Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Abrams or Kemp?
Abrams 88 61.97%
Kemp 54 38.03%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 01:47 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,354,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
1. Incorrect. She is paying her taxes through a payment plan. A fully legitimate and above-board means of paying taxes that is available to all taxpayers.

2. Not instead of. In addition to paying her taxes. That's strike two. I warned you about your swing.

3. You have a very poor imagination,

4. Granted. I had you mixed up with earlyfather and I have edited my edited post.

She has the means to pay it off and is running for political office paid by taxpayers. It is a horrible look no matter what you say. It looks awful. All taxpayers aren't running for political office so your point is meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 04:28 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,098,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
She has the means to pay it off and is running for political office paid by taxpayers. It is a horrible look no matter what you say. It looks awful. All taxpayers aren't running for political office so your point is meaningless.
If this is the worse Kemp can paint her then she will be fine because the reality is that Kemp has way more things in his resume that look awful to most voters.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:35 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
The difference between Kemp and Abrams' respective debts is that tax debt is usually due to irresponsibility. The loan that Kemp is dealing with is an unfortunate part of business, a business that it appears he didn't have direct influence in the decisions of.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:43 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,393,037 times
Debt is debt. At least Ms Abrams was helping a sick family member who, apparently, lacked the insurance to pay for treatment. I can certainly sympathize with her plight. As rondo cks said, though, neither is a perfect.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:06 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,443,661 times
So why didn’t Carter run?

Old 08-25-2018, 08:08 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,443,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Debt is debt. At least Ms Abrams was helping a sick family member who, apparently, lacked the insurance to pay for treatment. I can certainly sympathize with her plight. As rondo cks said, though, neither is a perfect.
Exactly people kill me as if they are perfect by selecting and approving of certain behaviors. I’m like Jesus he that is without sin cast the first stone. No party or candidate is perfect, but I surely like her Spelman and Yale background.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:18 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,877,908 times
maybe this is just a millennial thing, but this whole debt thing... literally everybody i know my age is in debt of some kind. i don't know if boomers or even Xers understand what the economy is like for those of us who didn't really get started until after the recession. i have friends with grad school degrees in all kinds of debt having to work 2-3 jobs, even in their own field.

this thread is also full of dogwhistles and the implication here is that "black people are irresponsible with money and stacey abrams is no different"

Old 08-25-2018, 11:35 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Indeed, you said exactly what you said, arbitrary No Secretary of state could arbitrarily kick people off the voting rolls., you know outside the law, without facing lawsuits. Georgia's voter roll clean up law is actually more generous than Ohio's, which was just recently upheld as lawful by The Supreme Court.

toll_booth Post #645
Quote:
Unless you have a secretary of state who arbitrarily kicks people off the voting rolls.
Here is how I responded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
There is a difference between arbitrary - not within the law - and acting within the law. Is Sec Kemp acting extra legally? I don't know, but you posit that he is. Which law is he violating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
I never said such a thing, and you know it. Kemp may just be so incompetent as to have fallen asleep at the very job at which he's supposed to do well. But even so, intent is not necessary for someone to have committed a crime.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:14 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,160,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Indeed, you said exactly what you said, arbitrary No Secretary of state could arbitrarily kick people off the voting rolls., you know outside the law, without facing lawsuits. Georgia's voter roll clean up law is actually more generous than Ohio's, which was just recently upheld as lawful by The Supreme Court.

toll_booth Post #645

Here is how I responded.
You think the SC can be trusted to uphold voting rights these days??

Old 08-25-2018, 04:17 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,106,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
The difference between Kemp and Abrams' respective debts is that tax debt is usually due to irresponsibility. The loan that Kemp is dealing with is an unfortunate part of business, a business that it appears he didn't have direct influence in the decisions of.
) Yeah that unfortunate part of business.................. is called failure and irresponsibility

People don't randomly become part of bad business discussions, He was part of and went a long with. The owner of investment company he failed to return the loan to said

“He’s the only person I ever dealt with,” Phillips said. “I loaned this money to Brian Kemp. I loaned it to Hart AgStrong at the request of Brian Kemp, and he personally guaranteed it.”

"Kemp sat in his Toccoa, Georgia, office and asked for a $500,000 loan so his company, Hart AgStrong LLC, could purchase raw canola seeds."

No one forced Kemp to do that, even if it wasn't his original discussion but some one else on his company board, it's his company it's under his leadership, and he went along with it. If he wasn't involved "which we know he was" would actually make it worst. Cause then he would be a non active manger and let his staff under him do anything including attract debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia