Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 05:05 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

SO many great dinner ideas here last night--yummy!
MWBW, you are 100% right about if I made it through this year without smoking then it should be downhill from here!! It is already so much easier. I rarely even think of having a cigarette but once in awhile a craving sneaks in. It's kinda like that little devil and the little angel sitting on your shoulders--ha!!
Well our dinner didn't happen--rain, lightening and thunder kept us in the house so no grilled rib-eyes.
I thawed some cube steaks in the micro and had the potatoes I had baking and some carrots for dinner. Looks like tonight we can BBQ those rib-eyes!! The weatherman said we won't have much rain for the next few days..we'll see.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:15 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Well I am having one of those nights where I really wished I had a bottle of wine and a bubble bath! My kids for some reason aren't listening worth beans tonight! .... but man oh man I think I am ready for my Staycation with Hubby this weekend!!!!!! How mean is that? They are up in bed- I have had enough.... the car ride home from karate did it.... ugh..... I think I need some chocolate and of course I am a woman who doesn't eat it so I don't buy it so I don't have it in the house.... MAN!!! I don't even have chocolate chips in the house!!!! and the last of the ever lovin' S&V Chips are gone!!!!!!!!!! dang....... What's a crazed looney Mom to do? I guess I just have to sit down and watch Confessions of a Shopaholic and destress..... I will check back later when my muscles unwinds and perhaps I can read about food without attacking the pantry
Someday, you will miss the bickering in the back seat.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:30 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I don't miss the bickering in the back seat......but after all these years.....I do get a laugh remembering....."Do you want me to stop this car and come back there?" "Don't make me stop this car!" LOL

Old 08-06-2009, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
hungry already, trying to keep eating to a minimum til I land in Saint Louis, will be making a beeline to White Castle!
Ha! Never been to a White Castle but have heard so much and have bought their frozen burgers. The way people talk about their love for them reminds me of In-N-Out burgers in CA. You are gonna have so much fun!!

Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ha! Never been to a White Castle but have heard so much and have bought their frozen burgers. The way people talk about their love for them reminds me of In-N-Out burgers in CA. You are gonna have so much fun!!
the frozen ones are but a pale imitation! but I do buy them when i get the jones....

Old 08-06-2009, 06:19 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I don't miss the bickering in the back seat......but after all these years.....I do get a laugh remembering....."Do you want me to stop this car and come back there?" "Don't make me stop this car!" LOL
Were you there last night?! You were in the backseat too? LOL How'd you guess that's how it went.... this morning they are sugar and sunshine.... But I have a feeling it will take me a long long long time to really MISS that kind of car ride. Riding with bickering makes me a nervous driver. I am usually a really GREAT driver but if they are fighting then I have to make sure they don't kill each other and then I have to worry nobody kills US too! It is a scary car ride... I hate riding with bickering.....

Ah another day another page.... so I have already turned it!!!!! Looks like a good story is to be had..... that other one was a tad frustrating. This one is about a Granddaughter and two Great-Granddaughters heading to Grandma's house for Lunch.... A grand buffet will be had of sweets of all kinds as the Grandmother and Aunts love cakes and candies and will usually eat that before dinner! A pizza feast will be served in honor of the Princess Cousin's 21st birthay..... who will kindly take the grand little princesses out in their little ball gown swimming suits to slip and slide on the royal yellow carpet of wet slippiness in the warm sunshine so their mother can enjoy adult conversation with the grown up Queens and Princesses.....

I love going to my Grandmother's and seeing my family. Sitting with my mother, aunt and cousins.... chit chatting and chowing on food... is there a better way to spend an afternoon? And they spoil my kids and babysit them for the afternoon!!!!! Which really spoils ME!!!! Love it.... Family and Food..... it's what is all about......

Dinner... ah well.... I have to pack for the kids trip and we might be full from lunch. We will see. I will report back on that later.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:28 AM

256 posts, read 453,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I know I will be giving this a try! Thanks for the recipe......I wonder if that is pretty much what everyone does? It sounds delicious.....I thought I remembered olives and at someone's house or a pot luck....chips on top. I like the sound of the cheese.
My recipe for tuna noodle casserole is a bit richer:

1 can (6oz) tuna, drained
1 small pkg wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c grated cheddar cheese
1/2 8oz container of sour cream
4 oz milk
3 cups frozen mixed veggies, steamed in small amt water for 10 min
2 cups slightly crushed potato chips

Mix cream of mushroom soup and grated cheddar with sour cream. Add milk slowly until consistency is slightly thinner (remember, when heated the liquid will get much thinner).

Add drained tuna, mix well.

Add veggies, mix well

Add 1 c of the crushed potato chips, mix carefully.

Put in cassarole dish of appropriate size.

Spread rest of potato chips on top.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 min.

Voila! 1 dish meal! Very filling.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:31 AM

I like the sounds of this recipe. I think I will try it next time. Yummo--thanks for sharing it!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hi, folks. Elston...if you mention wild Maine blueberries and lobster one more time, I'm gonna have to come over there and whack you up side yo' head! Two of the bestest foods God ever put on this planet.

Just kidding. You know I'd never slug you.

Not sure whether it'll be lunch or dinner, but NMS's World Famous Lentil Soup is in the crock pot as we speak. yum.

Looks like more rain in our future, but that's good. Everything is finally green again.

Have a great day, everyone.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:08 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemom View Post
My recipe for tuna noodle casserole is a bit richer:

1 can (6oz) tuna, drained
1 small pkg wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c grated cheddar cheese
1/2 8oz container of sour cream
4 oz milk
3 cups frozen mixed veggies, steamed in small amt water for 10 min
2 cups slightly crushed potato chips

Mix cream of mushroom soup and grated cheddar with sour cream. Add milk slowly until consistency is slightly thinner (remember, when heated the liquid will get much thinner).

Add drained tuna, mix well.

Add veggies, mix well

Add 1 c of the crushed potato chips, mix carefully.

Put in cassarole dish of appropriate size.

Spread rest of potato chips on top.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 min.

Voila! 1 dish meal! Very filling.
Ya know.... My husband LOVES tuna noodle cassarole and I am jst not a huge fan. But this recipe looks really like something I could handle. I have only made it once because I decided to humor him... LOL hehehe SO I got a box of Tuna Helper and made THAT! HAHAHAH he decided I made it REALLY badly! hahahahah I did!!! I made it REALLY badly!!!! hahahah But maybe if actually "TRY" this time.... LOL.... this recipe doesn't look so tough and who knows it might be something I can actually deal with.... is it really "fishy"?

Ok... I think I might get my butt off to the gym... do a work out and get the kids in the pool. Head out to my grandma's.... be back later.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink