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
OMG look at that spelling... so sorry

Old 09-12-2008, 07:58 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Irish Nachos are made different ways...some are done just like actualy nachos....nacho sauce salsa, olives, taco meat, onion, sour cream... just with frie....others make their Irish Nachols like Loaded Fries...cheddar, bacon, ranch, scallion... I have had both... Last nights was the loaded fries but I just say I like the nacho fry version best.

And today I am feeling pretty good... my sister is coming into town tonight and bringing her needles... she is going to use my face as a pin cushion... lol... doing accupuncture.... never had it done... she is a Chinese Medic... we shall see how it goes... wish me luck... I am a tad scared... (and she wants me to give up my COFFEE)

Ahhhh, the joys of acupuncture! I've done it a bunch of times for the smoking cessation, until it finally worked! along with some other aids.

But acupuncture is actually really good for just about anything as long as the acupuncturist knows what he/she is doing. The needles do get on my nerves after a while though and I have to take a break.

good luck!

Oh, what I really wanted to say was that she's right about the coffee. You know caffeine gets blamed for a whole lot of problems. I think headaches is way up high on the list.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:12 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Dinner tonight could be interesting. My wife is working all day and is going right to the first night of a continuing education class that meets Friday nights and all day Saturday for the next three weeks. So I'm home alone all day, and it's my birthday.

So, do I enjoy some leftovers? Do I go get some great ingredients and cook for myself? Do I go out and have dinner for one? Do I wait until 9PM tonight when she comes home and go out - if I'm still awake? Do I just call Domino's?

I have absolutely no idea

Old 09-12-2008, 09:19 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
If I were you I would go out and buy some fantastic ingredients and cook at home...the question being would I wait till she came home or eat alone....it depends on whether she will be hungry when she gets in.....if so ....wait dinner and give her time to unwind when she gets in. But of course I am not you.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:20 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Dinner tonight could be interesting. My wife is working all day and is going right to the first night of a continuing education class that meets Friday nights and all day Saturday for the next three weeks. So I'm home alone all day, and it's my birthday.

So, do I enjoy some leftovers? Do I go get some great ingredients and cook for myself? Do I go out and have dinner for one? Do I wait until 9PM tonight when she comes home and go out - if I'm still awake? Do I just call Domino's?

I would order out. Not necessarily pizza but any delivery would last me a couple of meals.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:26 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,060,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post

Hmmm - how about pretending tomorrow is your birthday and have a great big Saturday night out!!???

Tonight...have a pizza in front of the TV and watch a good movie....

Happy Birthday to you - whatever you decide to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink