Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2012, 01:53 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,536,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Despite Opinions on here Maryland is still a Southern State may it be a Boarder State or Mid Atlantic State....
Cookie has many friends from Maryland. Many of them born and raised. One black gentleman is even from the mouth of the Potomac.

None of them say Maryland is southern. Most of them say northeastern.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 AM

581 posts, read 968,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Cookie has many friends from Maryland. Many of them born and raised. One black gentleman is even from the mouth of the Potomac.

Somehow for me it's the opposite, I come across no Marylanders who would call the state Northeastern. Most of them say it is Mid-Atlantic or Southern but laugh or get offended at the label of 'Northeastern'. In fact, CityData is the only place I hear anyone call Maryland northeastern, in RL just about everyone calls it southern. I wonder how it is that we each only seem to be meeting one kind of Marylander.

It's just very odd to me, because other folks here say their Marylader friends all identify as northeasterners, when I had never even heard of Maryland being in the northeast, not from Pennsylvanians, Marylanders, Delawareans, West Virginians, or Virginians, until I found this website.

It's honestly just weird to go to a website and find people on the internet claiming the exact opposite of what you've heard from everyone in RL.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:16 AM

2,330 posts, read 4,399,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post

And at the end of the day it goes back to nothing more than individual's opinions that will not ever Dictate against the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State.......

Last edited by $mk8795; 09-14-2012 at 09:24 AM..

Old 09-14-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
Somehow for me it's the opposite, I come across no Marylanders who would call the state Northeastern. Most of them say it is Mid-Atlantic or Southern but laugh or get offended at the label of 'Northeastern'. In fact, CityData is the only place I hear anyone call Maryland northeastern, in RL just about everyone calls it southern. I wonder how it is that we each only seem to be meeting one kind of Marylander.

It's just very odd to me, because other folks here say their Marylader friends all identify as northeasterners, when I had never even heard of Maryland being in the northeast, not from Pennsylvanians, Marylanders, Delawareans, West Virginians, or Virginians, until I found this website.

It's honestly just weird to go to a website and find people on the internet claiming the exact opposite of what you've heard from everyone in RL.
Thats because they are either lying or the people that they come across that claim Maryland to be Northeast are not from the state of Maryland....

I will tell you that with my experience in traveling to the Carolina's there are some Country Folk down there that will claim that Maryland/DC is Northern however they never traveled north of Virginia or they traveled through DC and/or Baltimore and Assume that because DC/Baltimore looks like parts of New York that it must not be in the South but at the end of the Day all that means is that the South is very Diverse in how different cities were built in the South....

Old 09-14-2012, 09:41 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,171,366 times
Quote:
Thats because they are either lying or the people that they come across that claim Maryland to be Northeast are not from the state of Maryland....

I will tell you that with my experience in traveling to the Carolina's there are some Country Folk down there that will claim that Maryland/DC is Northern however they never traveled north of Virginia or they traveled through DC and/or Baltimore and Assume that because DC/Baltimore looks like parts of New York that it must not be in the South but at the end of the Day all that means is that the South is very Diverse in how different cities were built in the South....

Here he is again guys. Brace for the Northern Aggressor!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:45 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
in ya mouth..

Old 09-14-2012, 09:48 AM

I'm going to paraphrase one of this losers arguement's so that we can all watch this pissfest unfold....

"you can't deny the FACT that MARYLAND is SOUTHERN."

Lets review:
Notice how he provides no real evidence...he just bolds and caps random words. I guess those are the arguementative skills they teach in the northeast.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:11 AM

It looks like someone is in their feelings....

Old 09-14-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
It looks like someone is in their feelings....

Northeasterners hurt my feelings all the time. Especially with their stunning arguementative skills. Again...let me paraphrase.

YOU can't deny the FACT that MARYLAND IS SOUTHERN. :con fused:

Yeah...thats you.

Would you like to know why?

Because that is how northeasterns argue.

You are from Maryland

Which means you are from the Northeast

I can tell you want...ever so badly to be southern. But it just won't happen for you will it.

Why do you go on being a northeastern virgin loser. We will all continue being southern..and awesome.

Loser.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:34 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,955,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post

Nobody I know from Maryland considers it southern. Maybe people in Crisfield, Easton, Salisbury, Waldorf, and other country parts like that but ask someone from Montgomery county or Baltimore and they'll say its either mid atlantic, both northern and southern or neither northern or southern. No one outright calls Maryland southern, not anyone with an ounce of pride in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.