Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 03:15 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times

Advertisements

Whites simple do not respect the ramifications of history. Too many think that just because something ended....that the consquences or reactions ended as well. You don't have a CLUE!!!! I get sick of such ignorance as if you are experts in what we go through better than we are. Anyone want to debate that this TOO is a legacy of racism? How do you fix this without pushing "black pride"? Why would whites need white pride....based upon what is seen here? Of the various reason for high homicide rates in blacks.....conditioned self hatred is a big part. I experienced this exact same thing with my daughter....who is now 7. We deprogrammed her by teaching focusing our attention at getting her to appreciate "blackness" as something beautiful and great. We would have never had to preech "Black pride" if not for socially conditioned self disrespect.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2010/...1811273896432/

YouTube - White Doll, Black Doll. Which one is the nice doll?

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 05-15-2010 at 03:26 PM..

Old 05-15-2010, 03:27 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
The problem is with the parents or guardians not instilling a positive self image.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:28 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,343,711 times
It's completely taken out of context so I have no idea what exactly they were trying to accomplish with this video, and there's no explanation in it either.

But how about pushing personal responsibility, dignity, respectful behavior, thinking for oneself, a solid well thought out moral, ethical and principal standpoint and the courage to stand by them in the worst of times.

This focus on colour is getting old, our DNA and gene pool is convoluted enough to know that the colour of your skin has little to say about anything.

Focus on being a decent human, if everyone did that, there wouldn't even be a discussion.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
It's completely taken out of context so I have no idea what exactly they were trying to accomplish with this video, and there's no explanation in it either.

But how about pushing personal responsibility, dignity, respectful behavior, thinking for oneself, a solid well thought out moral, ethical and principal standpoint and the courage to stand by them in the worst of times.

This focus on colour is getting old, our DNA and gene pool is convoluted enough to know that the colour of your skin has little to say about anything.

Focus on being a decent human, if everyone did that, there wouldn't even be a discussion.

There was a link that you did not follow:
CNN: White, black children have white bias - UPI.com

Yeah...because black folks don't do that already. Eureka!!! Thanks for the tip!

Old 05-15-2010, 03:35 PM

516 posts, read 1,375,869 times
I completely agree it's about giving your children a good self esteem. I'm sorry but as long as parents do that, there should be no "self hatred"... you can't tell me that kids who are raised to appreciate who they are be it race, hair, eye color, heritage, personality, etc would hate themselves just because of their race.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:36 PM

744 posts, read 811,852 times
Irish were slaves for a LONG time, why don't we need Irish-centric schools? Please reply

Old 05-15-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
The problem is with the parents or guardians not instilling a positive self image.
Well...how do these children learn that whiteness represents a positive self image? Even if their parent presented a negative image....how do whites get to be the positiv image?

Old 05-15-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaecho View Post
I completely agree it's about giving your children a good self esteem. I'm sorry but as long as parents do that, there should be no "self hatred"... you can't tell me that kids who are raised to appreciate who they are be it race, hair, eye color, heritage, personality, etc would hate themselves just because of their race.
And this is why the issue of race will never be resolved. When seeing is not believing....and cognitive dissonance rules.....its hopeless. There is none as blind as thos who refuse to see.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:42 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,343,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
There was a link that you did not follow:
CNN: White, black children have white bias - UPI.com

Yeah...because black folks don't do that already. Eureka!!! Thanks for the tip!
I didn't see the link, and I see you chose to read the worst into my post.

The point I was trying to make is that White pride, Black Pride, Asian pride or Hispanic Pride for that matter won't enable progress.

Or in other words: I don't think you'll fight ignorance within one colour by applying the same in another, you just create polarization. You change the world and society by being better than the current standard, and you change it one person at the time, starting with yourself.

EDIT: By the way: White "Pride" and supremacy is a problem that it's far more important that white people address, not black or anyone else. Fighting fire with fire in this case won't solve the "race issue" it'll at best completely segregate, but not solve.

Let me ask you this: Why is it so important to have pride in your colour?

Old 05-15-2010, 03:47 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Irish were slaves for a LONG time, why don't we need Irish-centric schools? Please reply
Might have something to do with the Irish being white themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.