Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: TEXAS VS FLORIDA--Which state would you prefer to live in?
Texas 302 57.09%
Florida 227 42.91%
Voters: 529. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 12:12 AM

996 posts, read 1,897,789 times

Advertisements

I'm a Republican, therefore I embrace Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 03:34 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,739,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpterp View Post
Both states standout as being somewhat independent from the rest of the South (Florida more so), but there's too many things you can find in FL you can't get in Texas: the Keys, huge selection of theme parks, 24/7/12 sunshine and palm trees, and Miami Beach.
Actually Texas has Palm Trees as well.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:54 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,168,216 times
Texas has Theme Parks, Palm trees, and alot of sunshine, but your right we don't have the keys or Miami beach.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:00 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Don't kid yourself Htown, just look at the Where Disney will Build Next thread on City vs. City, Houstonians and other Texans are chomping at the bit for one.
yeah, Like I said Mickey makes my life worth living. Mickey will make Texas complete

Old 07-18-2011, 11:14 AM

996 posts, read 1,897,789 times
My serious answer: Politically I'd prefer Texas. I think I'd get along well with most people since I'm a nice yankee :P

I voted Texas, but Florida has a larger Jewish community so I'm torn.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,120 times
Default Texas VS Florida

I appreciate all the opinions, and comparisons. I am looking for some regarding our situation: My husband and I are in our late 40's, children are grown, so school isn't an issue for us, and we have a window tinting business here in Boca Raton, Florida. We are considering moving to Austin, TX for a business opportunity (I am also a realtor here in FL). I was born and raised in Indiana, and it is very different here in Florida, which is nice on one hand, but not sure about the other hand We would want to find the place to finish work and retire...what would anyone suggest for us? Any and all opinions will be taken into consideration. Thank you!

Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 PM

71 posts, read 105,331 times
No matter what state is the better one, USA of course! ! !
It doesn't make sense to bash states, only help to improve them when you find
something lacks.

Every state is special! ! ! And different from the other, thank god!
Improve and invest are the keywords for the next decade.
I hope every state will attract more businesses and that within some years
we are the number 1 again. Don't think that republicans or democrats or better said
any politic party will help us. We are the people, we are supposed to live next to each other.
And supposed to help each other. It's all upon us, deny the big show from Washington d.c.
It's a shame they are ruining the tax dollars. Power to the true Americans and people
who share or feel the American way of life.

It's time to stop the sacrifice of young Americans is countries where they do not belong.
It's time to face some hard years to bring down the scandalous National debt.
Time to build up the nation again and improving the economy. Time to forget the wasted years
and wasted dollars. Republican or democrat? It's all shine and unnecessary BS to give you a false
feeling of democracy. The West should be free again, free of the greed politicians. It's time to replace them
with people who really care about the West.

And yes i am born in Europe, live in Europe but the USA is all what interest me.
It's a shame to see such a great nation going down. Same for Europe btw...

Old 02-14-2013, 10:09 PM

233 posts, read 531,048 times
The only thing that Texas beats Florida is on jobs (Oh and a larger Asian population). Those who don't need to worry about that prefer Florida. Most of Texas's population growth is due to its high birthrate.....while most of Florida's growth is actually people from rest of the country moving to Florida even with its economic challenges.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:18 PM

490 posts, read 1,098,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofla951 View Post
The only thing that Texas beats Florida is on jobs (Oh and a larger Asian population). Those who don't need to worry about that prefer Florida.
I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

After careful and thorough consideration, I will not be relocating to Texas from Florida after all.

I've come to the conclusion that Florida suits me and my lifestyle much better than anywhere in Texas ever could.

Have a great weekend, y'all.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:51 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,049,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eahnee View Post
I have lived in both Florida and Texas (major cities). I grew up in Florida and attended school at a very good high school. I have now two kids who have went to high school in Texas and from a personal stand point the school systems in Florida exceeded the education I feel my kids receive. From what I have been told, the school standards are much lower because of the large amounts of hispanics that have a language barrier. Also the teen pregnacy and drop out rate is much higher here. As far as crime try going to Dallas, Houston or in a border town and and you will see real crime. FYI if your city is featured on COPS a lot you probably live in a high crime city.
So you saying the school system in Florida is lower becuse of all the hispanics? Why are you living in hispanics area than?

You saying teen pregnacy and drop out rate is higher in Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
Why is it that even though these states are so similar, Texas seems to be miles ahead with better paying jobs, attracting corps, and funding their colleges?
Why would Florida have more colleges and better funding if all the jobs in Florida are service sector economy?

You wont skilled jobs you do not move to Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.