Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 12:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

I had never made carnitas. I found a recipe in an IP cookbook, and made them last night. Really good. Will do this again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 03:48 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times
Nothing earth-shattering, but I just had a very good sage derbyshire slightly melted on rye. I had never had the sage variety before--delicious.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:34 AM

4,691 posts, read 3,468,109 times
Yesterday I finally tried Walkers Prawn Cocktail Crisps. Holy cow!! They are wonderful! They might just take the number one spot from beef & onion flavor for me.
I tried Walkers Crisps for the first time in November. I bought a meaty variety pack. They quickly became a favorite in our house. My favorite being beef and onion and everyone else has roast chicken as their favorite. When I ordered this time I made sure we could try prawn cocktail flavor. I am sure glad I did!!

Old 01-27-2018, 11:58 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Yesterday I finally tried Walkers Prawn Cocktail Crisps. Holy cow!! They are wonderful! They might just take the number one spot from beef & onion flavor for me.
I tried Walkers Crisps for the first time in November. I bought a meaty variety pack. They quickly became a favorite in our house. My favorite being beef and onion and everyone else has roast chicken as their favorite. When I ordered this time I made sure we could try prawn cocktail flavor. I am sure glad I did!!
I've been buying these from amazon too. This must be your fault.

I liked the Prawn Cocktail, but so far I think Pickled Onion has been my fave crisp flavor. The smoky bacon is pretty incredible too.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:21 PM

4,691 posts, read 3,468,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I've been buying these from amazon too. This must be your fault.

I liked the Prawn Cocktail, but so far I think Pickled Onion has been my fave crisp flavor. The smoky bacon is pretty incredible too.
I haven't tried the pickled onion yet. I will make sure it is in the next pack I buy.
The smoky bacon is pretty good. Actually I haven't ran across a flavour I don't like yet!

Old 01-27-2018, 02:49 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,419,236 times
Due to travel and having the flu, I haven't made anything new this year yet.

However, I want to repeat something I made for the first time last year: Sichuan Mapo Dofu. Thanks to a good recipe and authentic ingredients, it was good and compared well with what I've have in restaurants in the US and in China. That really surprised me. I've had not-so-good (and good) versions in the US and UK. Good and/or OK versions in China (including Taiwan and Macao as well as the mainland). Perhaps its a matter of taste. The worst I had was in London's Chinatown, where it was bland and came with English peas. Admittedly, the waiter there tried to talk me out of ordering it.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:52 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Bought a whole smoked tri tip for around $25 and brought it home, sliced, and ate. I had never tried a tri tip before - we usually have ribeye or NY steak, sometimes filet or sirloin depending on cash-flow, but until recently I'd never tried tri tip.

Bought two whole tri tips, one I dry rubbed and the other is marinating in a homemade teriyaki-type soak. Will be going in the smoker tomorrow.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:20 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,419,236 times
I will have to do some research on tri-tip. I live in Houston and never heard of it until it started being popular in LA, to which I travel frequently. Mostly in BBQ restaurants there. So ... I'm wondering if its a cut not usually used in Texas for BBQ or just a name for a cut similar to (or the same as) what we get here.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:24 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Fried soft shell crab

Old 01-28-2018, 10:36 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,412,706 times
We stopped at an import store last night to get some tea and walked out with a box of Grace's Irish Oatmeal Biscuits. Oh, my... These are delicious! More like shortbread than an oatmeal cookie, but they are absolutely wonderful with tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink