Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2009, 06:52 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
But men don't have to leave. So logic would dictate to just keep the one affected pejoratively off the battlefield to begin with.
Why don't you just remove anyone who might get shot

Old 10-05-2009, 10:03 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
I do not question the patriotism,motivation,dedication,or job skills of our women serving in todays armed forces.What I very much question is the ability of women to function in a combat situation on both a physical and emotional level.I feel that the services have already gone way too far in integrating women.They do not belong in a combat zone.They should not be serving aboard ships at sea,let alone on subs.One of the topics only touched on lightly on this debate is the impact of females regarding the negative influence they have had on disipline and morale.Talk to senior nco's or mid level officers off the record and they will tell you that women service members cause and have more personal problems than do men.An AF Senior Master Sergeant that I met socially remarked in jest that sometimes he felt more like a counselor at a girls school than an administrator.In the terrorist bombing of the USS Cole 2 of the 17 killed were women,the first female sailors to die in combat.This never should have happened,and it would not have if the women had been kept out of harms way.Women do not have the physical strength or endurance,nor the emotional toughness to function in the sheer sustained terror of combat.It is not their fault,it is just the way it is,and nothing can ever change that.Battle does not recognize social engineering or equality of the sexes.War is not an Equal Opportunity Employer,the winner of the fight is the strongest,toughest men with the best weapons and training.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:21 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Why don't you just remove anyone who might get shot
Why? There is no reason for women to be on the battlefield, they are to be protected, not put at risk.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:40 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I believe I said "can".

Men are simply stronger than women. It's a known biological fact. Maybe that's why--again--the physical standards are different.
I have to disagree. I've known some small, scrawny men in my life (5'4, maybe 100 pounds). I've also known some brawny, tough women as well. Not all men are stronger than all women.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:45 AM

Let's take 25 random women, and 25 random men, give them a 65 pound pack and ask them to hike 20 miles.

You want to take bets on which gender will have the higher percentage of finishers?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Not all men are stronger than all women.
The average woman has half the upper body strength and two thirds the lower body strength of the average man.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:16 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times
Women dont belong on subs. Too close of quarters, and military or not, nature will take its course. Enough months out at sea, sailors get quite ...frisky. You ought to hear some of the things talked about as it is...
Make it an all-woman sub if you want equality...but keep them off the subs with men.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:18 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Women dont belong on subs. Too close of quarters, and military or not, nature will take its course. Enough months out at sea, sailors get quite ...frisky. You ought to hear some of the things talked about as it is...
Make it an all-woman sub if you want equality...but keep them off the subs with men.
Actually a few women, especially Chiefs, might clean up some of the banter on a sub.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:20 AM

^Or initiate it.

What gives you the impression that women are any more well-mannered than men? I've heard plenty of women that curse like a sailor.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:45 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
The average woman has half the upper body strength and two thirds the lower body strength of the average man.
Exactly, this is the problem.

The average woman can't do the job. However, I see no reason if a woman can meet the exact same physical standards as a man, that she shouldn't be allowed in the same combat situation.

But women don't usually have to meet the same physical requirements.

I know we have women pilots, for instance, but they meet the same physical requirements as their male counterparts.

Unless they can cut the mustard, they don't need to be in the combat situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates