Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2018, 09:42 PM

38,909 posts, read 22,906,011 times

Advertisements

Trader Joe's orange chicken with brown rice
Salad

Old 12-06-2018, 10:32 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,427,685 times
We went to the local culinary school tonight..

“A Student-run Dining Room”

Thursdays from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
December 6, 2018
An Unlimited Trip Dine-In Experience

Assorted Salads, Soup and Freshly Baked Breads

Carved Top Round of Beef Au Jus
Rosemary Pesto Grilled Chicken Breast with Lemon Caper Sauce
Goat Cheese Crusted Salmon with Lemon Beurre Blanc

Assorted Side Items and Fresh Vegetables

Lavish Dessert Selections

$12.00 (Adults) per person

Old 12-06-2018, 11:20 PM

3,850 posts, read 1,791,151 times
Lemongrass tofu, bell peppers, onion and rice. Hot Vietnamese coffee.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
sounds like some of us are experiencing winter weather or thinking of winter. So many are doing soups and chili. We are having cream of chicken soup with spinach and potatoes in it I will start it in a few hours and cook it all day. As for what else? Probably sliced apples and cheeses.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post

December 6, 2018

can't rep you again so will just say: sounds wonderful.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:08 AM

3,105 posts, read 2,008,537 times
Quote:

The menu sounds delicious. How does that work? Do you make reservations & is it set up like a fine dining restaurant or more cafeteria style? How many tables & is it crowded? My mum ate once at a culinary school's dining room... it was way out in western MA, which was too far from Boston, so it wasn't possible for us to visit... they served lunch menus... she said the whole experience was fantastic.

And, how was you dinner?

Old 12-07-2018, 10:28 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:

December 6, 2018

I've been meaning to do that! Thanks for the reminder.

Tonight is beef stew with lots of veggies.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-07-2018, 12:10 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,427,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
The menu sounds delicious. How does that work? Do you make reservations & is it set up like a fine dining restaurant or more cafeteria style? How many tables & is it crowded? My mum ate once at a culinary school's dining room... it was way out in western MA, which was too far from Boston, so it wasn't possible for us to visit... they served lunch menus... she said the whole experience was fantastic.

And, how was you dinner?
The dinners are always wonderful. The desserts alone are well worth the price.
It's more of a lunch room style setup, they also do lunch menu 4 days a week that's only for an hour.
It's open to the public but serves the school staff and students as it's a technical college..

For dinner the line is huge, but if you get there after 6 it goes very fast. There is nothing fancy except the food.

You pay, grab a tray and drinks or coffee, last year they had fountain beverages this year they had a cooler with assorted bottled soda (included) or they offer iced tea and coffee. Then you just move on up, starting with salad, soup and bread and move on to the hot entrees. They slice, dice, scoop and serve.

In the middle they have a big table with assorted desserts, of course right now the theme is a lot of pumpkin type items. Cheesecakes, fresh cookies, cake, berries and bread pudding. They have a great flan, melted chocolate, fresh whipped cream.

You can go back for more but I can only remember one time I did and it was for roasted brussels sprouts that I couldn't seem to get enough of..

The desserts on the other hand, I could walk out a diabetic..

Old 12-07-2018, 12:25 PM

16,395 posts, read 30,300,419 times
Quote:

December 6, 2018

I have experienced MANY meals at culinary schools. They are fairly reasonable and generally, the food is very good. Sometimes the service is, well honestly, a little lacking but generally what the students lack in experience, they make yup for in enthusiasm.

Unfortunately, locally in Tucson, most of the culinary programs have shut down as they were affiliated with "for profit" universities.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:37 PM

3,105 posts, read 2,008,537 times
Quote:
The dinners are always wonderful. The desserts alone are well worth the price...
Thank you, kindly, Caligula, for taking the time to provide so much detail. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a similar local place. It's a great idea, ya can't beat the price & food & I'm sure it's great training for the culinary students. Glad you enjoyed!

For me, dinner was early... a ham shoulder sandwich on bakery 7-grain bread with brown mustard. I was too hungry & tired to add lettuce, artichokes, olives, but... next one, since I'll be eating them for a few days. I rarely eat sandwiches... maybe 6/yr... so love them when I finally break down & have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink