Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2018, 10:29 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times

Advertisements

Sears #2305, Anderson Mall, 3101 North Main Street, Anderson, South Carolina 29621-2764, is in the process of closing. A closing date has not been announced yet.

I do not know how much longer Sears and Kmart stores remaining in South Carolina will remain open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 09:19 PM

24 posts, read 18,840 times
Bojangles on Woodruff Rd is closing and moving to Five Forks area and Chili's on Woodruff Rd is closing and moving to Simpsonville.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:21 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Why would Chili's close the Woodruff Rd location because they are adding a Simpsonville location? Both there locations including Haywood always look busy to me. Makes no sense. Their competitor Applebee's has a Woodruff Rd. location as well as Simpsonville and Haywood.

Adding a Cherrydale or Greer/Taylors area location would be a smart move for Chili's.

Last edited by vistatiger; 05-05-2018 at 10:40 PM..

Old 05-06-2018, 05:56 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,049,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Why would Chili's close the Woodruff Rd location because they are adding a Simpsonville location? Both there locations including Haywood always look busy to me. Makes no sense. Their competitor Applebee's has a Woodruff Rd. location as well as Simpsonville and Haywood.

Adding a Cherrydale or Greer/Taylors area location would be a smart move for Chili's.
Maybe they decided woodruff rd location was terrible. Simpsonville seems a better decision than placing one in cherrydale. That’s making the extraordinary assumption 2 chili’s in Greenville are enough.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:14 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Sears #2305, Anderson Mall, 3101 North Main Street, Anderson, South Carolina 29621-2764, is in the process of closing. A closing date has not been announced yet.

I do not know how much longer Sears and Kmart stores remaining in South Carolina will remain open.
The lifetime warranty on my Craftsman tools isn't looking like such a good investment anymore......

Sad to see such an iconic American brand destroyed by an owner whose main goal is to extract cash for their personal use.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:56 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
The lifetime warranty on my Craftsman tools isn't looking like such a good investment anymore......

Sad to see such an iconic American brand destroyed by an owner whose main goal is to extract cash for their personal use.

Black and Decker is in good shape, and they're the ones that own Craftsman now. Honoring all previous warranties.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:08 PM

428 posts, read 362,705 times
Yeah Black and Decker is on the hook for warranties

Old 05-08-2018, 03:24 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Black and Decker is in good shape, and they're the ones that own Craftsman now. Honoring all previous warranties.
as per the warranty website:

Quote:
Warranty Service

To obtain the warranty coverage stated below, return the product to the retailer from which it was purchased. Coverage will be fulfilled according to the retailer warranty exchange procedure and may be subject to a limitation on the number of items allowed per exchange.
Craftsman (or Craftsman Industrial) Hand Tool Full Warranty

If this Craftsman (or Craftsman Industrial) hand tool ever fails to provide complete satisfaction, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge.
This warranty does not cover expendable parts that can wear out from normal use within the warranty period. *

As Sears stores close, it becomes more difficult to return the item to the retailer from which it was purchased. If you live in Columbia, do you have to drive 2 hours every time you need a socket replaced?

Old 05-08-2018, 04:57 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
as per the warranty website:

As Sears stores close, it becomes more difficult to return the item to the retailer from which it was purchased. If you live in Columbia, do you have to drive 2 hours every time you need a socket replaced?
I'd fill out a "Contact Us" form and say that the retailed it was purchased from has closed. What their limit for distance is, I don't know.. But I've seen people who didn't have a Sears nearby say that they got a tool shipped to them, though after sending the original back in, so.. No advance exchange..

If you had to drive 30 minutes to a Sears, might they consider that acceptable while you wouldn't? That's the part I can't answer.

And.. It is important to note that they state there is no change to the warranty "In the immediate term"

Which.. Gives them an out.. I don't think they'd make a change on it, though, as that's going to bring alot of ill-will and would damage the brand (IMO)

Old 05-08-2018, 05:16 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
My Burger 101 in that commercial wasteland on Halton and Congaree closed down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area