Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2017, 11:42 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post

Can you answer the same question for yourself?

I don't find society unfair to me overall. I'm not prone to whining, and I know things will never be equal for everyone across the board all the time. I accept that, and can live quite well within that fact.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-25-2017, 11:46 AM

1,098 posts, read 900,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I can ask the same question of why certain races are treated different by law enforcement and the legal system. Answer that as well.
We're not talking about that now. We're discussing gender inequality

Old 06-25-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't find society unfair to me overall. I'm not prone to whining, and I know things will never be equal for everyone across the board all the time. I accept that, and can live quite well within that fact.
Perfect answer

Old 06-25-2017, 11:49 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
We're not talking about that now. We're discussing gender inequality
I'm asking because I'm curious. Do you feel that boys on average get lower grades and disciplined more because they bring it on themselves or because of discrimination?

Old 06-25-2017, 11:50 AM

564 posts, read 448,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Nope. They are the study of the discipline. Let's take a few examples.

Differential geometry is in no way, shape or form influenced by gender (male or female).
Econometrics is in no way, shape or form influenced by gender (male or female).
Solid State Physics is in no way, shape or form influenced by gender (male or female).
Supply chain management is in no way, shape or form influenced by gender (male or female).
Bioengineering is in no way, shape or form influenced by gender (male or female).
Electrical engineering is in no way, shape or form influenced by gender (male or female).
Chemical engineering is in no way, shape or form influenced by gender (male or female).
Chemistry is in no way, shape or form influenced by gender (male or female).
Photolithography processes are in no way, shape or form influenced by gender (male or female).
Ceramics engineering is in no way, shape or form influenced by gender (male or female).

I could go on, but I suspect it isn't worth it.

Why?
Because it beats studying/learning?

Old 06-25-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I'm asking because I'm curious. Do you feel that boys on average get lower grades and disciplined more because they bring it on themselves or because of discrimination?
What do you mean? Like biologically? Yeah, maybe I agree with that

But in the gender studies world, biology, science and reason don't hold much weight.

If gender is TRULY a social construct then boys and girls should be disciplined 50/50 and have the same marks. Are boys being discriminated against in grade school? If you believe in feminism they certainly are. If you believe in science, reason and common sense-probably not

Last edited by Jame22; 06-25-2017 at 12:13 PM..

Old 06-25-2017, 12:07 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And how is society not being fair to you?
Does it matter if society is not being unfair or unjust to one person? There is rampant unfairness and unjustness in our society toward many...which is unfair and unjust to all. As Martin Miemoeller pointed out so well.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Does it matter if society is not being unfair or unjust to one person? There is rampant unfairness and unjustness in our society toward many...which is unfair and unjust to all. As Martin Miemoeller pointed out so well.
Exactly, It's not all about YOU.

I have never been oppressed in my life (that I'm aware of) but that doesn't stop me from acknowledging people that have.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:01 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
What do you mean? Like biologically? Yeah, maybe I agree with that

But in the gender studies world, biology, science and reason don't hold much weight.

If gender is TRULY a social construct then boys and girls should be disciplined 50/50 and have the same marks. Are boys being discriminated against in grade school? If you believe in feminism they certainly are. If you believe in science, reason and common sense-probably not
I don't think gender is only a social construct, simple biology shows our differences.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-25-2017, 05:06 PM

628 posts, read 838,102 times
I had to do A womens studies at the university as it was required even though the degree was a MBA degree so i did not know why it was required but everyone male and female had to for all degrees according to a call to the university
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates